[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

marijuana use & relationships

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: mj.jpg (138KB, 1200x726px) Image search: [Google]
mj.jpg
138KB, 1200x726px
Hey /adv/, here's the situation.

I've been with my wife for just almost 6 years, and been smoking weed recreationally for more than twice that. My wife has smoked (rarely) in the past, but doesn't anymore. But she never had a problem with my usage, until recently. She's told me a few times now that she's worried about my drug use and that she thinks I might have a substance abuse problem.

I know that people who suffer from addiction issues often are incapable of seeing their own situation clealy, but I do not have a substance abuse problem. I take great care to smoke responsibly; I never smoke when I might have to drive, never when I have work the next day, never when I'm upset or stressed about something, and never before our son (almost 3 y.o.) goes to bed. I smoke maybe 2-3 times a month, and a 1/4-oz lasts me well over a year, maybe a year and a half. I know that I'm not abusing it.

But here's the thing, I don't think she's being manipulative or gaslighting me. She was in a long-term relationship with a hardcore alcoholic before she and I met, and it's made her extremely sensitive to these issues. So... what do? How can I talk to her in a way that's respectful of what she's gone through but also not just agreeing with her?
>>
That's tough, man. I love weed and will go through phases where I'm literally stoned from morning till night, and the only reason they're phases is due to monetary issues. You could call me a staunch marijuana advocate. That being said, I'm single with no children.

Does she sound like she's being unreasonable? Sure. But is it something to ruin a marriage over? No.

It sounds like you're responsible with your usage, but from what you're saying it doesn't seem like that matters - she's made her decision that it's bad. If she can't see that you're handling your usage well and if it's going to be a source of problems, I'd say drop the weed.
>>
So what's she observing recently that has made her suddenly believe this is a problem? Are there problems in other areas?

She may also be looking for a way out.

Since it's not a big deal, I'd just go cold turkey and prove her otherwise. If you can't, well, maybe she's on to something.
>>
>>17548297
>been smoking weed recreationally for more than [12 years]
>I do not have a substance abuse problem.
Yes, you do.
>>
>>17548360
I'm not OP.

Just because you've been doing something for a lengthy period of time doesn't mean there's a problem. I drink a couple beers every Friday after work and have been doing so for the last 10 years. Does that make me an alcoholic? Does that mean I have a substance abuse problem?
>>
File: 1462555619045.png (8KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1462555619045.png
8KB, 500x400px
>>17548297
HHAHAHAH
Tell your wife she's a normie scum
Me and my GF go through a 1/2 oz every week.
1/4 a year? HOly shit nigga you might as well not even smoke.
If you don't drink any booze, then even better.

Tell her that it isn't an issue, it's less damaging than alcohol, the high lasts less than 3-4 hours and you're doing it less than 3 times a month and a quarter lasts you a whole year which is barely ANYTHING on your finances.
>>
>>17548297
Holy shit you have amazing self control
If I got a quater that should would be gone in no time at all.
Not smoking when you're stressed or upset? How the fuck?

You literally have zero problem with weed. This is the perfect example of "occasional recreational use".
>>
>>17548297
Fuck you nigga that doesn't even qualify as recreational.

That's like once in a blue moon smoking
If I knew you I'd be pressuring you blaze up cus you're a pussy and should blaze more faggot
>>
>>17548297
I bet your wife spends more on makeup and other girly shit than you do on your "addictive habit"
>>
File: ddddddddddddddddddddd.jpg (7KB, 217x232px) Image search: [Google]
ddddddddddddddddddddd.jpg
7KB, 217x232px
You should use this pic related then you will do zero damage due to smoke.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.