[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Working at a religious institution as a non-religious person?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: cross.jpg (109KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
cross.jpg
109KB, 960x720px
Just wanted to get some input from others, I'm applying for job openings and there's one at a religious institution that looks promising. The problem is, I am not religious. Not a militant atheist, but religion has just never been a part of my life. The application is asking all these questions about promoting God's love and shit like that, and I know I would feel like a fraud if I actually landed the position there based on my application BSing. I am pretty desperate for a job at this point though, so I really can't afford to be picky. What do you guys think?
>>
>>17548126
Grab a Bible, read it. Ask God to show you a sign of his existance. That is how I came to believe, the night I read the Bible I felt the presence of the Lord.
>>
>>17548126

If you really need a job, you should probably bullshit.
>>
If you're going to bullshit about believing in the LORD, make sure you aren't agreeing to anything you can't do. Imagine pretending to be a Christian to get a job and then one of your coworkers realizes you only know two books of the Bible.

So what is this job? Does it actually require adhering to the religion?
>>
Yeah what kind of job is it? I've been a teacher at a Catholic school, but I was a language teacher, I never had to do anything religious, so it was fine. What does the job entail?
>>
>>17548204
>>17548211
Doctor at a Lutheran hospital. It says they start meetings with a prayer even, and pray with patients.
>>
Do you really want to work with people who are that self-righteous and judgemental?
>>
>>17548219
>doctor
>they pray all the time
don't lie. ask if it's okay that you're not Lutheran.
>>
>>17548219
Hrm.
Yeah, if they pray all of the time it'll be obvious if you don't know the prayers. I'm with >>17548230.
>>
why are so many doctors on 4chan. are they real doctors? this is concerning.
>>
>>17548126
I bullshit my religious pov's since 2013 and everybody buys it... If I can do it, u can do it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.