[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently stopped taking my Zoloft after 3 years. My god. My

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1473370922187.jpg (24KB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
1473370922187.jpg
24KB, 288x216px
I recently stopped taking my Zoloft after 3 years. My god. My brain is in the gutter. I've lost interest in everything I do, I'm barely eating, barely sleeping. I feel like life is worthless again. Like there's no point being alive. I can see reality as just being pointless.

Are these my real thoughts coming back? Should I return to my numbed state of obliviousness?
>>
There's no such thing as "real" or "unreal" thoughts. They're your thoughts and that's it.

It certainly sounds to me like you aren't doing so well off your meds. Were things so bad when you were on them?
>>
>>17547442

Did you ease off slowly or stop cold turkey?
>>
>>17547618
not OP but:
>Do depressive people push other people away?
Yes, some of them. But not everyone.
>Can you even attempt to help them or will they hate you even more for trying?
If you want to help someone with depression, the absolute best thing you can do for them is convince them to see a doctor about it. It is a terrible fucking illness and trying to help without knowing how can absolutely make things worse.
>>
>>17547442
>Are these my real thoughts coming back?
Exactly the opposite. You are still not well. Your disease tried to tell you that these wete your real thoughts, back before you started taking the medicine. It lied then, and it lies now.

>Should I return to my numbed state of obliviousness?
You were not numbed. You were not oblivious.
>>
>>17547725
>>Do depressive people push other people away?
>Yes, some of them. But not everyone.

Since no one replied i deleted the post, forgot how slow /adv/ can be.

Well the person i am talking about seems to have cut everyone off they were close too.

And doesnt reply to those, but he apparently has no problem keeping contact with people that dont know of it, lets call them casual relationships.
>>
>Are these my real thoughts coming back? Should I return to my numbed state of obliviousness?

Here is a huge error in thinking. What happens in your head, Zoloft or not, is not the way the universe "is." Whether you are in a good mood or a bad mood, thinking the world is good or bad, the world stays the same. You are the thing that is changing.

You could say Zoloft creates an unnatural sense of contentment for you. However, some people get no contentment on or off Zoloft, naturally or artificially. Try to be a little grateful.

>but if it's not natural it's bad!!! it's not real!
then stop eating things that are grown with modern agricultural methods and machinery. see how far nature gets you, especially alone.

tl;dr: stop sabtoging yourself due to a half-baked philosophy on medication
>>
Thank you for the advice from this thread. I've ordered my repeat prescription. I'll pick it up tomorrow and start again.

Seriously guys, Thank you.
>>
the pills fucked you up and now you can't live with your disorder anymore because the pills made it worse so just keep taking your pills
>>
>>17548586
Pretty sure I would be dead by now if not for modern pharmaceuticals. You can always use a different medication. Mirtazepine often helps counter the side effects of SSRIs for instance. Bupropion and tianeptine and others have different and often more tolerable side effect profiles entirely. Do what you need to do to make life feel worthwhile. It's a waste if you don't, imo.
>>
>>17547907
Also what this person wrote.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.