[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the best advice you ever got on 4chan? I got mine on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 0d7455a940.jpg (72KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
0d7455a940.jpg
72KB, 600x600px
What was the best advice you ever got on 4chan?

I got mine on /b/

It was a recipe for sirloin and basil.

It was easy to do and healthy, I won over lots of girl with this simple dish:

-approximately 4 oz.’s of sirloin steak (or about 115 g’s per serving)

-tomato’s (I used cherry tomato’s in this recipe but feel free to use any kind)

-basil

-mushrooms

-onions

Directions:

1. Preheat a frying pan and then spray it with non-stick spray.

2. While waiting for the frying pan to heat up, wash, peel, and chop onion. If the mushrooms you bought didn’t come pre-sliced, wash and chop them as well.

3. Add chopped mushrooms and onions to heated pan and stir around occasionally for about 5 minutes on medium heat.

4. Add sirloin steak to the same pan and cook for about 5 minutes or so, alternating sides. Feel free to add pepper or low-salt spices to the steak.

5. Remove steak from pan and cut into smaller pieces on a cutting board. Depending on how well you like your steak done, you may want to place it back on the frying pan again after you’ve cut it into smaller pieces.

6. Combine basil, tomato’s, onions and mushroom mix, steak, top with dressing, and enjoy!
>>
To fuck as much fresh pussy as I can because I wont be able to soon
>>
Live life
Talk to someone's face as if you would behind their back (warning: can cause rage)
>>
>>17547263
>nonstick spray

Fucking gross dude use another fat that shits just aerosol margarine
>>
Made a post here about my ex girlfriend way back in 2012, the usual ranting and raving about how I can't forget all the good times and I keep feeling like I need to win her back etc etc. Someone simply replied "She's not fucking thinking this much about you" or something to that extent. Only reply, thread sank and 404'd soon after.

Felt harsh at the time, but I realized how dumb I was being and how little I was getting in return from her, left her behind to focus on self improvement and am now dating someone much more beautiful and selfless. Now I give the same advice to anyone hung up over a (possibly manipulative) ex, except for extenuating circumstances where she clearly is thinking about it a lot, every relationship is different yadda yadda.

Wherever you are anon, thanks, you really gave me a better perspective with a simple harsh sentence.
>>
Gave me confidence to ask a girl out. Got rejected but I gained plenty of experience ever since. Thanks anons
>>
>>17548252
Share the experience fucker
>>
It's funny because i don't remember.
I just know it helped me a lot.
>>
To read Marcus Aurelius: the meditations

And to just "git gud" in general.
>>
>>17548253

To keep it short,
> We went home together
> We passed by our usual route where it is quiet and chill
> I stopped, she looked back at me surprised
> I told her,
> "I can't help contain what I'm feeling anymore. Before anyone else tells you, I'd rather be the one to tell you first. I like you."
> she smiled, hugged me, and said,
> "thank you, anon. But I'm not yet ready and I don't want to destroy our friendship that we have."
> i smiled, and said,
> "thanks for being honest with me"

We're still good friends today.
>>
Do her right in da pucci
>>
>>17548264
>To read Marcus Aurelius: the meditations
What would you say you've gained from that?
>>
>>17548280
Did you at least made clear that you were interested in her sexualy? Maybe she saw you as some insecure androgynous guy.
>>
>>17548469
Wouldn't count on that. We were really close with one another and I guess she was starting to feel that I like her as a guy. We both embraced each other's faults as if it were our own, but she just wasn't ready.
>>
"Don't do it"
>>
File: just a note from some anon.png (23KB, 1288x291px) Image search: [Google]
just a note from some anon.png
23KB, 1288x291px
Most recent piece of advice I decided to take note of to help me with writing.
>>
>>17549005

Eh... yes and no. Mostly no.

Depending on the significance of the thing, it may not need elaboration or it may demand it.

Unexplained details may be far more distracting than over-explained ones. We might take for granted that the demon has three eyes if it pops up in one scene, gets gutted by the hero, and isn't mentioned again. I mean, now it's just some gross dead thing, so sure, let's move on. But if you bring up legends about its strangely particular habit of TGIF fortnight murder-snacking, conservation of detail now requires that that idea actually matters and we will learn more about it. No, we don't need a full Wikipedia article on the thing and its migration patterns and mating habits, but don't tease us with an intriguing detail and then leave it a mystery to the reader because it's just normal to the characters.

Any time you bring up something that doesn't exist in our world, it attracts the reader's attention. So minimize unnecessary fantastic elements that you, as the writer, don't really think are actually important. If the protagonist walks under a tree that has nothing to do with the story, have it be an oak, or an elm, or just a fucking tree, rather than an enigmatic lunarbor pine with violet needles that shimmer in the moonlight. If your character looks out the window and sees a wibblesnout, and the wibblesnout likes to climb trees and gather acorns, just call it a fucking squirrel.

And yeah, you don't have to explain oaks and squirrels and you shouldn't. But glossing over the fantastic that YOU introduced to the story is just baffling.

I honestly can't think of a single time I was reading a work of speculative fiction and had my immersion broken by explained fantasy and unexplained mundane.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.