[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Boyfriend Uncomfortable w/ Guy Friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: pondering.jpg (338KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
pondering.jpg
338KB, 800x532px
So I recently started dating a new guy, and he's been showing discomfort towards one of my best friends, who is also a guy.

Now, before you start, it's not because I'm friends with a man that's getting to him. Some of my other friends are men, and he doesn't care all that much about them. It's the fact that this particular person has mainly female friends than male that's been really getting to him. He's been having a lot issues with that, feeling that this friend specifically can't be trusted; leaving him to flip out whenever he discovers that I'm still talking or hanging out with said friend.

I'm not really seeing what the big deal here is. Nor do I see what makes this person untrustworthy in anyone's eyes. The fact he can be more friends with women than men has honestly been one of my favourite characteristics about him. And my boyfriend, again, has no issue with my other guy friends. Just this one for this express reason. And I'm not sure the relationship is going to last if my boyfriend keeps acting up like this.

What's wrong with befriending a guy who's mostly friends with women?
>>
He thinks you're going to sleep with your guy friend.
>>
Way to straight up cuck your boyfriend you louty bitch.
>>
your boyfriend doesn't care about facts, he just sees you spending time with a guy. he doesnt really believe he has a lot of female friends, and ifh e does he thinks hes sleeping with them all or at leat owrking at it.

if hes flambuoyant enough, id just claim that hes secretly gay so ur bf chills
>>
>>17547072
Won't she?
>>
real talk, its just because there is very little reason to be friends with MOSTLY women and guys know this. and guys know this because they are guys and they know mostly guys, and they have probably known guys that have "mostly female friends" and they know its wack as fuck
>>
>>17547069
do you think that one friend is attractive?
>>
>>17547069
>my best friend is a guy
Dropped.

Bitches and whores.
>>
>>17547072
Instead of my other guy friends? Whom he doesn't seem all that concerned about? I don't see why this one, and the people he associates himself with, should matter.
>>
>>17547072

This. Your boyfriend is insecure and feels threatened by your friend because he sees him as a ladies' man.

If neither you or your friend have any romantic/sexual intentions toward each other, then all you can do is explain this to your bf. If he still doesn't get it, then too bad. It's his problem, not yours
>>
>>17547083
Enough so that I'm not surprised women are around him a lot.
>>
>>17547090

Has he slept with many of his female friends? Is he in a relationship, or single?
>>
>>17547095
>Has he slept with many of his female friends?
Not that I know of. Not really my business, though.

>Is he in a relationship, or single?
He dates frequently. Or I see him and a random girl, like say at a bar, getting physically close with each other (ex.: she'll put his arms around him), even if they just met that night. I've never really bothered to keep track of his love life.
>>
>>17547090
so that's a yes then. give me straight answers woman.

do you party with this guy? drugs? drinking a lot? something that would lower your inhibitions.

does he have any reason to question your loyalty? do you have a busy sexual past?
>>
>>17547118
>do you party with this guy? drugs? drinking a lot? something that would lower your inhibitions.
We go out to bars with friends and drink. That's it.

>does he have any reason to question your loyalty?
No at all. And he shouldn't be dating me if doesn't trust me fully.

>do you have a busy sexual past?
Long term relationships only.
>>
>>17547082

OP, this right here is the answer.

Dudes who have only or mostly girl friends have some severe deficiency. The guy is either gay or a creep, and the fact that you either don't see this or don't care is a huge red flag on you too
>>
>>17547069
I can't imagine why. Honestly I'd be less threatened if my girlfriend said she had a guy friend like this on the grounds that they might be gay or because being friends with girls is more normal for them, making them more trustworthy.

Your boyfriend probably comes from a background or school or something where dudes didn't really mix with girls on a platonic level. I'd say he's being a bit crazy / unreasonable and that it's not a big deal.

But I will say this. I have no problem with my SO having guy friends, the only thing that sets off alarm bells is either 1 if they have a history together or 2 if I notice either of them being flirty with the other. This has yet to happen in my current relationship but it has in the past.

Have you ever been flirty with him? Did you have a past with him? If no to both of those he's definitely being unreasonable, if yes to one or both of them try to see it from his perspective.
>>
>>17547138
What am I supposed to get what is there to understand. Whatever it is I can't change it back now so what the fuck is the point of trying to reason with any of this?
>>
File: 1451504566496.jpg (49KB, 292x293px) Image search: [Google]
1451504566496.jpg
49KB, 292x293px
>>17547123
i had a similar situation occur last spring between my gf and one of her classmates. i had been with her for roughly a year so we weren't newly committed but a year isn't all that long either.

a male classmate started getting really talkative with her which i was understandably weary of but i ultimately thought it was a good thing since she usually has trouble making friends since she's very shy. she gave him her number which i wasn't super comfortable about but i've given my number out to plenty of female classmates before and i understood exchanging contact information.

i find out he's texting her daily which also means she's replying daily. i'm not a fan of it but whatever, no harm i suppose. i figure the guy is just attracted to her and she's too beta to tell him to back off. she's transparent and shows me the texts since i gave her a tommyleejonesnewspaper.jpg when she told me "i don't think he's into me like that." she informs me that he knows that she's in a relationship. i give her an internal tommyleejones.jpg.

he buys her coffee the next week as they study together.

he and her and going over notes and assignments after class on a consistent basis.

she and him study together in the library for an exam.

still texting a lot.

fast forward two months and she is feeling distant. she tells me soon after that cheated on me. says it was a mistake after class one day.

i avoided being the prototypical "jealous bf" despite my gut telling me to intervene.

fuck whores.
>>
>>17547082
>>17547138
What are you talking about? I have a solid friend group of eight guys including myself, aside from them I've always thought it was much easier to befriend women than men. Maybe it's because I'm in college but most other guys are always trying to one-up each other / try to be more alpha or fratbro type. Girls have their guard up at first because they think I might be hitting on them but once they realize I have a girlfriend already they're really easy to make conversation and become friends with.
>>
>>17547156

Wait... you're still with her after she did that? Why man?
>>
>>17547156
Your girlfriend knew he was into her and liked the attention. Should have been a red flag on her, not the situation.
>>
>>17547149
why even post then?

>>17547158
being easier to befriend doesnt mean anything in the context people are talking about... women are easy to befriend sure but if you're a dude and cant tell that having mostly female friends is strange in a bad way then idk what to tell you.
>>
>>17547164
that was more for narrative purposes. i didn't want to give away the ending.
>>
>>17547170
Lol no you aren't making sense. Why would you judge someone as being "strange in a bad way" for having mostly female friends? I mean the whole point of friends is that it's not a sexual relationship so in their eyes (and mine) they're just people to hang out with.

Do you have any female friends at all?
>>
File: pondering2mirrored.png (178KB, 2148x1310px) Image search: [Google]
pondering2mirrored.png
178KB, 2148x1310px
>all these posts saying men don't want to be friends with women without sex in mind

I'm friends with a lot of women because I can talk to them about things that, as I can tell you from experience, most men are incapable of processing or handling correctly. I can go to women for things that are important to me, things that I need to go to someone for, that are just simply outside the skills and fervency of the male sex in general. And I can have experiences with women that men too often fail at with both sexes.

Yes, it *is* because they satisfy a need men really cannot do. Yes, if you're both heterosexual, a friendship entails a lot of risk and potential backfires that can ruin everything. But, again from experience, men can make pretty awful friends under certain conditions. Conditions that women tend to be ideal for, and knock everyone out of the park in.
>>
>>17547191
You sound like a dumbass fuckboy that i'd light up on street if you came out the club with my bitch
>>
>>17547191
sounds like you have had all shitty male friends or are a man that doesn't inspire trust in your male peers.

i've had plenty of "close female friends" that were open books and i sought out advice from and such.

those relationships paled in comparison to a loving, completely heterosexual male-male friendship.
>>
>>17547193
>read that post
>read trip: "Pegasus"
Had a hearty kek
>>
>>17547069
>What's wrong with befriending a guy who's mostly friends with women?

No fucking idea to be honest...

Whatever though, he's entitled to have his own crazy reasons for whatever.

That being said, your boyfriend has absolutely no right to control who YOUR friends are.

Talk to him, ask him what's up. You don't AT ALL have to accept and follow what he says, but if you want to know why, it's best to ask him, and to have your own opinion heard too.

After that, if he's dead set on overstepping and imposing his own ideologies on you--while ignoring yours--time to get the fuck out because it just shows that he just doesn't respect your autonomy and it would never work out between you.
>>
File: images (8).jpg (30KB, 375x392px) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
30KB, 375x392px
>>17547069
You know this to be true OP.

Degenerate whore
>>
>>17547212
so i take it you're single?
>>
File: 1473300576067.jpg (54KB, 530x590px) Image search: [Google]
1473300576067.jpg
54KB, 530x590px
>>17547206

loving every laugh <3
>>
>>17547123
>And he shouldn't be dating me if doesn't trust me fully.
This "oh he doesn't trust me" is such a bullshit line. You can easily turn this around on you and ask why you don't trust his judgement of the guy?

The fact that you seem to ignore his feelings make him lose his trust in you.

>>17547082
I agree with this 100%.

>>17547158
He talked about having a severe deficiency. And since you seem unable to acquire more guy friends and have a problem with other men in general you have exactly that, so your
>hurr what are you even talking about durr
is pretty stupid.
Just like this guy:
>>17547191
Hating men when you're a man is a red flag if I've ever seen one.

It's the same thing as the
>totally one of the guys xD
meme for women. If your gf had exclusively male friends you'd probably run as well - or at least most men would.

Plus: Individual anecdotes don't mean the majority of men don't have mostly male friends and that the probability for a guy who has exclusively female friends to be a wacko is high.

>tl;dr
OP your bf is right but you are too. It comes down to who is more important to you in your life and it seems you made that decision already. And since your friend is already more important to you than your bf, he's 100% right in his suspicion, I'm gonna take his side on this.
>>
>>17547247
>And since your friend is already more important to you than your bf, he's 100% right in his suspicion, I'm gonna take his side on this.
This. The fact that you made this thread goes to show that you value fuckboy over your BF.
>>
Stupid sloot
>>
>>17547086
>I don't see why this one
your bf has some reason to think you're attracted to him.
>>
>>17547191
1) Do you find any of them attractive physically?
2) If they were to come onto you, would you reject them? Keep in mind that you have to make no move, so you're ensured that you're not going to make her uncomfortable and you get to have sex with this attractive girl.

Would you really turn her down?
>>
>>17547305
>droping an old friend for a new dick
>>
>>17547337
>1) Do you find any of them attractive physically?
Some of them are objectively good looking.

>2) If they were to come onto you, would you reject them? Keep in mind that you have to make no move, so you're ensured that you're not going to make her uncomfortable and you get to have sex with this attractive girl.
I've turned some girls down before under these conditions.
>>
>>17547223
Male anon, in a relationship.

Don't give a fuck who my girlfriends male friends are, she doesn't give a fuck who my female friends.

I even have sexual history with some of my female friends, and she's had some romantic pasts with some of her male friends.

Neither of us give a fuck because who we've chosen to be with, is each other, and we bot acknowledge and trust each other to be responsible adults both with our own decisions and with our own sets of social circles and lives.

If you're not in a relationship with someone you can do at least attain some level of mutual trust with, you're probably living in some naive fantasy time-bomb that's doomed blow up in your face.

Relationships are a two way street.
>>
>>17547340
Is he her boyfriend or just a FWB? The whole point of a boyfriend is to develop a relationship. If it's just for the dick, why the FUCK would you tie yourself down and put yourself in OP's situation?
>>
>>17547191
you're just ghey
>>
>>17547212
>he just doesn't respect your autonomy

What does this mean? Respect her choice to have a fuckboy on the ready?
>>
>>17547360
New dick was probably just referring to their expression that a new boyfriend doesn't get to decide who you can and can't be friends with. Sure it's about developing a relationship but if a girl decided she didn't like one of your long-time best friends who happened to be a girl (and don't have a history with, though we don't have this confirmed from the OP), you'd probably pin her for being crazy. At least I would.
>>17547247
Ha, I have a severe deficiency because I have a girlfriend and have friends that are both men and women. Whatever you say.
>>
>>17547069
OP, I think that if your boyfriend hates ONE of your male friends in particular it is because said friend is trying to fuck you and you aren't seeing it.
My boyfriend isn't a jealous dude and every time he got jealous of one of my friends, it was because they tried to get in my pants and I didn't see it.
Trust him and distance yourself if you care about your boyfriend.
>>
>>17547387
>long-time best friends
Nowhere did OP said that though. They don't have any special relationship. It's purely a judgement of the guys character by the bf.
>>
straight women and men cant be friends, one of them has to be homosexual
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.