[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: help.jpg (108KB, 728x506px) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
108KB, 728x506px
I need advice chaps. How bad does this look?

Left image is fine at the moment, but my other cheek (right) is erratic and I just accidentally cut a chunk out.

> Barber trimmed left cheek during hair cut
> He didn't touch the right cheek
> Decide to trim right cheek at home
> Accidentally fuck up

It's a lot more noticeable in the flesh.

Should I start fresh, or try and salvage it? I've got a number of social events coming up and I don't want to look like a twat.
>>
Also, I feel it's not long or thick enough to warrant getting a professional to trim it.

I'm planning to buy one, but currently don't have a decent trimmer.
>>
>>17546547
What I always do with my beard although it's thicker than yours but Not as thick with people with curly beard hair have it. Mine is like your wispy and long and as straight as beard hair will ever be except full compared to yours.

I just pass a number 2 guard over my beard and mustache and then use a straight edge razor to line it up, mainly the sides (cheeks). Get a straight edge razor and just practice. I do mine myself and it saves me time and money and I've gotten pretty good at it although I've been doing it for like 6 months and only recently would I say I have it down confidently. Look at pictures online and look at your face. You are prob going to want to start with the side that looks more fucked up, less hair to set the height and shape since the other cheek would prob have more to work with. Don't do a hard line that goes along your chin. Your neck beard line should be like an inch or two under your chin going straight around. What I like to do is make a neck line that is parallel to the line of the upper cheek that I shaped so overall the bear is like a downward facing box shape for the most part. I accept bitcoin.
>>
>>17546547
also that guy did a really shitty job. The left pic could be brought down ever so slightly to get a more uniform line instead it's bump as fuck and dips in as you get towards the ear. The right yea it looks like nothing was done to it be even consider your "fuck up" it looks like you didn't do anything.

You have to remember literally anyone can and is a barber that charges 10-20 for a haircut. Honestly it seems like in white communities the quality is even shittier because they almost never have to do hard lines because that more of a minority thing I guess but it leaves them with less experience. If you ever decide to get a serious cut with some guaranteed to have gotten actual training other than youtube videos then expect to pay 40~.

Although at that point you should really have longer hair so you only come in for a cut like once a month at best. Look for a black or hispanic guy to cut your hair.
>>
>>17546547
I think just shave bro
that looks weird
>>
>>17546569
>>17546578

Thanks for the advice, I didn't consider an afro barbers, they're probably superior to my local one.

Gonna see what I can do with what I've got now, but I'll beard the advice in mind for the future.
>>
>>17546547
If you want my opinion, as a man with a marvelous and voluminous beard, I highly suggest you do the following.
>Shave your face with a normal razor. (Not an electric one.)
>Splash your face with cold water immediately after.
>In the coming weeks allow it to grow to about it's current length.
>Carefully trim it on your own, developing whatever method you think is best for maintaining facial balance.
>Repeat from step one, once it gets to about this length.

Genetics play a big part on what sort of facial hair you can grow, but if you trim it and let it grow like this, over and over, you may be able to coax out thicker facial hair. When I was about 21-22, my beard was thin and patchy. Now it's the envy of just about ever man I know.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.