[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

keeping my hobbies a secret/not having interesting hobbies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: kencosgrove.png (191KB, 388x334px) Image search: [Google]
kencosgrove.png
191KB, 388x334px
What's the deal with hobbies? I know the real reason to have hobbies is to do what YOU like and feel good about yourself. But it's clear that a person with cool hobbies can look interesting to others.

The thing is my main hobbies are writing stories and making indie games. I think of these two as really personal and I don't like sharing them with people I meet in real life. I know they say any hobby can look interesting if you talk about it passionately but the fact that I hide these makes me nervous when people ask me what do I do in my free time. Should I try to find other hobbies? Or just open up about my stuff or just explain that I like to keep it secret and personal?
>pic related if you watch Mad Men

How important is it to have interesting hobbies and be open about what you do in your free time?
Besides that I'm learning bass but that's it.
>>
>>17546500
Lifting and muay thai here.
Writing stories sounds cute, making games sounds impressive to me. This is where your heart and passion lies, why hide it and why not share it.
>>
bro the fact that you have a hobby period is cool 99% of people have netflix as their hobby. Don't be embarrassed of your hobby it is cool. You can tell people your hobby and you don't have to share what you write.
>>
>>17546500

I write too.
I don't hide the fact that I'm writing. I hide what I write. People I personally know and can critic my work are exceptions.
>>
What kind of stories op? Is it erotic literature?
>>
>>17546525
No haha. I've been writing some story with some occult themes, where some characters and the setting are somewhat inspired by people I know in real life. And another one about teenage drug dealers. I usually take forever to finish projects since I take breaks when I lose interest or get busy with something else, and then return to them.
As for videogames, I'm currently making a somewhat retro styled GTA clone that's pretty gory and violent (still in a old game cartoonish way) because I've wanted to make my own GTA when I was way younger.

I don't know what my friends' hobbies are. I know some used to take dancing classes, some play some instruments but that's all I know. Except for one that told us he's writing his own novel but didn't go into detail besides saying it's "trippy".

>>17546516
>>17546518
>>17546521
Thanks! That's good advice.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.