[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Advice from older anons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (105KB, 750x596px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 750x596px
I turn 21 on Monday.
I just quit my job of 5 years, don't go to uni, nothing's going well.
In the future I just want a decent paying job, that gives me some free time to do the things I want and have hobbies.
I want to go to uni but I don't know what I want to do, I got decent marks at high school but didn't try or do my assignments in year 12, so I don't even know if I'm smart or not.
I spend most of my time hanging with friends at the pub or watching Netflix.
What should I do /adv/? Life wasn't meant to be this shitty, I don't wanna continue going no where.
>>
It sounds like you need some time off. Get a job that's easy and save up money. Once you get enough, travel. Ideally to another country. Travel will do you good, plus you have no responsibilities so you can go for as long as you want.
>>
>>17545764
this is bullshit advice, traveling is a meme
>dont have money
>lel lets travel

OP you have to decide yourself what interests you and what money will that kinda job pay
stay away from alcohol
>>
Go to community college and see what they have to offer or try and go into a trade/union job.
>>
>>17545768
>don't have money
>save up money
>have money
>travel and have fun with that money to break yourself out of a rut
>>
>>17545748
I was in your situation. I joined the Coast Guard. Been to about 10+ different countries now. And when I get out, soon, free collage. Overall it was a good experience. Especially the traveling. It's a good jump start on life if you don't know what you want to do. Give you some time to think it over. Air force is good too I hear. Stay away from anything else.
>>
>>17545748
Maybe you shouldn't go to uni. The world will always need plumbers, electricians, auto repairmen, mailmen, bus drivers, truck drivers, barbers, cops, firemen, garbagemen, etc - all honorable and well-paying professions.
>>
>>17545782
and end up in square one were his life has went nowhere. genius plan retard.
>>
>>17545748
People quit jobs all the time, think of stuff you wanted to become when you were younger. Then pick one, then pursue it and don't stop no matter what.

^^^^^
Do that or join military.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.