[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My freind has lost her father by heart attack. What can I do for her?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (21KB, 279x420px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 279x420px
My freind has lost her father by heart attack. What can I do for her?
(I want to do something but I don't want to be meddling)

We are friends for more than 25years.
She lives in a town so far from my town.
We meet every year(during my summer vacation) and keep mailing or calling each other.

Her family members had already held a private funeral on Sunday and she called me yesterday.

I could only say she can call me anytime.(and extended my condolence)
What else can I do for her?

She are now raising 1year old childrens (twins).

Now I'm planning to send her some retort pouch food (with a card ) so that she can get out of cooking when she is sunk in grief.
(I know some restaurant made product which is delicious and expensive)

Do you think this is good for her?
Do you think it is meddling?
>>
Honestly it sounds like your a beta KEK. She sounds like she has a husband and I'm pretty sure it's not worth getting into her life. Why do you talk to this woman so much OP?
>>
>>17544311
The best thing you can do is to just let her know that you're thinking about her and are willing to help in any way that you can. Just don't pry it into it. Tell her that you're here to talk if she needs you.

But it seems that you already did that. You have a nice idea. Emotional people sometimes react harshly to "meddling", but I would personally feel very happy to get a present like that. Or anything at all.
>>
>>17544311
Send her a 'Get well soon' card.
With a heart shape.

Let the whore suffer, women deserve to suffer.
>>
>>17544319
Would you mind telling we what "OP" means? Overpowered?Bossy?
(I am a women too and we are both married)

I feel sorry to her because I can not be with her.
I wanted to do something else but I was afraid to bother her.
Thank you for your opinion.
>>
>>17544334
Thank you very much.
Your reply encouraged me a lot.

I you have an idea better than mine, I would be glad to hear.

I planned to send food just because it was hard to cook when I was depressed(and she have to cook for her family),but maybe it should be done in a casual manner.
>>
>>17544351
Thank you for your unique advice.
It is not adiquate in my country, but thankyou.
I have to tell you that she married her first boyfriend,and l believe that no one deserves to suffer.(even you don't)
>>
>>17544416
ANY kind of obligation seems overwhelming while grieving. After my best friend died, my boyfriend found me bawling on my floor because I "didn't want to do laundry". My apartment as a whole had become a complete mess and I just didn't care.

I took a Xanax and cried myself to sleep.

When I woke up, my laundry was done, the apartment cleaned and he'd ordered takeout. I was so thankful, I can't explain it, but it lifted this big weight from my shoulders. I think not having to cook for awhile might really be one less thing she is obligated to do. I know I'd appreciate it.
>>
>>17544446

Thank you for sharing your hard experience. l can imagine how glad you were, and how kind your boyfriend was.

Your epirsode reminds me of the word my grandmother told me.
"Act of love is to burden instead".

If I lived nearby her, I could wash dishes, clean rooms,and go to shopping instead of her, but I can not.
>>
>>17544393
He thought you were a guy, two and a half decades deep into a friendzone, that's desperate to comfort some girl.

OP = Original Poster.

There's not much more you can do. It's on her how, and for how long, she chooses to grieve her father. Don't push her to talk about it, but be there to listen to her when she wants to.
>>
>>17544565
Also, the food is a nice gesture. Even if she weren't to have need for it, I'm sure she'd appreciate the gesture.
>>
File: image.jpg (329KB, 960x1198px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
329KB, 960x1198px
>>17544565
Thank you very much. If he thought I am a man,it makes sense.
and I realy wondered what OP is...so,
thankyou.

You encouraged me a lottoo.
I decided to send these foods today.
Curry rice with bief(which her hus is fond of), humburg, and other foods for main dishes, and some additive free food for her childrens.

l will be very careful not to force her to talk anything she doesn't want to.
>>
>>17544666
you made me hungry.

You're a good friend, she's lucky to have you.
>>
File: image.jpg (166KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166KB, 1280x1280px
>>17544706
I'm glad to hear that!
If it succeeded to make you hungry,it means that it looks delicious!

She was always a good friend for me...I am happy to have a friend like her.

Thank you all.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.