[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a common dating complaint?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: iu[1].png (99KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
iu[1].png
99KB, 500x500px
I hadn't dated in ages, but a friend of mine set me up on one with a girl he knew. It seemed to go well enough, but she didn't want to take things any further. She said if she wanted a white guy, she'd get a real one.

I'm still slightly confused as to what she means. My friend and I are both black, but he'd be considered more true to some stereotypes, I suppose. I still don't know how I'm a fake white guy, though, as she seemed to imply, and I'm curious if I'm currently doing something wrong should I try to start finding other people to date.
>>
>>17544307
Maybe you're acting like a white guy? Sometimes being your true color is better than being something you assuming it's good for you. Maybe you doing it intentionally and even didn't recognize that. I kinda understand what she means. Like a high class guy dated a working class girl and would dump her if she started to act like a high class girl. Sometimes you can't be something you don't.
Be yourself.
>>
Is she ghetto and black?
I find that poor negresses feel challenged by a black man that doesnt speak like a nigger

>should I start finding other people to date
Yes
>>
>>17544307
As you go through life, you're going to find a lot of people who say really stupid things that make no sense.

This is one of those times.

>Stop acting like a white guy
What does that even mean? Do white people and black people have to act differently? It seems like there are some people in this world who think that black people that act rational and civilized are "trying to be white." Like it's some sort of betrayal or denial.
>>
>coon doesn't act like a total nigger
>sheboon rejects him because he's above the rest of the apes

Shecoon wanted some ghetto monkey I guess.
Doesn't matter, you'll both end up in jail or hanging from a tree anyway.
>>
>>17544361
I don't know what that means, though. I hardly keep up with the International Guide to Acting your Ethnicity, and I just like the things I like. I don't try to be anything.

>>17544362
Middle class.

>>17544372
I suppose I shouldn't get hung up on it.

>>17544375
Heya, /pol/. Has the octuple-eights get happened yet?
>>
>>17544419
Whute guy stereotypes:

Upper middle class, decent education
Skinny, not bulky/well toned
Boring, uninteresting way of talking, using upper middle - high class level of english
Low exertion hobbies: gaming, fishing, intellectual endeavours
Acne, pale /no tan

These are just off the top of my head, some may not be turn offs for a girl, some will. Take a guess as to which ones the girl u dated got turned off from
>>
>>17544445
Firmly middle class, and only from my family. I'm a minwageslave.

Decent education, but not finished with college and having a hard time trying to sell myself on going into debt to finish school.

I have been described as having a pretty monotone voice, and I do like fishing, even if I'm terrible at it. I'm almost all of those things you've listed, short of being pale, for obvious reasons. I have recently started getting in shape, though.
>>
>>17544445
>upper middle - high class level of english
You wot?
Pls post some examples, Im interested
I know theres American accent, didnt know there was such a thing as classism in American English
>>
>>17544503
I don't really think there is to the extent of there being upper and lower caste dialects. English isn't very strictly enforced, which results in people slowly just assimilating into speaking in the same manner as the company they keep. Ebonics, as some nebulous authoritative body has called it, is the sort of poor, slang-riddled English that is common among poorer blacks.
>>
>>17544307
She wanted you to act more black. To talk and act a certain way.

I had a similar thing happen last summer. Friend tried to set me up with another friend. She didn't like me because in her words I was an "Oreo", which is funny because I am actually mixed race but ignorant people think I am "black" all the time.

I've had other girls crush on me because I "look like Drake" or some shit. They get turned off when I don't act thuggish and speak "ghetto" or whatever.

It is annoying as hell and kind of sad. This is typical of dating in general though. People are attracted to your appearance and fill in the blanks based on said appearance.

Depending on the type of woman it might be for the best. If you act one way then that's who you are. Don't try to change to please silly women.
>>
>>17544528
Gotcha. Hopefully I meet someone I don't -- somewhat ironically -- disappoint with my "deceptive blackness" or something, haha.
>>
Man, fuck her. Find someone smarter than that. Can you imagine how quickly a black girl would dump me(a white dude) if I said she should act "whiter" for my benefit? I'd be pissed if I were in your shoes.
>>
>>17544737
I'm more confused than anything. I don't really go out with women too often and stick to either myself or a pretty small social circle. I haven't dated much because I haven't been comfortable enough with myself since my last relationship to really put myself on the market.
>>
>>17544526
It's more like proper use of grammar within any given regional dialect seems to indicate being slightly more well off.
>>
>>17544307
No, whatever you do dont feed into her bullshit. She sounds utterly ignorant. Get yourself a person who respects who you are and isnt ignorantly racist. Like ffs she doesn't even have enough self-awareness to realize how incredibly stupid that statement was.

This is the same as categorizing black people who "talk white" or "talk black". She has an incorrect stereotype of people from your race in her head, and isn't intelligent enough to know realize it.
>>
As a poor ass white boy, trust me when I say that she is pretty racist in this stereotyping. She is saying that you are black, so you should only want sex and not a real relationship. All she is good for is a hookup and ditch.
>>
>>17545532
Gotcha.

>>17545533
Which is odd, as hookup culture seems more universally prevalent.
>>
/thread
>>
It seems that a lot of blacks are racist, especially against other blacks. It's even worse for black girls who were raised in a middle/upper class environment. Other black girls will utterly despise them.
>>
>>17545720
I'll never understand that.
>>
>>17544307
>I am slightly confused to what she means
She simply isn't worthy of your attention. Don't make a big deal about it.
>>
File: Cover-tom2.jpg (38KB, 565x600px) Image search: [Google]
Cover-tom2.jpg
38KB, 565x600px
You will so long as you understand that you have to be the one to find women to date
>>
bro don't fuck with that bitch she sounds like a straight up hoe that only likes ghetto dudes that treat her like shit. If she doesn't like you for you don't fuck with her. Or
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.