[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Work/friendship problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

I don't have a ton of friends. I'm not too hideous or awkward, I just am really quiet and am always busy with full time school and work. However, I do have one special friend (I guess best friend, lol). She's friends with two girls I know who hate me.

why do they hate me??

>we met at work
>one, lets call her D is 30 years old and accused me of checking out this guy she's attracted to (he's my age, 20)
>she never had a problem with me until that happened, and that's because the second girl (my age, chubby, clearly insecure, lets call her J) told her that. She also told other women we work with that I'm checking out their guys, but none took her as serious as D.

I had a boyfriend at the time and I literally have no interest in any guys. And if they believed that I was checking them out (staring too long? I guess) they could have came to me because odds are I was spaced out. Instead they started rumors.

*con*
>>
They have been making my work life hell. They openly talk about "that ugly girl with the blonde hair" and "H is so flirty with me today!) (H being my ex boyfriend). Pretty fucking obvious considering how I am the only blonde and they specifically use my ex's name.

They act pretty fucking childish and giggle every time they see me.

My close friend knows all this. She has been there when they would openly talk shit about me, but she says to just ignore them. I know she's friends with them and I don't expect her to get involved and speak for me, but at the same time it makes me look like a fool.

I went to HR and my close friend found out because D and J were warned and they told her. She said it's gonna be really bad if they lose their jobs, and then gave me an attitude.

What did she expect me to do? Be their bitch??? I really don't wanna lose her as a friend because I really like her and she's like the only person I hang out with/talk to.

I can't quit this job. The pay is great, they give good hours, and I'm really appreciative that HR (who told me that D has caused issues before) moved so swiftly.

This whole situation depresses me because these women are making me feel like shit about myself (pointing out my flaws, insecurities, talking about my ex who I'm not quite over, etc) and the person who I consider my best friend is siding with them. I feel really bad, lol.

Should I just drop everyone and be by myself or take their shit and grow a thicker skin?
>>
>>17544253
>>17544259
Wow OP. That is FUCKED up. And that is NOT a best friend. Doing nothing is as bad as joining in.

Being alone is better than being treated like shit by someone you care about, that's not cool. You did the right thing by going to HR, these women sound pathetic. The whole "frenemies" thing doesn't have to be a reality. Keep your head up high, tell bestfriend how you feel, and cut her off if she still tries to make YOU feel like the bad guy.

If they cared so much about paying bills, they wouldn't act like unprofessional cunts at work. Too bad, so sad. I'm really sorry man... that sounds like torture.
>>
>>17544296
ahhh thanks lol. I think I'm just gonna slowly stop talking to her. I feel like it might create more tension but I dunno
>>
>>17544373
Reading this made my heart ache for you. I'd never let anyone treat one of my friends this way.

I'll admit, girls are hard to deal with. Especially groups of them. They all get to clucking and work themselves into a frenzy. I've had to be the voice of reason many times at my job. But, if you find a really good decent chick friend, it can be really great. This girl is NOT it.
>>
>>17544296
What this Anon said, those people are not friends.

>If they cared so much about paying bills, they wouldn't act like unprofessional cunts at work.
lol, this
>>
>>17544797
it honestly still blows my mind people this age will still act like this. You think I'd stop being surprised but every time I'm still baffled.
>>
>>17544929
If that blows your mind, you should see how men act at jobs where the majority of the employees are women. So much estrogen is flying around the men start acting like bitches as well. They are just as gossipy and catty as anything.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.