[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my girlfriend and I got into an argument because her parents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: 1312666851222.png (23KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1312666851222.png
23KB, 400x400px
my girlfriend and I got into an argument because her parents are rebuilding the house in a way that the basement becomes an apartment. Sounds cool right? the problem is, her parents have 3 dogs, I got a dog and my gf has a dog so it rounds up to 5 dogs in a separated home, my dog tends to bark really loud he is a schnauzer and they told me to avoid problems from neighbors complaining and resulting in me having to get rid of him (which I won't, ever) I should remove his vocal cords. I really didn't like this idea since it's my dog and I love him and don't want to lose his voice and the cute noises he can make so I calmly said I can't do that while speaking with my gf. As a stubborn headed-girl, she snapped and it resulted in 4hrs long of txting and her insulting me and telling me I am not willing to make a sacrifice for our future so we can live together (finding an apartment that allows dogs is nearly impossible) that her parents are doing this for the profit of both parties, that I am immature yada yada yada.
her mentality is to move out of parent's house when you're adult, she is 21 I am 20 and we both live in our parent's home. While I love the idea of living with my girlfriend after I finish school and get a good job I have this feeling that shit might turn out bad if anything ever happens between us and I don't want to get my dog voiceless if we happen to break up some day if it ever happens. She said she is willing to get her dog's vocal cords removed as well as a compromise but I just can't take it thinking my dog going voiceless and if shit ever happens... I don't want to feel cucked.
can anyone give me some light on how I should approach this? I really love her but I don't like it when she snaps for these types of discussions and is basically non-negotiable when I voice my opinion and think otherwise. She starts insulting me and pretty much black mailing me that she will leave me if I don't do this compromise. what do?
>>
If you're planning for your breakup just break it off now.
>>
>>17544055
I am not planning for a breakup at all, I don't like her blackmailing even if its not meaningful to her (women..) it is to me, and at a point It may as well get tiring and having her doing this now means it may happen later on and I will live as a whipped cuck. I really love her when she is not angry, everytime I express these feelings she takes it way to negatively and won't listen/think something else or retaliate.
It feels toxic, that is why I am cautious about this situation.
>>
>>17544049
Your dog unconditionally loves you, on a level that your girlfriend never will. Sure human love can be more intense but it is never unconditional unless it's between a parent and child.
Put your foot down, tell her you're not getting your dog's vocal chords removed and if she wants to leave you over it the door is right over there. Honestly I might break up with her anyway even if she conceded, because it's very likely she'd try it again and she doesn't sound like she can listen to reason very well.
>>
>>17544070
Right. So you're planning/anticipating a breakup. Do it now. I wasn't shitting on you when I made that post. I was advising you.

>having her doing this now means it may happen later on and I will live as a whipped cuck

To be fair she's willing to do it to her dog too. You gotta give her that.
>>
>>17544074
thanks a lot that meant a lot to me, it was basically confirming what I thought was right and what was wrong.
>>
>>17544049
Don't mute your dog, you will regret it.
>>
Wow. How the fuck could you even consider mutilating your dog over a girl? Are you some kind of child?

Neutering dogs is one thing, but removing their vocal cords so they don't have a voice? Is that a practice in America? I've never heard of it in the UK.

I'm genuinely struggling to string together words that would accurately portray just how fucking flabbergasted I am that you'd even consider doing such a thing. That dog fucking loves you man.

I'd drop any bitch that was willing to do that to her pet. What a selfish and vicious personality she must have. So many red flags but your blind to them all.
>>
>>17544121
after 2 and a half years I must be blind, but it didn't use to be this way, if it were me I would rather stay home and save up but I just love this girl a lot we are great together but these little things that happen always make me question if I should.
>>
>>17544104
I know I will 110% regret it. But I don't want to regret not being with my GF with this "opportunity" to move out of my house with tiring parents.
I am starting to think very negatively though, we were supposed to see each other today after school but she snapped through txt while I was in class an hour before it ended and I just decided to go home and take deep breaths, instead, that made her snap even more. Why are women so complicated?
>>
File: 1472932861069.jpg (69KB, 764x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472932861069.jpg
69KB, 764x720px
>>17544049

1. You're all fucking idiots for owning a bunch of animals you aren't capable of housing in an appropriate setting. Its obvious that neither of you are mature enough or financially secure enough to own dogs. Stop being selfish and give these dogs away to better homes instead of debarking the poor things for the sake of your idiocy.

2. Move the fuck out of your girlfriend's parents house. You're both acting like children. It was a terribly selfish mistake to bring a bunch of living creatures into your lives when its obvious you're barely even capable of taking care of yourselves. Get your own space and then none of this will be an issue.

3. Its time for both of you to grow up. If your girlfriend doesn't want to follow suit with you and instead wants to throw hissy fits whenever she doesn'tt get her way then leave her. You need to pull your head out of your ass and stop following the path of least resistance and start following the path that's best for everyone; you, your girlfriend, and all the helpless animals caught in the web of your drama.
>>
>>17544223
thanks for the input, we are not living together, this construction project consists of lifting the house, renovating the whole basement, enlarging the whole foundation and will most likely take 2 years (2 summers) to accomplish since winters last over 6 months here
>>
>>17544223
Pretty much this. The whole situation could have been avoided.

Hell, it still can be avoided.
>>
Women leave, a dog is forever loyal
>>
Why not just buy a goddamn shock collar?
>>
>>17544049
Omg!!! removing your dog'/ vocal cords? Was it her idea? Well this is sick! Really don't do that! It's a crime! It's your dog! That will always love you! Why you would do that to your loyal dog?
Btw, why are you going to live with her family in the same place? Have you think it well? Also, are you sure you want to live with her right now in that place? I mean, if you have now problems,about your sweet dog, without live together yet, imagine her behavior after living in HER house! I don't want to think your future arguments. Don't hurt your dog, don't make him have a freaky operation just for a girl,even if you really really loves you. If she really does,then she should love your dog too. I hope I helped. Looking forward for your opinion
>>
For the love of god don't remove your dogs vocal chords anon, I'm picturing your little schnauzers face right now and its breaking my heart. Tell your girlfriend that she can either leave your dog alone or fuck off.
>>
>>17544049
You should mute your gf instead
>>
File: 1432356940949.jpg (208KB, 1440x2392px) Image search: [Google]
1432356940949.jpg
208KB, 1440x2392px
>>17544241
To calm everyone down, I will NEVER cut his vocal cords and I made it clear which triggered her even more and as of now we stopped txting each other for a little while now I feel better having a peace of mind, but I will never let them get the best of me or my dog I don't care I never want to lose his voice
>>
>>17544332
What a lovely dog! Glad to hear that dude!
>>
>>17544371
It's gotten me heartbroken how she can be so ruthless
>>
>>17544376
Me too :(
A person who can't love a cute dog,can't love a person too. Sorry for that >>17544049
>>
>>17544379
the thing about muting the dogs because they bark a lot is to prevent neighbors to file a complaint and have someone drop by with a mandate and force us to get rid of the dogs.
but at the same time, their fucking parents have a shar pei that doesn't bark, a damn chihuahua that barks non stop and a muted yorkshire but I can't comprehend why would it matter muting my GF's dog or my dog if they can just adapt?
>>
>>17544427
Ignore them. Keep your dog,see what will happen with your gf and remember. When you live with someone you learn him better. If she asks you that now,imagine what she will ask later when you live together.
>>
>>17544448
thanks a lot for the advice. It's irritating me for a while now that she can't into negotiating or simply sitting down and discussing 50/50
she's amazing when she can be, but terrifying when she gets angry.
>>
>>17544049
>schnauzer
schnauzers are an ugly shit dog breed.

That being said, just move out. break up if need be, there's very little respect for you it seems.
>>
File: received_202839746728144.jpg (250KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
received_202839746728144.jpg
250KB, 1536x2048px
>>17544459
we aren't living together YET it's a PLAN that will unfold after 2 years and we're already arguing about our fucking dogs.

any dog can be a shit looking breed, I didn't want this dog. After owning 3 german shepherds and all of them dying of cancer I didn't want another burden like this until I came home one night and my parents bought a dog without my consent, I didn't like him because he wasn't a big wolf looking menacing dog. I hated my parents for doing that because they never take care of the dogs we've had it was always me. I didn't think much of it and let him be, until I had pity on him because he wasn't taken care of, I started filling his bowl of water and food, paid for his vaccines and neutering even if I didn't like the damn thing. Then I noticed he followed me around everywhere, he would lay in my room and sleep and simply chill with me. I started walking him outside when I felt like smoking a cig, it was pleasant and it became a routine. Unconsciously I became his owner/master. I fell in love and I've never loved a dog this much in my life.
pic related, him as a baby looking up to me
>>
>>17544049
If she can hurt her dog then you are not exempted. She will do something bad to you very soon, break with her now.
>>
>>17544049
>I should remove his vocal cords
Sorry, what? That's a pretty fucked up thing to do just to please the neighbours of your gf
>>
File: 1342205183189.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1342205183189.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
thanks for positive feedback /adv/ didn't think they was people sitting in front of their PCs right now reaching out to others
>>
>>17544619
Make sure to kill yourself on the way out and have a nice day
>>
>>17544049
Whatever you do don't do it to the dog. That's cruel and vile. Leave her if she spergs out over it.
>>
>>17544639
I will not mutilate my dog
>>
>>17544049
Your girlfriend sounds like a messed up bitch.

Seriously, though. You're fucked. And it's your fault.

You described her as an angry person with unreasonable expectations, who you cannot placate.

You then say "you are not planning for a break up at all."

Well, you probably should.

And here's a male-to-male tip I learned the hard way. Unreasonable, toxic bitches only learn the hard way. They will abuse their relationships to the wall. Put your fucking foot down. And if she does not respect your reasonable boundaries, kick her to the curb. Don't stay in shitty relationships like that. As a young man, it will fuck you up in the head.
>>
>>17544049
>She starts insulting me and pretty much black mailing me that she will leave me if I don't do this compromise. what do?

Let her go. That's what "non-negotiable" means.
>>
>>17544049
A man would do this:

"I'm not going to mutilate this animal for you. I've got two years to team him "quiet". We'll revisit at that time.

(Mic drop)
>>
>>17544868
>>17544852
I appreciate it. sort off feels like 2 and a half years went down the drain basically
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.