[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

to be yourself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1469653427009.jpg (225KB, 500x704px) Image search: [Google]
1469653427009.jpg
225KB, 500x704px
I cannot discuss these things with my friends or acquaintances yet since I'm ashamed of giving hints of not really knowing who I'm supposed to be to people who see me often.

I feel as if I'm mimicking other people personality traits too much, usually the first symptom is that I start to use their catchphrases uncounsciously, this is something I ignored but today I am at the question if there is a trace of my raw personality to go back to.

Sometimes I fear that I'll be acting like some fictional character (like the kids that run like anime characters), I'm 26 years old, I don't think that I'm helpless enough to no do something about it, I just want to know if someone else relates to it and what are his/her thoughts about it, are people really self-conscious about who they are all the time? I feel like I am and that it shouldn't be like that.
>>
OP your picture is fucking retarded

How is he going to reload his guns with one hand? How is he even going to aim them with that dumbass helmet on? You couldn't even shoot those guns with one hand anyway, much less reload them. Where are the magazines for the guns? Does he keep them under his autistic man-dress? I mean fuck shouldn't he have like a belt or something for the shotgun shells? This whole picture is dumb as shit, he has fucking modern guns, medieval armor and a fucking jetpack. It's like some shit a fucking twelve year old would come up with. How the fuck is his armor going to help him if they have FUCKING GUNS this shit is retarded goddamn. Good thing he has that tactical tard-skirt over his torso, otherwise he'd be fucked. This whole combination of shit makes no sense. Where the fuck does he put his guns when he's not fighting? It's not like he has straps or anything, he just has to carry them around like an autistic larper everywhere he goes. Does he really just awkwardly hold that shit while he does everything? How does he piss? Goddammit the guns have a fucking place to attach a strap why wouldn't you use it? He doesn't even look cool. Whys there a fucking staryu on top of his head? His armor doesn't even make sense anyway, it's for deflecting melee weapons but he has guns and CAN FUCKING FLY. Why the fuck does he need medieval armor? He can just fly away ffs how is anyone going to hit him with a sword?

Fuck your picture OP
>>
>>17543465
Let's start with the basics: who are you? What IS your personality?

Hell, might as well take a personality test to see what comes up:
>https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test
>>
>>17543614
> who are you?
That is a difficult question for me, I don't know how to answer it.

>What IS your personality?
I treat strangers and acquaintances with respect and civility. Friends and family get the same treatment but sometimes I dump too much of my train of thoughts on them that I feel as if I'm drowning them with words and feels, my way of thinking is straight forward but may seem chaotic from an outside perspective.
I like to make my folks laugh because I love to laugh with them, I feel that is a better connection to laugh together than just having the same interests and stuff like that.

I took the test and I got INTP. I took a couple of them years ago (don't know about their validity though) and got ISTP so maybe I'm not too far from that spectrum.
>>
>>17543792
You're a Follower.
>>
>>17543792
Well, there's your main problem: you don't know who you are. Maybe you copy others to escape that fact?

From personal experience, once you figure out who you yourself are as a person and are okay with it, you're pretty much golden.
>>
>>17543807
Follower of what or who?

>>17543818
Can you share your personal experience?

>>17543522
Also, this post is great.
>>
>>17543831
>Follower of what or who?
that's for you to decide.
>>
>>17543522

It's obviously a high tech knight so did you think that maybe his armor is made of some futuristic metal that deflects bullets and lasers and shit? Maybe he just likes the knight aesthetic. As for the weapons, maybe he ran out of ammo in his main gun and just picked up weapons from fallen enemies? Tldr that pic is rad and you should kill yourself
>>
I have the same problem as op. I don't know myself and I don't know what I should be.
>>
File: 1349449212997.png (933KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1349449212997.png
933KB, 1280x720px
>>17543831
>Can you share your personal experience?
Eh, sure.

I had an identity crisis in college (along with pretty much everyone, because all college kids are like that). I asked myself who the hell was I. I hung out with the finance/business kids a lot, and was interested in making money. Should I be like them and push to be greedy and overachieving? I also had plenty of geek friends who gathered to play tabletop games, most of whom were pursuing the general liberal art degrees. I also had the religious friends (generally philosophy majors, with the odd future priest), the frat-bro friends (mix of finance, business, consulting, etc), etc. I pretty much kept on moving around in these circles, trying to figure out which one did I freaking belong to, and by extension, what did I want to do with my life.

Eventually, sometime after a drunken night, I sorta just said "Fuck it, they're all my friends. I'll hang out with them when I feel like it and do what I really want in life (a curious mix of foreign affairs, writing, staffing, and news, I'm still not quite 100% sure)."

After that, I just sorta settled in and began acting like myself. I'm ambitious like my finance friends, but I'm not over-the-top socially darwinist like they are sometimes (nor as hard working, to be honest). I'm still a geek and routinely joke about comic book stuff, anime, and D&D shit with those friends, and though I'm not as much into it anymore, I have no problem admitting that I enjoy some of those things, even to others. I like to fuck around with the frat guys, drink (though not as much as they do), and be blatantly politically incorrect as possible with them because it pisses off some overly sensitive pinko who preens him/herself. It's fun. I even still somehow managed to keep the religious aspect (it might sound weird, but I make it work. Hell, I went a monastery tour this summer and slept at two (then waking up at 6am because ITS TIME FOR LITURGY).

(cont., character count limit)
>>
>>17543917
(cont.)

Point being: Figure out for yourself what it is you like, what traits do you have, what you want out of life, and just figure "might as well roll with it."

You also learn not to take yourself too seriously. Hell, personally, it's actually better to be self-depreciating and make fun of yourself in the company of others. You suddenly find small shit just doesn't faze you anymore and you can roll with things that would upset other people. I think I'm cheerier for it.

I digress; just figure out what feels right and go with it. If some of it makes some people upset, then too bad. You can't please everyone, and you don't need to. Just keep yourself and the people that do matter content.

That's the best I can give you.
>>
File: dvq8uUH.jpg (103KB, 906x813px) Image search: [Google]
dvq8uUH.jpg
103KB, 906x813px
>>17543917
>because all college kids are like that

You're the biggest faggot I have ever witnessed
>>
>>17543939
>Millennial young adults
>an entire generation that is/was constantly told that they can be whatever they want, as well as being told "be yourself"
>also pressured by parents and society to "go to college, get a degree, get a good job"
>suddenly put them in an environment that maximizes their freedom to do stuff without supervision, bombards them with new ideas, exposes them to different kinds of people they've never met

It's a recipe for culture shock and inevitable insecurity. Even the ones who seem okay tend to have issues underneath.
>>
File: scar.gif (504KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
scar.gif
504KB, 500x281px
>>17543963
My only issue is that I have to deal with you fucking ADHD children on a daily basis during group projects that don't know shit and laugh it off
>>
>>17543931
>>17543917

OP here, thank you, I'm not an english native speaker so I write very slow but I'd like to describe what I've been thinking about identity maybe it will explain my case better.

I'm kinda disgusted by the fact that I belong to a self-centered generation and by running away from it I fell into a dissociation of my own personality where I protect my real self by using others'. Maybe it's because my upbringing and childhood in general made me fear embarrassment and rejection too much that I don't want to expose myself entirely, truth is I've never put this to the test in the recent years, don't know how much I've grown but I think it's time to stop trying to get by life using other people words.

This thread gave me some new insight I guess, I thank everyone in this thread except the tripfag, good luck.
>>
>>17543522
Chaosfag detected
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.