[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gf's birthday gift advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

File: Snapchat-1426077378846424783.jpg (133KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1426077378846424783.jpg
133KB, 720x1280px
Sooo my gf of 6-8 months is having her birthday next week, so I obviously have to buy her a gift. Now I'm friends with her best friend, but I don't want to ask her cuz she's shit with holding secrets from her. Now so far I'm thinking of taking her out to TGI Fridays and end our date In a 4 star hotel in the city. Now what I need is a middle gift, she's in to make-up stuff, but she has shit tonn of it...so maybe not the best idea? What brands are really good? What do you girls wish for. Or what did u guys give Ur gf's as a gift?
And yes it's her thicc ass
>>
First off that isn't thick, just a flabby ass with a decent shape.

Regarding a gift? A 20-30 bracelet will do, ask the lady in front what girls usually like and make sure it is between that price point. Works for me and I hate going to jewelry shops.
>>
File: 145481930424.jpg (926KB, 3780x2832px) Image search: [Google]
145481930424.jpg
926KB, 3780x2832px
>middle gift
>>
Maybe a jewelry ?
>>
Or a perfume would be a great idea
>>
>>17542716

Buying make up is pretty impersonal really. Plus because it depends on so many variables (her coloring, preferences, what she happens to need) what you should get that you'll probably go wrong, no matter what you buy.
>>
File: 1473215097451.gif (3MB, 697x458px) Image search: [Google]
1473215097451.gif
3MB, 697x458px
>>17542716
>this
>thick
>>
That isn't thick...more like fat girl with big ass.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-07-17-37-32.png (963KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-07-17-37-32.png
963KB, 720x1280px
>>17542744
"Fat" lol. But idk what qualifies as thick. She got a nice round ass. Anyways the ass is not the point here
>>
>>17542732
Okey, then I won't buy makeup I guess, thx.
>>
File: 1468251142739.jpg (50KB, 572x718px) Image search: [Google]
1468251142739.jpg
50KB, 572x718px
>>17542767

You are kidding right? All chicks do that one leg up pose to show that they have ass.

In the picture in your first post she is bending forward and the pic is from a high angle shot.

Make her stand straight and let us see what we are dealing with, otherwise you got a chubby chick with a flabby ass.
>>
My girlfriend says Sephora is the best makeup. Expensive, but really good. Its her favorite.
>>
What brand of perfume is in for girls then?
>>
>>17542731
Some people can't stand perfume, and even if they like, they have preferences.

>>17542716
Does she not have hobbies/interests outside of makeup?
>>
>>17542780
I'll check that out, thanks. Ask her about perfume?
>>
>>17542785

That's just as bad as buying makeup, DESU.
>>
>>17542794
>hobbies/interests
Hmm, she loves to work out, we talk about fitness, mma and stuff.. other than that she's pretty basic. Just stays home and watches netflix most of the time.. I think. I really don't know.. I'm a shitty listener.
>>
>>17542794
Ah! She loves cooking, watching those make up videoes, checks out dresses online often... so maybe something to wear?
>>
>>17542821
>so maybe something to wear?
Again, you don't seem to know very much about her and what she likes/dislikes. Don't buy anything like that without knowing her tastes.
>>
Watch OP buy her makeup when she really wanted something else.

The whole conversation you been having about gifts reminds me of Stan from American Dad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65U0pEy28WQ
>>
Well this turned out to be way harder than what I expected. Maybe that's why she started planning my gift like two months before my birthday..
>>
>>17542881
That's generally how you should go about gift giving, especially if you need to order something online or a store isn't carrying what you're looking for. A week before is way too last-minute and shows that you don't care.
>>
>>17542716
>TGI Fridays
Isn't there somewhere better to go rather than a shitty, generic chain that microwaves most of their pre-packaged meals?
>>
>>17542881

Try to recall what you've done with her and spoken with her. There must be something in particular she's mentioned wanting or planning on buying. If nothing comes to mind, then get her something that reminds her of something you did together or where you went together to make it seem like it's well
thought out.

If all else fails, get her a gift card to her favorite store, but this should be your last resort.
>>
>tgi fridays

too casual and the food isn't amazing

>Hotel

for sex I presume? seems kinda crude

This whole day sounds like it is a going to be disappointing. Couldn't you think of a better gift that wasn't so casual and boring?
>>
>>17542898
McDonald's then maybe?
Oh god don't tell me that I have to plan somewhere else to eat too... wtf.
>>
>>17542901
>This whole day sounds like it is a going to be disappointing.
I'd internally cringe if I was his girlfriend.
>>
>>17542908

Well ya. I classy restuarant with good food is usually where people take their girlfriends on their birthday, not fucking tgi fridays. That is some place you go with your friends when you want cheap food.
>>
File: 1383017998331.png (10KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1383017998331.png
10KB, 429x410px
>>17542908
>McDonald's
>>
>>17542901
Ffs we've been together for like 8 months now. Had sex in a HC bathroom. A 4 star hotel should be better than 99% of the places we've had sex. Stop trying to scare ppl haha
>>
>>17542918

Its her fucking birthday guy....once a fucking year and you can't fork over some money to take her out some place decent?

>had sex in a bathroom

Wow so your girl is a slut, good to know.
>>
>>17542899
Good tip. I shall try.
>>
File: 1468381296347.jpg (34KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1468381296347.jpg
34KB, 640x480px
>>17542918

>Had sex in HC bathroom. A 4 star hotel should be better than 99% of the places we've had sex

Nvm tgis is perfect her. I thought this was a girl who had some grace. Nvm.
>>
>>17542716
Perfume and make up are lazy gifts unless she specifically wants that or you buy the expensive stuff.
Dinner is expected, don't work that into the gift.
Taking her to a hotel in a city isn't so much a gift for her as it is for you.

Basically, get her something personal (framed photo or something), something consumable (perfume/chocolates) and something practical (if she goes to the gym get her some new leggings or trainers).

You're in for an expensive birthday OP, I hope she is good in bed.
>>
>>17542918
That's fine on an average day, but generally, you try to make someone's birthday a special occasion. Something you wouldn't normally do. What the hell do you plan on doing at the hotel, aside from sex? That's tacky as shit, especially since the rest of your gifts are probably terrible.

>TGI Fridays
>No, OP, that's not a good place to go
>McDonald's?
God damn. That's bottom of the barrel shit right there.
>>
>>17542767
>leg up
>really arching lower back
she isn't skinny or fat, she doesn't have a round ass, maybe she does body weight squats and a few lunges, but she isn't thick nor does she have a noteworthy ass.
>>
>>17542775
Nah m8 that's a pretty good bum there.
>>
>>17542767
>the ass is not the point here
>made it the point by posting her ass
>male logic
>>
First of, she's turning 18 (1998). I turned 19 this year(1997). B4 u all call me pedo Legal age where I live is 16. What most guys do at my age here in Norway take them ouf 4 a meal that's it. I'm offering her something more than that, I'm buying her a gift. Taking her out to TGI Fridays by the pier where we had our first date, so I guess it's special? Idk. Then end the night at good hotel with a nice view. And no its not to have sex. But ofc we will.
>>
>>17542961
>Then end the night at good hotel with a nice view.
That's for you, not her. Don't kid yourself.
>>
You all talking like we're 30 year old who are married. Wtf... anyway thank to you all who have been on topic
>>
>>17542961
Is she high maintenance? If not, a relatively inexpensive piece of jewelry will be fine. Before I graduated college all I could afford to get my wife at the time was a 50 dollar necklace. She still wears it saying it's better then all of the other expensive pieces I've gotten her since.
>>
>>17542969
Since when was having awesome hotel sex just a plus for the guy? First thing my wife does when we get to a hotel is take of my pants. If the sex you are having with women seems laborious to them then your doing it wrong.
>>
>>17542975
I don't need to go to a hotel to have amazing sex. But going just for "the view"? Come on. He can use that money on something better and then have sex with her at home. The only time he should be spending money on a hotel like that is if he plans to take her out of country.
>>
>>17542971
dude i bought her a jewerly as a joke 2-3 months into our relationship it's heart shaped and says "daddy's girl" since she calls me daddy. it cost me like $1-2 and she wears it every day. she is not high maintence, she's a sweetheart. never does she ask for anything. and when i buy her something she really appreciates it.
>>
>>17542975
amen brother.
>>
>>17542961
>no its not to have sex. But ofc we will
lmao dat doublethink/rationalisation

She's gonna see right through you and you'll look extra retarded for not just trying to deceive her, but failing miserably at it.

Are there no other restaurants near the pier?

>Norway
>DESIGNATED SHITTING FJORDS

Why are Scandinavians so autistic?

>>17542975
>First thing my wife does when we get to a hotel is take of my pants
That's incidental/spontaneous, he's taking her to a hotel literally to fuck her then the next day they go home. Like that other guy said, if you're gonna take her to a hotel, take her to one in another country, or at least a different part of the country.
>>
>>17542981
dude, it's supposed to be romantic. im not doing it for the view... obviously, i'm doing it for romance. "the view" was to indicate that its romantic.
>>
>>17542998

What's romantic about this hotel? You say you're 18 and complain about spending money on her, so I know it's not anything special. I wouldn't want my guy to take me to a hotel just because of "lolromance." You're in a fucking box with a window and a TV, may as well just stay home and cuddle. What do you actually have planned?
>>
>>17542997
HAHAHAHHA u stupid asf, the hotel thing would suck if it was our 1st-5th date. we've known each other for months... ofc she knows that i want to have sex with her, she wants it just as much as i want it. lol have half of u guys even been in a relationship? because by the looks of these "advices" u all are giving me it doesnt seem that way. either that or you guys are shit in bed, and sex feels so unpleasurable 4 ur gf's that it's only you (the guy) who wants it. my girlfriend actually wants to have sex with me. wtf this is so surprising how dumb half of u are
>>
>>17543012
where did i complain about the money?
>>
>>17543031
In the same post where you said you were only 18 and tried explaining how gift giving where you are works. It may not be how you meant it, but that's how it came across. Still, address the actual question instead of getting hung up on this small detail. What makes this hotel stay romantic?
>>
>>17543026
Christ, I thought Norwegians were good at English.

I know girls like sex and you've been together long enough she knows you want sex. But going to a hotel for one night in your home country says "this is just for the sex". After TGI Fridays you might as well go to a fucking motel.

Why did you even make this thread if you're going to ignore all advice and be a defensive faggot?
>>
>>17543012
women like you make me appreciate my girlfriend even more. i feel bad for "your guy"
>>
>>17543043
Women like me? You mean a thrifty person that would rather spend private time at home doing something we like instead of being in a box with a bed and a TV, then calling that "romantic"? I genuinely feel sorry for your girlfriend.
>>
>>17543049
I think OP made this thread so he could show off his GF's ass.
>>
>>17543037
its in the city, she loves it there as she has stated many times before. it has a really nice view that i think she might enjoy. the rooms are pretty romantic, i know for a fact that she will enjoy her stay there. also its nothing she's done ever before. but i wasnt asking for tips on where to eat, and what to do for the rest of the day, i asked for a good gift to give her.

i dont know what standards u guys have where u guys live but where i live its a good birthday. and no i cant take her out of country, we have school.
>>
>>17543041
that is true i got defensive, sorry if insulted u
>>
>>17543064
>but i wasnt asking for tips on where to eat, and what to do for the rest of the day, i asked for a good gift to give her.
And we addressed that by stating that you need to actually put some thought into the gift and know her likes/dislikes. You can't even do that, which is going to make the hotel stay look bad on you.

>i dont know what standards u guys have where u guys live but where i live its a good birthday.
It's generally the same.
>>
Dont do it. Dont get sucked into the "gotta buy a gift for birthday/christmas/valentines/etc/etc" mentality.

Do something nice for her on her birthday, make it a day shell remember, and let her know you dont believe in giving gifts because "youre supposed to".

That diesnt mean you dont do gifts though. Buy her gifts for no reason, but make them meaningful. Like when she mentions "oh, that makeup looks good" when seeing an ad, buy her that makeup and surprise her with it. Or if she mentions her hair being unwieldy, get her a gift card to het hair salon. Shit like that.
>>
>>17543064
Where the fuck do you live that TGI Fridays is considered a good place to take a girl for her birthday?
>>
>>17543082
okay then, no hotel. i'll just take her back home. but still think fridays is good idea, its pretty high class at Aker Brygge. considering people take their girlfriends to cheaper places here. she's more of a "the thought behind the gift counts more than the actual gift" type of girl
>>
>>17543094
>Anonymous 09/07/16(Wed)19:18:04 No.17543092 ▶
norway:)
>>
>>17543092
i'm going thru such a rollercoaster right now.
>>
fuck this shit, im out. ill just ask her bestfriend for advice. thx
>>
>>17543108
>but still think fridays is good idea, its pretty high class at Aker Brygge
It's so weird how different countries view different restaurants. In the US, it's a low-tier restaurant barely a step above fast food. Only poor/trashy people seem to go there. "Take your wife to a nice restaurant, take your mistress to TGI Fridays."
>>
>>17543121
Nupe. Not in Norway, a lot of suits, rich kids etc there. Especially on may 17th. What are the prices there in the US?
>>
>>17543139
They can be expensive, depending on what you order. The issue is that the food really isn't all that good for what you pay, but the poor people that eat overly-processed foods think it's fantastic.
>>
>>17542716
You've already covered 'an experience', you could do better but that's the best kind of present, and you can't double up on that or it becomes too much.
Selfish presents are the second-best presents, give her something you want her to doll up with, or similarly something that is more in line with your tastes than with hers.
It's ok, it's not the main present, and it lets her experiment with something closer to what you like. Again, don't make it too much, whatever you get it should be something not too far out for her.
>>
>>17543060
Same. Sad that it's pretty sverage too. My gfs is waaaaaay better.
>inb4 pic
Our deal is she sends me whatever I want and I don't share.
>>
>>17543139
Lol Norwegians are fucked
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.