[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was born with a cleft lip. Long story short: I look terrible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: 1355519951064.gif (704KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1355519951064.gif
704KB, 200x200px
I was born with a cleft lip. Long story short: I look terrible (not exactly Quasimodo-tier, looking at the photos of some people with the same problem I'd say I'm better looking, but it's the usual thing where you sometimes get looks from other people on the street) and went through five surgeries clinging to the hope that they'll make me look like a normal human bean that's at least fuckable to some degree.

Now that it's become obvious that surgeries won't really help, I've gone to the point where I'm breaking down a bit and don't know what to do with myself at 21.

I could perfectly go on living my life, cut my losses and just accept that sex and then a normal relationship aren't things for me, but at the same time I don't like the fact that the default reaction of strangers is to treat me like a piece of shit. I'm also a bit of a perfectionist so any semblence of seriously getting into /fa/ or /fit/ or anything else that will improve me is just ruined by the prospect of still looking like a fuck up at the end of the road. Plus the entire thing is enough of an emotional baggage to the point where I can't even look at photos or movies of myself without breaking down into an autistic fit of rage. It's begun affecting my family negatively as well, and as a result of all of the above I have very little motivation to do anything.

I used to look down on being a pathetic fuckup that asks for advice or goes to therapy, especially on 4chan of all places, but with each day I find myself giving less of a shit. So I want the opinion of other people, what should I do at this point?
>>
Every girl in her right mind would fuck pic related in an instant. You will have to focus more on personality and sucess but definitely try to make the best of your appearance too. You'll be drowning in pussy
>>
I withdrew too. It was hard at first too accept, maybe it's different for you because you have a term to attribute your ugliness to, a demon that attached too you and ruined your appearance instead of identifying your very being as ugly, so maybe it'll be harder or easier for you to accept. But otherwise, you'll be fine.

You can be ugly and live exactly the same, the only difference is no gf. Fuck, women aren't the cruelhearted bitches that faggots on /r9k/ make them out to be. If you take pussy out of the equation, they're just like dudes. There are shallow women, sure, but most will behave like any other person, you just won't get mad when they don't give you the puss because you didn't ask for it in the first place. You can have friends, and hobbies, and all of that. It's gonna be fine OP.
>>
File: 1472658576483.png (461KB, 565x486px) Image search: [Google]
1472658576483.png
461KB, 565x486px
>>17542380
My problem lies in the fact that no matter how hard I try I will still, at the very core, be unhappy with how I look and how random people treat me.

Anyone can try hard enough and get laid, I've had opportunities to fuck ugly girls too (with varying degrees of ugliness) and a good looking one might happen down the road, that's beside the point. Not having sex is just one side of it, too.

>>17542382
>because you have a term to attribute your ugliness to, a demon that attached too you and ruined your appearance instead of identifying your very being as ugly
You nailed it, anon. So far I'm healthy, at 5'11 with a relatively good posture, so it's doubly frustrating because I don't believe I'm genetically fucked and shouldn't procreate. If it wasn't for the cleft lip thing I'd be perfectly fine on that front.

>Fuck, women aren't the cruelhearted bitches that faggots on /r9k/ make them out to be.
Definitely, but that's obvious to anyone who actually goes outside and interacts with people. In my experience, I can make women laugh easily if I try, I have friends and so on, but it all seems so fucking empty anyway. And it's all connected to someone always looking down on me, on top of whatever else I'm forgetting. It drives me insane sometimes.
>>
>>17542400
>>17542368
What have the doctors said? It shouldn't be impossible for a good plastic surgeon to make you look at least reasonable (ie enough so people don't recoil in disgust), as long as you can afford it of course.

>how random people treat me
Doesn't matter, they're random people, they can get fucked
If they don't like your mouth, they can kiss your ass instead
>>
>>17542400
That's probably gonna make it harder too accept but if you think that way, you might not even find it worth it to give up. Sure I could keep looking for a girl who date me and I don't believe I'd never find one, but after all that effort, I just don't even want it enough to care.

If you want it, I'm sure you can get it eventually but you'll have to face disappoint and it'll surely be a painful road. You have to really think here and ask yourself "why do I even want a gf?"
>>
>>17542409
>What have the doctors said?
That I have one surgery remaining and that I'll look like a normal person afterwards, but I'm taking this with a grain of salt. The surgeries were an improvement but not enough of one to make me look fuckable, unfortunately. The family says I look good but they're biased as fuck.
>It shouldn't be impossible for a good plastic surgeon to make you look at least reasonable (ie enough so people don't recoil in disgust), as long as you can afford it of course.
What I thought as well, but it's not enough. It doesn't cost anything due to not being done privately.

>>17542411
>You have to really think here and ask yourself "why do I even want a gf?"
Sex, feelings of being important to a female, someone to connect with. The basic stuff. At this point I don't really care much for a girlfriend and just want sex, but that's how everyone is and eventually moves on to other things.
>>
>>17542419
if you still have one left, don't write yourself off till they finish it
and free is nice, that's one comfort at least
good luck with it

as for the sex part, there's always whores, especially if they're legal in your country
>>
>>17542368
Some people - Joaquin Phoenix, Stacy Keach, etc - made the small scar remaining part of their image, to great sexy effect. Wait until the last surgery is done and then try to see what remains as 'a mysterious sexy touch' rather than a handicap.

The way you wear it will determine how other people respond to it.
>>
>>17542431
>as for the sex part, there's always whores, especially if they're legal in your country
Feels pathetic to do this solely to lose the v-card. I'd sooner fuck a 4 out 10 girl than pay for a hooker, not that presently I'm of a mindset where I'm willing to do either.

>don't write yourself off till they finish it
I'm skeptical but fine, I can wait. Thanks anon.

>>17542444
Don't know about Keach but Phoenix had a unilateral cleft lip (even though he denies it, so fuck if anyone knows) which makes him look infinitely better than my bilateral one. Unilateral ones are treatable to a really good degree, especially today.
>The way you wear it will determine how other people respond to it.
Confidence can only take you so far.
>>
Would you like to post us a photo of your lips so we can give you a full advice?
>>
>>17542522
Haha, not gonna happen, anon. Not crazy enough to post a picture of myself online, and especially not on 4chan.
>>
>>17542532
Not the whole face,just the lip
>>
>>17542541
Not comfortable enough to do that, sorry. It's similar to some better looking people you'd get if you typed bilateral cleft lip into google images, just slightly better. I realize that doesn't describe it well.
>>
>>17542541
Yeah, just post pic of the lip?
>>
>>17542560
Ok, I googled. Meh, whatever. Not that bad.

I know this seems impossible to believe right now, but there are people out there who believe that physical appearance is secondary to intellect. There are also people who, like me, would look at that and go, "meh, whatever" (it's really not that bad).

I'm old (32) and married now, but back in my day, physical appearance only got a guy so far.

I dated a professional hockey player, two professional cricketers, a blind computer programmer and a systems architect with a congenital limb deformity before settling down with a research scientist.

I'm not fat, I'm not ugly, I'm well educated and reasonably intelligent (or at least I'd like to think so!).

I'm waffling a bit, but my point is that you can score an attractive woman even with a cleft lip. It's really not the big deal you have made it out to be.
>>
>>17542600

Just because you are Mother Theresa doesn't mean most women are. Most women would steer clear from this guy and go for guys who don't have a deformity. Sounds harsh but it is the truth.
>>
>>17542600
OP here, this is >>17542611 what I think as well, in a nutshell. Obviously there are exceptions to the rule, but the sheer fact that I'm shot down before I even approach and treated like shit is humiliating and frankly infuriating.

Surgery seems like the best option, but as I said, the chance that I'll look acceptable at the very end is low.
>>
>>17542611
Not Mother Theresa, actually very shallow in many ways (for instance, I refused to date people who couldn't differentiate between their/there/they're or you're/your). We all have our peculiarities. Mine wasn't looks, it was good grammar. English is my third language so I didn't want to date someone who would make my English worse.

>>17542617
Have you tried meeting women online? Not tinder, but something like Plentyoffish or OkCupid? Go into it with confidence, not, "yeah, so I have this facial deformity and I'm a circus freak please someone, anyone, bang me I'm desperate" but rather, "yeah, so this is me, these are my interests and I'm looking for something casual for now, but am open to a LTR" and then see how it goes?

Don't hide the lip thing, don't photoshop or whatever, but use pics that minimise the effect, like from a distance or whatever. ALSO, wear a dress shirt or suit in your pics. I always help my friends with their dating profiles and I promise you, women love that.
>>
Why don't you grow a moustache?
>>
>>17542368
Have you considered going out with a bang?
Taking the people that shun you away from society with you?

Think about it. Think about it long and hard.
What's there to lose? Your life won't be nearly as happy as theirs, only because THEY made up these impossibly perfect beauty standards.
So fuck them I say! If you decide to give up on life some day, make sure you fuck them up real good!
>>
>>17542638
>Have you tried meeting women online? Not tinder, but something like Plentyoffish or OkCupid?
I look down on that sort of thing. I will never be happy with myself if I can't score someone from my own circle or just by going outside and meeting new people, what the hell is the point of putting in all that effort just to maintain a very elaborate charade online? C'mon.

>>17542648
A moustache wouldn't really hide it, and I can't grow one either way.

>>17542652
>t. elliot rodgers
I can see why some people do this shit, but in the end it doesn't accomplish much past fucking up your family's life. And it's not like I want to off myself, not yet at least.
>>
>>17542661
There's literally nothing wrong with what Elliot Rodgers did if you look at it from another perspective.
He used the last spark of life he had left to hurt the people he felt had hurt him the most.
Which is ironic if you think about it, because if those people hadn't hurt him he wouldn't have given up on life in the first place.
>>
>>17542669
He's a pathetic failure for offing himself (or being turned into a vegetable, doesn't matter) in the first place, anon. All of that shit about him killing a few people insignificant to him is completely and utterly irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.
>>
File: 6972991.jpg (47KB, 599x600px) Image search: [Google]
6972991.jpg
47KB, 599x600px
>>17542661

>And it's not like I want to off myself, not yet at least.
Well when you are sure, come back to this post.

If you're absolutely sure, make sure to go out with a bang.

You need to carefully plan it. Check your local area for good targets, colleges, unis, malls. Malls tend to have a bit better security and more places for the normies to hide.

You need to map out the area and then make a plan to maximise casualties.

Don't use an AR-15 or other AR variant.

Make sure you have a good plan for the end. Just getting shot by the cops does not cut it, you need to cause as much damage as possible, an explosion would be perfect. Remember the goal is pain and misery to the people who are living normal lives, so you really want them to suffer.

You can easily acquire body armor as well, it will come in handy, especially if your target is a mall.

Good hunting brother, I'll be looking forward to your high score on the news. I'll be joining you soon as well.
>>
File: 1471992131237.gif (3MB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
1471992131237.gif
3MB, 480x320px
>>17542681
>getting trolled into suicide by an /adv/ pasta
Try harder anon.
>>
>>17542681
>tfw one of your posts becomes pasta

Seen it pasta'd 3 times already, it's a good feeling, but I was absolutely serious when I wrote it.
>>
>>17542681
>>17542698

Fuck. What has this thread turned into. Fucking fruit baskets.
>>
>>17542703
Is this the usual level of /adv/ threads? I don't often come here.
>>
>>17542707

No usually people give out advice and there is the occasional namefag who pops up. Thread took a major turn for the rest with that shitty pasta and the fag who made it.
>>
>>17542710
It's all right anon, shit happens. I guess I'll just have to deal with my problems myself instead of letting strangers do it, like always.
>>
>>17542707
>>17542710
>>17542719

You might not like my advice
>>17542652
but I'm legitimately telling you what I believe.
>>
>>17542600
While this is entirely true, something that's extremely important nonetheless in a relationship is confidence, and OP clearly has way too little of it for our words to reach him.
>>
Just find a good doctor in order to do the best work he can do
>>
>>17542368
Your mindset is your worse enemy. Instead of ruminating your state of existence: strive and adapt. There is nothing more repulsive than someone who pity himself about things he cannot control.

I don't believe people think you are a piece of shit. Look at Steven Hawking: all the respect he has, he earned it. He has ALS and no one make fun of him.

It reminds me of my fat friend who would get many girls because he could talk to them so well, I'm talking about 6-9 girls.

There are so many things out there... You're probably missing a lot of it ruminating....
>>
File: images-15.jpg (26KB, 343x429px) Image search: [Google]
images-15.jpg
26KB, 343x429px
>>17542804
>>
>>17542804
>fat friend who could get girls

Calling BS, fat people are literally unfuckable unless they are rich.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.