/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boyfriend wont shower

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: latest[1].png (335KB, 642x479px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
335KB, 642x479px
>been living with boyfriend for 3 years
>occasionally he'll just stop showering

>shitty point in our relationship, I got on his ass for being lazy
>he got on my ass for not cleaning much
>refused to bathe at all unless I washed his ass myself

>make it very clear to him that if he doesn't take care of himself I'll leave him
>start cleaning more, he starts showering regularly

>his friend died
>he avoided being by himself since he didn't want to be left alone with his thoughts
>didn't shower for 3 months
>any time I brought it up he called me an insensitive asshole since his friend died

>moved to a apt with a tiny little bath and shower
>says he hates the shower
>refuses to get in it
>tell him I know he likes it when i do hardcore cleaning so offer to clean for 30 minutes+ every time he gets in the shower
>hasn't showered for about a month in a half now, despite that offer

and on top of that, he only owns one outfit. and doesn't brush his own hair. so occasionally it dreads and I'm left to take care of it.

outside of the obvious "dump him" is there anything I can do? I want to make it work, so I'm willing to try pretty much anything, and if it doesn't, I'm out. I don't want to do this shit for the rest of my life.
>>
>>17541843
he literally doesnt give a shit, even if he has lots on his ass.
>>
File: 1470631223833.png (58KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1470631223833.png
58KB, 200x200px
>>17541843
>didn't shower for 3 months

What the fucking fuck? Do you honestly want to spend your life with a man who refuses to wash himself for months at a time? If so you're just as filthy as your degenerate sack of shit that is your sorry excuse of a boyfriend.

Run girl, run.
>>
File: 1444731033905.jpg (70KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1444731033905.jpg
70KB, 1024x768px
>>17541843
>>didn't shower for 3 months
are you two hobos before this ?
>>
Does he have a job? How does he go to his job unwashed?
>>
>>17541843
the first 3 year must have been amazing because no girl I've known would put up with this shit. I know plenty of pot heads and dead beats that shower somewhat regularly.

It sounds like a part of him wants you to push away so he doesn't so he doesn't have to pull the trigger himself.
>>
>>17541843
Why do people think their significant other will change? Why can't stupid people realize that at any point where their partner crosses a line, that they won't continue to get worst? People push boundaries.

Why must they think it will improve? It will never improve.
>>
Reminder that even a fat greasy lazy slob NEET like OP's bf can get a gf. If you are a kissless virgin you literally have no excuse.
>>
>>17541898
but i shower every day and no gf
>>
>>17541933
You're doing something wrong. Or not doing it right. When is the last time you asked a girl out?
>>
>reminded him that him choosing not to shower would make me end the relationship
>he showered
>didn't wash his hair
>asked me to
eh...

>>17541861
works from home.
>>
>>17541843
Jesus christ... life for a girl is easy mode and this is seriously the best you can get? You must be fat and terrible with makeup, because even fat chicks can get guys better than this.

You staying with him is only enabling him. Mother fucker needs to be punished for this.
>>
Your bf has some serious mental problems. If you're unhygienic to the point of not showering for over a fucking month, there is something completely wrong with you. It could be anything from deep depression to schizophrenia.

Does he have a job? Friends? Does he go out unwashed and filthy among other people on a daily basis?
>>
>>17541843
Either give him an ultimatum or bail.
Can't even imagine being with someone whos that active to being unclean for months.
>>
I went through a depression spell and didn't shower for half a year (I mean, I washed my hands and stuff but I just didn't care enough to get out of my clothes and stand for five minutes)

OP, break it off because he doesn't need a relationship. I'm surprised he even cares enough to argue with you, I know I sure as shit wouldn't put up with you or anyone else
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 401x410px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 401x410px
>>17541933
I've got one word for you "BETA".
>>
>>17542291
>went through a depression spell and didn't shower for half a year

i dont understand. did you literally not leave your house with in this time? and if so, how did you pay for bills and shit?
>>
>>17541843
Are you fucking stupid? Leave this loser. If you have a vagina then you can literally to go the grocery store and pick up a new boyfriend.
>>
>>17542302
I left the house to get groceries and tried to keep lifting but just had no energy at the gym and left halfway through my sets and eventually just stopped going either places, bought shitloads of 20 lbs bags of rice

Bills stacked up, they cut shit off. I went to my psychiatrist to ask to ween off my meds because they weren't helping and the side effects were only contributing to my depression, and during that visit I ended up getting a 72 hour involuntary stay in the emergency room on suicide watch (I wasn't at risk and the overseer said as much and said "well, better safe than sorry" as he handed me a $3500 bill, kek) but after that, my parents came and made me move back on with them and I had no more bills at least

It passed after but during that crucible I came to understand a lot of things, and can certainly see how little one can care about hygiene. Its something OPs bf has to work through on his own, and during this time, he doesn't really need a girlfriend
>>
at this point i come here just to laugh at shit like this, i'm rarely disappointed

if you want actual advice: it's hard to change people. All you can do is try to tolerate them as long as you can and hope they change. When you can't take it anymore, you leave.
Then sometimes they realize how badly they fucked up and actually change, and after that sometimes you can get back together. Otherwise you continue on your own paths.
good luck anyway, OP. Loyalty is rare, especially in women.
>>
File: boards.4chan.org 1473216370932.png (73KB, 454x453px) Image search: [Google]
boards.4chan.org 1473216370932.png
73KB, 454x453px
What the fuck? This is not a "my boyfriend doesn't respect me", or a "how do I encourage him" sort of thing.

This is a "my boyfriend doesn't do one of the most basic necessities involved in being someone over the age of 7". He expects you to wash him? Are you fucking kidding me?

Honestly this is why I come here now, to read some crazy shit, like that guy who let his girlfriend jerk other dudes off onto food that he had to eat.

I'm not judging you, OP, because you know that this is wrong. That being said, I would never, ever, ever even entertain the idea of dating someone who told me they didn't shower more than twice a week at least.
>>
As for what jobs he has, our jobs are tied together

I'm a model and he sets up gigs for me, so we are very financially reliant on eachother, he does do a great job I have to admit.
Its pretty hard to get someone genuine at this point.
but I do accept I have emotional baggage.
part of me wonders if I can do better. I've had handsome guys and guys with money fawn over me and it honestly doesn't mean because, one, I'm in love with my boyfriend, and two, those things mean nothing when you don't have a nice personality.
>>
>>17542521
Model or "model'? No judgement.

Honestly, it's easy enough to get a new booker. Threaten him with that if you must.

Mean it though, because I honestly don't see a future for you with this person.
>>
>>17542521
I really like how honorful you are. Thats not a very common sight in /adv/ where people usually don't believe in change and dump each other for very small shit. I don't really know how to overcome your challenge but just wanted say I respect your judgement. Best of luck buddy.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.