[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm gonna get a Tinder tomorrow. Tips?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1459208275239.jpg (23KB, 222x265px) Image search: [Google]
1459208275239.jpg
23KB, 222x265px
I'm gonna get a Tinder tomorrow. Tips?
>>
make sure the sparks hit it consistently to start a fire
>>
Swipe right generously.

You're gonna get rejected a lot. Get used to that. That's what tinder is about.

Focus on having fun, having a bit of banter, getting used to chatting to randoms.

I've used it for years, had some great experiences, had a couple of shockers. (make sure you meet them in public first, haha).

It's like this for me:

>swipe right to 100
>match with maybe 30
>message 20
>maybe 10-15 reply
>decent conversation with 5
>meet up for coffee with 1-3
>have a good chat and see how it goes

It's all about the numbers with Tinder (and dating in general). Don't get disheartened. Chicks on there are easy come easy go, so don't get attached.

Unless you're really lucky and meet someone special and it lasts more than a few dates.

And don't put them on a pedestal.

Have fun!
>>
>>17541729
Thanks for the advice. I've probably been a bit too optimistic about it so it's nice to have someone take me down in a positive way.

I've never been particularly good at making first moves unless I'm talking with a group of people. What should the first message be like?

Also I work at Starbucks and get to know a lot of the people in this town. What do I do about people I know?
>>
>>17541777
If you've already met them, I think it only helps. You already know what topics you can talk about or at least you have a silly icebreaker like "Well, wanna go get coffee?" or "nice meeting you outside the store" or something like that.

I can imagine it would feel weird, definitely, on the other hand having at least seen eachother in person before and having had the chance to check your vibes should turn out only positively for you.
>>
>>17541777
Wasn't taking you down at all, mate. Everyone gets rejected. It's about accepting it, maybe even think "ah well, their loss."

As for first messages, don't be afraid to put a bit of yourself in there.

I avoid generic pickup lines.

I have a massive, goofy and often inappropriate sense of humor but it's not for everyone and it has made people unmatch with me. Better they do so early and save us both some time, right?

So I make shitty puns based on something in their bio, or maybe a related back handed compliment.

Gushing how cute they are is boring.

But these tips are for weeding out the girls *I* am uninterested in. You will have different tastes.

So yeah, be yourself.
>>
>>17541729
Is Tinder better or worse than OKCupid was? Because my experience with that was
>message over 100
>zero reply
>>
>>17542009
about the same, but faster. If you don't look like a faggot you will get some dates. post a picture of yourself you plan to use
>>
>>17541714
Waste time if you aren't a 7/10 at least.
Swipe everything right no matter what.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.