[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To study or not to study

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (37KB, 529x446px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 529x446px
I need your help Pleeease no bully
im studying a course to go to uni next year, but I need to earn money. Should I forget about the course I'm studying (it's to gain Uni entrance) but now that I am 20 I can apply and get entrance without needing it, and work a job instead of studying? Currently only studying 12hr per week but all the jobs interfere with the class time.
Again pls no bully
Tl;dr need to work but am studying, leave study?
>>
Where do you live? What's the course?
>>
>>17541546
A course to gain uni entrance.
I chose to do it so I'm prepared for uni study, people 20 or over can get uni entrance, so would i be able to do well in uni after a 2 year break since high school?
>>
>>17541562
I suspect you live in NZ, would I be correct?

And what are you thinking of studying? Depending on that, you might be better off sticking with the preparatory course.
>>
>>17541567
NZ is correct. I was thinking of doing either accounting or finance but my prep course cancelled the math class entirely because not enough students enrolled into it. So I realise if I choose that id have a setback either way
>>
>>17541577
Thought it was NZ. I'd suggest doing some sort of prep class, especially if you didn't take those subjects in high school. Which uni are you thinking of going to? I can't imagine one of the bigger ones cancelling a prep course just like that
>>
Yeah I'm not in any of the big cities or anything, but I'm considering moving to on of them next year (mostly Auckland, even tho the cost of living is highest there) I'm just more worried about the end of this year, really hard to find any small work that's enough for me, so the next thing is just working instead of focusing on prep
>>
>>17541625
I would avoid Auckland if you can study the major elsewhere because fuck Auckland, but that's just me.

If you're planning on getting a job, I hope you don't plan to use it as work history though. It's already September, working somewhere for mere months doesn't look good as work history. You might get some leeway if you're leaving because of uni, but it's best to avoid it anyway. Plus people are highly unlikely to hire you if they know you're going to be leaving soon.
>>
>>17541637
Is there anything particular that I should avoid Auckland for?

I'm not too worried about work experience, just need to get a little more money behind me, even if we are in September already
>>
>>17541653
>Is there anything particular that I should avoid Auckland for?
Mostly living expenses and traffic. There are other areas in the country that are cheaper and easier to get around in. Whereabouts do you live atm?

If you're not worried about work experience, then just apply to places then. I'm curious though: what have you been doing for the past two years?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.