[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Folks not texting back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1472721481004.jpg (123KB, 700x711px) Image search: [Google]
1472721481004.jpg
123KB, 700x711px
So, I have been talking to this girl lately. We agreed to meet up soon once we both knew our schedules. I told her I'd text her "Monday or Tuesday". Texted her today and got no response. I get that she could be busy (which happens) but I'm still depressed about it.

So two things: do you think she is uninterested in talking to me or that she is just busy or forgot or whatever?

And second thing: how do I not get obsessed about this sort of thing?
>>
>>17541194
>or that she is just busy or forgot or whatever?
There's is no such thing as being too busy. Girls check their phone regularly, and nobody is too busy to reply to a text within a couple of hours

Just wait it out until she texts you, if she does

>forgot
If she forgot, she does not like you or is not interested

>how do I not obsess
Get out of your room. Talk to other people. Work out. Get a hobby, {insert more standard advice here}
>>
>>17541273
>Get out of your room. Talk to other people. Work out. Get a hobby, {insert more standard advice here}
Problem is that I do all that. It doesn't work. My brain keeps going back to the conversation. I'd like it if she'd just tell me that she didn't want to have any further interaction with me cause I can get over that, because it's the not knowing that kills me.
>>
File: 1472600168603.jpg (29KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1472600168603.jpg
29KB, 400x400px
>>17541380
Her not telling you is all you need to know though. Secondly, how can you do "all that" when you just texted her today?

If you're trying to meet up w/ a girl and she never replies or makes contact with you anyways, then it's basically saying "I don't want to see you"

But it's only been about a day, prob less. Why are you so scared?
>>
>>17541394
Be sure that I'm just out of a pretty long term relationship and been super lonely. And when I say I did all that I meant id gotten out, did some shit, worked out, and some time working in my yard. But my brain couldn't give a shit about any of that.
>>
File: 1473067759177.png (208KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1473067759177.png
208KB, 480x480px
>>17541475
>But my brain couldn't give a shit about any of that.

There's nothing to worry about. At all. Think about it:

>she texts you back and wants to meet up
Great! Now you can be with her and get things going. She prob likes you

>she does not text back, ever
She's not interested. Now you can stop wasting your time and move on to another girl instead of trying to get w/ one who does not like you

It's a win-win. It's also something you cannot control. You can't force her to like you, and not every girl you try to get with will. Who cares? The sooner accept that basic fact, you will be happier. It's her loss. Move on, focus on improving yourself- that way, you won't get rejected as much.

And she might text you tomorrow. Or if she doesn't get back to you, she might text you in a week or two if she hasn't heard from you. You're over-reacting. And if she makes contact again, just cut your ties. Simple. The time you spend thinking about this is wasted time

This question gets asked daily here, and this is the only right answer.

And won't you see her in person, or is this an online thing?
>>
>>17541512
>And won't you see her in person, or is this an online thing?
We were planning on meeting up in the next week or so.
>>
>>17541512

Pretty much what this guy said.

Stressing out over a woman not texting you back is just wasting your time.

There could be a million and one reasons why she didn't get back to you. If she thinks you're still important she'll text you and let you know, maybe her cat died or she got suckered into a camping trip with no wifi...or the most common one, she just changed her mind and doesn't think you're worth her time. Big woop, you dust yourself off and move on.

You gotta stop being so attached to women so easily.
>>
I think I've made a decision. Just gonna call her after coming up with a good reason why I needed to talk to her sooner rather (something like "hey I have y event coming up, thought you might be interested?" or something similar) and gauge her reaction. Cause if her voice says no I can move on.
>>
Maybe have more than one girl in your circle, you are using text, so add like 5 girls that you like, you can get more opportunities but also you won't be giving or tempted to invest too much too soon.

I know how you feel, but trying to gauge a response is not going to get things better, I know is hard to accept she isn't interested (which is not necessarily the case here) but is something you need to learn.
>>
>>17541811
How about you just get on with your life and don't make any phone calls? Women are pretty good at seeing right through you and everything you do or say will be interpreted in a certain way.

A phone call to her will probably play out in her head like this:
> "Hi, it's anon, I wanted to directly confront you about dating you because you haven't contacted me and I'm starting to get a little worried about it. I will now give the impression that I am insecure about myself to not trust you enough to contact me back, I am probably someone that you will not be interested in dating but you will act politely enough to not upset me."

If she's interested, she will contact you. I don't think I've ever had a situation where a woman who was interested in me was implicit about it.
>>
>>17541988
This, is pretty easy to see through some intentions, women most of the time are very social and know they way around a lot of situations.
>>
my thoughts were that because we were gonna do a photo shoot together, id just say that i think id found the perfect spot and was wondering if she'd want to check it out with me (all of which is true). that couldnt be too bad could it?
>>
>>17543025
But she didn't even replied to you, why are you so invested in this girl? C'mon bro.
>>
>>17543150
Except we were talking. Like a lot. She even said she wanted to hang out. Then come this and she hasn't responded. I understand just getting out of a relationship fucks up you're head for a while and I'm 99% positive that's why I'm freaking out but knowing that doesn't stop the freaking out.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.