[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Freaking Out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3

File: 1469545999913.png (333KB, 494x393px) Image search: [Google]
1469545999913.png
333KB, 494x393px
Lately, I've been feeling paranoid. I'm 23 and I feel like I haven't done anything with my life. I barely passed high school went to college didn't even finish one semester for IT when I flunked out because I stopped going. I wasn't interested anymore amd stopped giving a fuck. That's my mentality mainly with my life.

There are many times where I wish I had a lot of money just to do and try random things until I find something that I can excel at. It's just frustrating because I want to do things, but then I look at my life and how it isn't going anywhere and that thought goes out the window immediately. Right now, I'm working minimum wage just to help my mother pay bills. I have to give her half of my checks everytime and I have to give her around $400 for rent on top of that so it's hard for me to save. I never have any money to do anything. Meanwhile, many of my co-workers are making plans to travel to Spain and New Orleans. It just pisses me off because I'm just stuck in place while the people around me are doing things and I'm the only oddball. I don't even go outside unless I have to go to work and so I don't even know my why around my own area.

Any advice? I'm really fucking stuck here and my hands start to shake and my heart starts racing. I'm also a virgin who has never kissed a girl. Fuck man. I'm just a big fuck up.
>>
File: misato.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
misato.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
Should have taken high school seriously. Should have taken university seriously.

You are honestly fucked. I am on here from time to time and most anons have some slight hope in their stories but this is none. You are simply going to have to deal with the consequences of being a lazy fag.
>>
>>17541114
Knew there was no hope, thanks for reading and replying. This is my life forever.
>>
>>17541103
Why would you think that's paranoia?
That's not paranoia at all.
>>
>>17541103

minimum wage job for minimum effort life. you fucked up and didnt invest in yourself for 23 years. you are behind the curve.

if you dont give a fuck about life, life wont give a fuck about you. a happy life isnt a gift you get, its a kill you earn
>>
>>17541164
>>17541163
>>17541114

The type of advice you get here really changes depending on the time of day.
>>
>>17541176
ur posting in a millenial comfort thread
>>17541164 is real shit tho
>>
>>17541163
Whatever it is, I just don't know what to do.
>>
>>17541103
Unless your mother starts bringing in more money or you abandon her, it does seem like you're stuck for a while.

I'm guessing that you can't return to school, even if you want to, because your mother and your rental relies on your income.

If you really want to try, you're going to have to be lean:

Any money you have left after your mom and rent must be saved.
Try looking for a cheaper rental.
Prep yourself to return to school in a year or two.
Try finding a second job.

Do not spend your money unless it's necessary and prepare for a change because the current situation you are in is causing you anxiety.
>>
OP again

I stopped talking to my three "friends" for about two to three years. Never said anything, just straight up disappeared. I did it because all we did was play videogames and I thought maybe that's what was fucking me up but I didn't do anything. The other part was to see if they'd look for me and... surprise surprise, they didn't. That said a lot about them, but also about me. If I died, literally no one would care. Obviously my mother would, but outside of that... none. Sucks man.
>>
>>17541188
>ur posting in a millenial comfort thread

I honestly believe that's second fiddle to the time of the day in regards to the type of advice one will receive.
>>
>>17541193
Anxiety.
>>
>>17541210
She's more than able to work, but she keeps saying hiw she's going to work but nothing ever happens. Also, there's a guy living with us, he doesn't work as well, he just helps my mother around the house and drives her to places. He's more than capable of working as well and guess what? Excuses. My mother wants to move to another state but she won't unless I go with her.
>>
>>17541222

asshole, you realize your friends think the same thing about you?

>"wow, whatever happened to OP? he just straight up and ghosted out of our friendship. he probably wouldn't even care if i died"

what comes around is all around, man. put effort into your friendships.
>>
>>17541241
Effort for what? All me and my friends do is play videogames. They have their own problems to sort out. I'm not gonna drag them down with mine. They don't need to hear this shit. Okus, they're either working minimum wage or are broke college students.
>>
>>17541237
If you genuinly are okay with it, leaving her and this guy on their own may be a good option.

They may even find work when forced to support themselves, or they may fail miserably; the latter is sad, but you need to do what's right for you, your health and your future. Those two people seem toxic.

Think about it as an option, but remember I'm just some guy with limited informationsl don't blindly follow my advice.

You need a change and there is no way around that; unfortunately, change takes time and planning to be done right.

Ths requires some thought.
>>
>>17541252

>they're either working minimum wage or are broke college students

so are you, men need camaraderie. life is easier when you have friends. youre not dragging anyone down, just be there for your friends.
>>
>>17541270
Yeah, I mean, my mother made sure I was fed, had a roof over my head and had clothes. She never really talked to me about anything. She never showed me how to cook or asked what I did at school and stuff. Not blaming her, it just seems like she did the minimum a parent had to do if they're gonna keep a child. Talking is very important and that's something that never happened growing up. Because of that I believe, that's the reason why I'm terrible at socializing and why I'm awkward towards the opposite sex. My father left us when I was really young. Even, he didn't teach me anything. All I remember was him playing old school Hip Hop music and is the reason why I like so much to this day. But yeah, I got nothing saving me. I knew another guy like me, but he had charm to him. He was really good with words, dunno where he is now.
>>
File: Shin.Angyo.Onshi.full.483425.jpg (283KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Shin.Angyo.Onshi.full.483425.jpg
283KB, 845x1200px
>>17541290

Minimum wage job
No social life
Wasted his good years on video games and hanging out with losers
Has no work ethic
Has daddy problems

And I thought my life was terrible, jesus thanks for making me feel better anon.
>>
>>17541301
You're welcome, maybe I found something that I can give back... my misery.
>>
>>17541241
You should actually read the posts you reply to.

>That said a lot about them, but also about me
>but also about me

Almost your entire post is an expansion of what he said - it's literally redundant.

And it's "What's all around comes around", the only person I've ever heard say it your way was Ricky from Trailer Park Boys and it was reworded that way as a joke on Ricky's weak grasp of English.
>>
>>17541322
Thanks, but what makes you think life sucks for me?
>>
>>17541314

yeah, it's almost like i was referencing that, huh? are you fucking dense? do you even have your grade 10?
>>
Hey OP are you a virgin?
>>
>>17541344
Yeah, said it at the end.
>>
>>17541346

How close were you to a girl in your life. Physically I mean. Have you ever gotten a hug by a girl not your relatiive.
>>
>>17541351
Yeah, a few co-workers hug me. I was also told during high school that a certain girl liked me but I was too wrapped up being retarded that it never happened.
>>
>>17541360

Time to call up a hooker, we are going to get you devirginized. Save up whatever scraps of money you have left after two months and get yourself the best hooker available. Checking off one of your goals is a good start and lord knows you need to get some pussy.
>>
>>17541365

this is wrong, dont lose your virginity to a hooker, its totally not respectable. there are plenty of girls out there who would love to take a guys virginity for the hell of it then never talk to them again for free
>>
>>17541365
Trying to understand. Why is losing your virginity the first thing to do? Never understood this. Is it because it's the easiest?
>>
>>17541370

You forgot to add attractive guy kek
>>
>>17541370

Huh? OP has never even held a girls hand you think he can go up to a bar skank and bring her home to house which btw his mom lives in? Get real here. OP needs to call up a hooker and bang her in a hotel room.

>>17541373

Easiest thing to do and will relief some of that crushing anxiety you will have. Plus it feels good.
>>
>>17541374
Was never told I was attractive. Was told many times that I was handsome, mainly from older women so I don't know what that means. During high school, no girl ever said I was cute or whatever, though I guess during those times people are shy or whatever. A former co-worker told me that I was "like-able". I dunno, doesn't matter what people said, because it CLEARLY wasn't enough for girls.
>>
>>17541383

Getting hit on old wind bangs in the 70s doesn't count. If you were getting hit on by milfs then we can work with something but as of now you are just a below average looking fag who thinks too highly of himself in the looks department.
>>
>>17541376

or take the skank to the hotel? losing your v-card to a hooker without even holding hand is a recipe for paying a hooker so you can cry and not get an erection
>>
>>17541389
What? I never thought I was attractive or handsome and I never said I was. This is what people just told me.
>>
>>17541390

Clearly a virgin like you never banged a hooker, it was the best sex of my life and would do it again. Heck that hooker made me the man that I am today and quite honestly the sex was better than with my ex girlfriend.

>>17541396

Pointless details, you in or are you out?
>>
>>17541103
Ain't nothing wrong with good old fashioned physical labour, mang... I dropped out of highschool, and I still make 80k Canadian a year sweeping grain in an elevator. Sure, I have to work overtime to make that much, but most salary workers I know work the same amount of overtime just to keep their job...

I literally tried to commit suicide because I hated the academic environment with ever ounce of my soul... Everyone told me to stay in school for another 6+ years if I wanted to be somebody, and I could see myself doing it without having a mental breakdown and shooting the place up...
>>
>>17541401

ive never paid for sex, never needed to. losing your virginity to a hooker is like eating ramen as your last meal. i dont care if ramen is your favorite food, pick something with some class, like a Wendy's Baconator
>>
>>17541408
>physical labor

Honestly, I think this is all I'm good for (not saying it's a bad thing). Work that doesn't require critical thinking.
>>
>>17541410

guys like Op aren't getting pussy for a long time if not ever, he doesn't have the luxury to wait for a better girl to swing by.
>>
>>17541410
Mang, you don't even know... Hookers are fucking legit. You can't ask your wife to pound your ass with a strapon and have the relationship remain the same.
>pro tip: it's only okay. Wasn't anywhere near as good as I fantasies, but I can understand why the fags like it.
>>
>>17541416
You'd be surprised, man. There are thousands of physical labourer jobs that no amount of school can prepare you for. My job is utter shit, but my marketable skill is being tough as nails and actually being able to work hard for 8+ hours a day. You can't learn that stuff in school and employers know it. That's why I'm making 80k as a highschool drop out.
>>
>>17541343
Do you actually not know what redundant means?

You're not acting very smart, anon.
>>
Pull out student loans, and take classes on the side. You will need a cosigner. You can release the cosigner after you get a stable job.

Do not get lost in the LOOK ALL THIS LOAN MONEY spin because the moment it hits your bank account, it starts accruing interest.

Google careers that interest you and look at the paycheck. Start with the end in mind.

It is not who you know; it is who knows you.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: you are just a number and that number is your GPA.
>>
>>17541466
Lol thats literally the worst advice possible
>>
Also, there is shit like underwater welding that pays shit tons. I'm not bullshitting you. Doing two years in the army as a technician or something then use GI Bill after. Become a pilot.

Even regular welding pays good, if you work for like a equipment manufacturer.
>>
>>17541471
Why?

Also, underwater welding:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE4Dtl2IBJo

They probably work on oil rigs. Rig hands make good money. Its a decent gig for a lil.
>>
>all this cancer itt
WTF? This board actually provides good advise from time to time, but this thread wen't straight to hell since response one.

You're still really young OP, sure, you made bad decisions but you can still turn things around in a relatively easy way (i mean, at least you have a job that doesn't require sleeping with strangers or something like that).
First, get the hell out of your house or get your mom and the other person to help you with maintenance of the house. You can just throw your money away like that, like, have some fucking dignity.
Go back to school ASAP, community college, study for some scholarship, loans, you name it. You have to get back and study your ass off. Make sure you can still work, but hey, 80% of college students manage to do it, so it's all about discipline.
Don't get caught up in other people's lives, focus on yours, you're still fucking 23 goddam it, it's not like you don't have probably 40 years minimum to travel and do all those things.
If the virgin thing is so important, just improve yourself by little. There is plenty of advise on dating in this board already. Manage your time. Think outside your comfort zone. Experiment. Get better.

And lastly, just don't fucking listen to faggots ITT, we all commit mistakes, and i know people who are successful with a career and nice families by 25 but actually want to kill themselves. It's all a matter of perspective and what YOU are as a person.
>>
>>17541103

>Any advice

Yeah the advice is simply to stop being lazy and then getting pissed at people who didn't make the same choices as you

It's not too late to turn your life around at 23...but you need to start right now or the years will keep slipping by and you'll resent yourself even more.
>>
Contrary to the garbage that's been said in this thread, having sex with a hooker will not fix your life. If anything it may make it even worse.

Go back to school, work hard, get a decent job, move out. Then re-assess from there.

>Wahh I'm a virgin at 23 wahhh feel pity for me

There's no time to be thinking about a girlfriend, cause those cost money too believe it or not, like pets you gotta feed them and pay attention to them which takes a lot of time and money, both of which you don't have.

Any guy out there can get a girl pregnant, not every one can get a stable well paying job. Aspire to be the idiot with the stable well paying job.
>>
I'm the same way. 25 and I have my own place and a good job, but I'm absolutely lost in life. Years are just flying by at this point and I'm just stuck being the same person I was at 22.

I would say start making small improvements here and there. Start cutting out bad habits. Challenge yourself to not play video games for a week for example. The key to improvement is consistency and discipline. Once you start slipping and not committing to your improvements, you fall back to square one. That's been my biggest issue in my life. I try to improve myself, fall back to bad habits, and fail.

Start now and don't become like me at 25.
>>
OP here, is there any drugs I can take that will help me ease this pain and motivate me to change? Also, will seeing a therapist help?
>>
>>17542251
Aderall maybe
>>
>>17542251
Therapist will help. I do not recommend drugs, especially at your situation. Take it once you feel co.fortable if you really need to.
>>
>>17542353
Okay. What about going to the gym? Would that help?
>>
>>17542467
Pretty sure exercise always helps. A lot of fags on 4chan would disagree when I say going to a gym is a waste of money when you can find many other ways to exercise for free (running, for example). But in your case, if you're not used to it, going to a gym might be good because if you're putting in money on your membership, then you might as well stick to the routine.

Also, what have you managed to get out of college knowledge-wise? If you're familiar with programming and development you might want to take some time and look into web design and other relatively easy code-oriented jobs. If you get good you might find good pay.
>>
>>17542536
I haven't got much out of college. Just some stuff from my psychology class (failed that go figure), I took speech and passed with flying colors. I barely passed my coding class learning C++. I passed networking 101 but it was so easy to cheat. Ironically, I failed my hardware classes (learning the ins and outs of a computer and how to assemble). I knew everything they talked about, I was being lazy. I could've passed the second time, but I missed the final exam. One of my classmates called me telling that I missed it. That's horrible and it really shows how disorganized I am mentally. I'm just really stressed out and depressed. I was always interested in learning another language, specifically Japanese. I'm infatuated with Japanese culture (not because of hentai and anime shit like many people here would think). I know that one of the final exams is to go to Japan and apply what you learned. It would give me a reason to leave and see how it is.

Anyway, one of my friends goes to the gym and has a premium membership so I can go with him to workout. Thing is, he's very busy with work and our schedules conflict with our free time.
>>
>>17542536
How much experience would you need for those jobs?
>>
>>17541612
See:
>>17541176
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.