[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shaving like a retard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

I can't stop fucking up my shit with pic related. Every time I shave I get a bunch of razor bumps on the right side of my neck, then I have to wait a week before the bumps mostly go away, then I fuck my shit up again. Anyone know any good solutions for razor burn/bumps.
>>
Just get laser hair removal.
>>
>>17541016
buy new fucking blades.
I shave dry with the exact same thing every other day and never get razor bumps. Switch the blade every 3 or 4 weeks
>>
>>17541016

Literally get a safety razor from gillette et al.
>>
>>17541016

Some people, myself included, just have very sensitive spots. If you don't mind not being completely smooth faced, pick up a pair of clippers. They do leave a tiny bit of hair (maybe a mm if that), you wont get razor rash from them though.
I used to dread shaving my neck because I would invariably end up with red, irritated skin all along my neck 24-48 hours later, no matter how fresh or what brand my cartridge was or what pre/post shave stuff I used.
>>
USE HAIR CLIPPERS WITH THE GUARD OFF

I AM NOT KIDDING
>>
File: 1471224731897.png (132KB, 496x589px) Image search: [Google]
1471224731897.png
132KB, 496x589px
>>17541024
I switch the blades every 3 or 4 shaves though
>>
File: wa9247-612.jpg (30KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
wa9247-612.jpg
30KB, 960x960px
>>17541060

Pic related is essentially what I use btw. As an added bonus, it also does head hair if you ever have a friend who wants a buzz.
just make sure you pick up some oil for it as well.
>>
>>17541061
That only works if you want to look like you haven't shaved in three days.

You need a finer blade after that.
>>
>>17541077
Seems like it would hurt
>>
>>17541166

Not at all, I've been using a pair of clippers for four or so years and have never once nicked myself/suffered any pain from using them, compared to guaranteed discomfort from shaving my neck and all the little cuts that sometimes happen with a razor.

On a side note, you'll want to keep a razor around to tight up stray hair on your cheek and on other fine spots.
>>
Feather blades, they're literally the best

Then, let the blade do the work: don't push down

ALSO

shave down on your face to your adam's apple

shave up from the bottom of the neck to the adam's apple

voila
>>
>>17541212
ALSO

always take a shower before you shave, I have no pseudoscience to support this but it is always an easier shave
>>
>>17541212
>>17541217

one other thing (sorry for multipost)

Pay attention to your cutting angle as you shave. Basically 45 degrees is gonna do the trick, but you have to use your intuition and feel it out.

t. somebody who gets a perfect shave with a safety razor every day
>>
>tfw only shave when i get laid

When will people notice this?
>>
DO NOT USE FEATHER BLADES. They are the sharpest, but not the smoothest cut. You will almost certainly get more bumps. Since they are so sharp, they will take off more skin, making you more prone to skin infections/ingrown hairs - both of which result in bumps. Use Astra blades. The important thing is your angle while cutting, and how aclimated your skin is to blades. From what I have experienced, the blade should be perpendicular to your skin, not angled. You may want to invest in a sensitive skin shaving cream, and get anti bump after shave. All of that should certainly help cut down on the bumps.
>>
Its not rocket surgery but here's what you do.

>take a hot shower/use a hot damp towel to the area.
>lather up some shaving cream on your hand.
>apply warm lathered cream to area.
>lightly pull the skin back to keep it flat.
>apply GENTLE pressure.
>use relatively small strokes no longer then 1-2 inch's.
>shave WITH the grain, NOT AGAINST IT.
>once again, WITH THE GRAIN.
>rinse hairs/cream under hot water after EVERY stroke.
>clean all the shit of your face once your done.
>keep a hot damp towel on the area for 30-60 seconds.
>if you still have bumps your too retarded to shave just stop.
>>
Cold water, not shitty razore, lots of good shave cream.

Come from black man trust me.
>>
>>17541602
>cold water
Don't listen to this nigger he has no clue.
>>
>>17541607
Blacks have worst case of razor burn. Its no lie. It works for me and others. OP try and then comment later and say who nigger is.

OP use cold water already if same as most world.

But most skin is different i must say so try many different things.

Also I grow full beard and forced to shave daily. I have clue from 8 years experience, even if different for OP
>>
Hot water I mean
>>
>>17541598
This advice is good. I used to get razor bumps every single time i shaved. The only thing i would add to this is to always wash your face before shaving. When applying stroke against the grain of your hair to lift it. Then and here is the crucial part, or at least was for me, LEAVE IT ON for at least 2 minutes before you shave.

Never tap or shake your razor, it will cause it to dull. Rinse the razor in cold water you have after every stroke.

Went from extreme razor bumps to nothing with 2 blade disposable razors. I also only ever use a razor roughly 2-3 times.
>>
File: JPEG_20160905_143110.jpg (94KB, 428x428px) Image search: [Google]
JPEG_20160905_143110.jpg
94KB, 428x428px
>>17541661
OP here, yeah I typically use cold water for shaving, always felt better anyway.
>>
>>17541061
This anon knows.
>>
What you lubing with?

Oil, Foam, Gel?

Oil is the best. You can see what you're doing and dodge the risky areas.
Prep your shave with an exfoliator. If you're a poorfag put course salt into some baby oil or similar and scrub your skin. This removes loads of dead skin cells and flakes that can cause irritation later during your shave.
>>
>>17542842
I'm using a maggard shave soap
>>
>>17542851
>shave soap
Yeesh!

Try an oil like King of shaves, this reduces friction so much, moisturises the skin as you go and leaves you feeling fresh. Cheap and long lasting too.
http://www.boots.com/en/King-of-Shaves-AlphaOil-Shave-Oil-15ml_10913/?cm_mmc=bmm-_-google-_-PLAs-_-Boots%20Shopping%20-%20Category%20-%20Health%20and%20Pharmacy&gclid=CNqj8-rQ_c4CFeQp0wodxWoFFg
>>
>>17542866
>Yeesh

Hey what's wrong with my London barbershop
>>
>>17541016
>I can't stop fucking up my shit
Try
>new blade
>make sure the skin is not sagging, shave your neck while pointing your chin upwards
>shaving with hot water and a wet face, rinsing the blade every other stroke
>shaving gel/cream
>shaving with the grain, then across the grain then against the grain

>>17541067
>I switch the blades every 3 or 4 shaves though
That sounds expensive
>>
>>17541217
There's no pseudoscience, the warm water simply opens your pores, making the hair softer and less likely to irritate, showers just do it for longer than splashing hot water on your face
>>
>>17542946
Pores can't actually open or close
>>
>>17542910
Its not though.
Razor blades (not the cartridge mach3 blades) are cheap as fuck.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.