[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I stay or should I go?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: images65YA04F6.jpg (6KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
images65YA04F6.jpg
6KB, 299x168px
>tl;dr Should I move away from my family at the time they might need me the most?

For the last few years I've been depressed, but I've been able to manage myself quite well and hide it from all friends/family whilst functioning at a high level. This year I'd been hoping to move somewhere new, get a good job, get my social life back, maybe even find a gf. My family has been a good source of strength for me, but because of my age (23) it's definitely time to move on.

However, last week something happened which is going to put my family through hell. Without going into what it was (it isn't really important for my question), the consequences will be as follows: my parents will divorce or at least have huge problems, my younger siblings will be bullied at school, the people my family have known all our lives will change their opinion of us and not want to know us anymore. Life is about to get very difficult for us, and I already know that some family members are struggling to cope.

(1/2)
>>
File: images65YA04F6.jpg (10KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
images65YA04F6.jpg
10KB, 299x168px
So it's looking like my life isn't going to get better any time soon. The people I've known all my life will either turn against me or find it very awkward to talk to me now. I'll probably also have to leave my job. If I stay at home with my family, I'll probably become even more socially isolated than I have been.

Fortunately though, I have the opportunity to earn decent money remotely. I can literally live pretty much anywhere I want to (as long as it has an internet connection). I don't have to be trapped in my hometown, which will become horrible for me, I can start a new life wherever I want to. But that would mean leaving my family at a time when they might really need me for support. Obviously I'd always be available to them by phone/email, but that's not the same thing as being there in-person. I don't want to leave them when the family is already under pressure and disintegrating - but at the same time, I've been really unhappy the way I've lived the last few years, and I really need a fresh start somewhere new.

So what should I do? Any advice from anyone who has faced a similarly difficult situation?
>>
We need clarification on what will cause your family hell. Maybe some anons have dealt with it, don't be a stranger here and divulge all information crucial to your post.
>>
>>17539768
Without going into too much detail, a family member was recently arrested. This family member was well-known in the local community. The alleged crime is one that has an incredibly negative social stigma. Regardless of whether this person is guilty or not (I have no idea) and whether or not the case goes to trial and what the outcome of that trial will be, the story will be reported on the front page of the local news (it might make the national news too, but as a relatively small story). When that happens, it's going to be very tough. Maybe a very select few people we knew will come to us and give us support, but the vast majority will talk behind our backs, assume at least some guilt ('"there's no smoke without fire"), and not want to be associated with us anymore.

It's an open investigation, and there's a chance (albeit a very slim one) that the posts I make alone could be retrieved later on to be used in the case, so for that reason I don't want to say any more about it. So please don't try and guess what the alleged crime was or anything like that, because I won't reply. But hopefully that provides more information by way of context.
>>
one last bump before I go to sleep
>>
Kek, did this family member diddle some kids or something?
>>
Stay.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.