/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Antidepressants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (181KB, 720x747px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181KB, 720x747px
My psychiatrist said a sufficient dose of an antidepressant was necessary to "put more of a smile on my face." Do you guys believe in that, meaning, does it really work that well?
>>
>>17539583
drug therapy works but only in conjunction with actual therapy.

if he places you on some pills to push you out the door then he's a fucking shit psych.
>>
>>17539583
https://peutinger-gymnasium.de/html/was/unterricht/faecher/englisch/brave_new_world/Drugs_in_Brave_New_World_and_in_the_Present_World.html

Don't fall for it
>>
i only know of 2 things to help with depression:
>inb4 r9k
a loving, caring cute virgin gf you can trust and who would never leave you
or killing yourself (doesn't has to be physically, just disconnect to the outer world and embrace autism)
>>
>>17539619

Or watch anime dipshit, both of those option are terrible.
>>
>>17539583
>necessary to "put more of a smile on my face."
Kind of a funny way to put it, but yes antidepressants reduce depression and boost mood.
>do you guys believe in that
Look up the concept of "scientific medicine" (aka "western medicine", "allopathic medicine", etc).
Doesn't fucking matter what we believe. Go do what the shrink says.
If it makes you better, great it worked.
If not, it didn't work, sucks for you.

>>17539591
>drug therapy works but only in conjunction with actual therapy.
No, it works alone as well. Therapy alone also works.
Both together works better (obviously).
>>
>>17539591
I'm in therapy. Do you really think drugs help create smiles (TM) in conjuction with lifestyle changes? I know they calm anxiety, but it's weird to imagine a routine pill causing an enduring increase in happiness.
>>
>>17539643
>Doesn't fucking matter what we believe. Go do what the shrink says.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLVPop0LsaQ
>>
>>17539646
the point of the pills is to regulate neurotransmitters in some way. these NTs have an impact on your mood. it's a bit of a crap shoot as to which NT needs regulating but you figure that out as you go through medications. the psych is happy to pop you onto a different medication if one isn't working since he pumps up his numbers for the rep that comes in every month.

drug therapy can help. what helps the most is a good therapist.
>>
>>17539594
>>17539652
So what is your alternative? Being as counter culture as possible and expressing every bit of discontent? In my experience, that leads to an even shittier and more neglected position in life.

The points in the article, and especially the "Jews!" post are not the most coherent.
>>
>>17539675
Keep drugging yourself then you stupid fuck

The alternative is called being a man up bitch
>>
>>17539672
That's what they say, that boosting an NT can help. Neurepronehrin is a safe bet too, and not so bad at all on side effect profile.

That just seems kind of oversimplified though. I know opiates make people feel good, but I'm not so sure about an NT boost simply resulting in more hapiness. Maybe it will help decrease sadness, more like.
>>
>>17539683
Unhelpful tripfag with memes from 2010
>>
File: 1473093629287.png (172KB, 452x560px) Image search: [Google]
1473093629287.png
172KB, 452x560px
>>17539688
I think you need up your dosage, you're becoming a little irate
>>
Antidepressants do lessen the severity of (or eliminate) depression symptoms, and can improve your general mood if you have depression; a lot of people think that they induce a false layer of happiness or something, but that isn't how they work.

Sometime you have to try a second or third AD to find one that works for you; everyone's brain/body is different, and while everyone is going to respond to antidepressants, not everyone will have a positive or satisfactory response to every antidepressant. If you're closely related to someone who's been on an AD that worked for them, the chances are higher that that drug will work for you.

If you decide to try ADs, make sure you take them as directed; you can't just take them when you feel sad, or quit if you don't notice a difference after a week or two. They take 6-8 weeks to get to full effect, and quitting early is unhelpful at best.

Depression has been shown to be treated best when psychotherapy (usually cognitive behavioral therapy or dialectical behavioral therapy) is used in tandem with antidepressant therapy. Seeing a therapist can help, but sometimes you have to look at a few before you find a decent one -- I think my area is particularly shitty for therapists (it's kind of rural), because I've been through 8 of them.
>>
>>17539696
Thanks for the tip officer schizoid
>>
>>17539619
>disconnect to the outer world and embrace autism

This. Real world is trash anyway, real people are scum, there's almost no reason to leave the house.

Embrace anime and vidya OP.
>>
File: Illuminati_wallpaper.jpg (500KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Illuminati_wallpaper.jpg
500KB, 1920x1080px
>>17539708
>Indifference to social norms and conventions.

Check

>Consistent preference for solitary activities.

Check

>Indifference to either praise or criticism.

Check

>Preoccupation with fantasy and introspection.

Check

Fug, I don't care anyway kek

WHO says that anyone who isn't a normalfag has a disorder yet somehow magically declassified being homosexual as a disorder

Psychology is meme pseudo-science meant for social control just like religion
>>
>>17539741
The social control keeping you safe and supplied with tendies.
>>
>>17539730
True to an extent, but I lost my ability to escape into fantasy a while ago. To me, sitting in my room is just that. I do enjoy some good videogames, though.
>>
>>17539769
Contd
Something about not wanting to be in the experience machine yada yada
>>
>>17539763
I keep myself safe
>>
>>17539769
>>17539774
I'm 24 and anime and vidya have yet to fail me.
You should really try anime.
>>
>>17539783
I'm not anime's target demographic. Competitive games are my fallback when I need them, for sure. I also don't mind some MGS or Dark Souls
>>
>>17539798
I wasn't anime's demographic either, untill I started watching them.
>>
>>17539781
Within a social order that allows it.
>>
>>17539803
I guees it depends on the theme of the specific show, right?
>>
10mg of Lexapro here.
that shit helps.
I was depressed as fuck despite life going my way, promotions cars bitches etc, so I went to the doctor and asked her to put me back on the same pills I was on before, lo and behold shit worked.
>bought sports car with fat stacks from first promotion
>get moved to a position that pays the same with more responsibilities and more time with the bosses
>party with friends (no drugs still fun as fuck
[spoiler]and then a week later I felt completely drained of any happiness or will to live.[/spoiler]
>>
>>17539866
Obviously.
Many shows pander to sad lonely weebs.
You're not supossed to start with watching those, you watch those after years.
>>
>>17539868
oh right, I suppose I should mention did 2.5yrs of therapy with nothing coming out of it other than me deciding no one was going to help me get better but myself. could have just been because my psychs were quacks though.
>>
>>17539583
I used seroxat for a year
it helped me more than i could ever have imagined man.

i felt like killing myself for years, was too scared to go outside and all that shit.
got seroxat 20mg for a year, and now 2 years after my first med i am what they call 'cured'
I feel great.
>>
>>17539883
I'm glad you got out, man. I was trapped inside too. Their solution was benzos, but maybe an antidepressant would have been better. A lot of people credit these imaginary worlds for all the good things in life, but the reverse is actually true. Here's hoping the therapy, new life, and pillz help me feel it again.
>>
>>17539878
You gotta have a therapis and/or mentor who has lived, not just lived through books and conversations. I think mentors can work even better than therapists.
>>
>>17539920
thanks man! you will get there, trust me.

I used benzos before antidepressants, i had 10 mg oxazepam.
that shit was cash, it stopped my racing mind.

I had to go to a new school while i had crippling anxiety, so i got oxazepam.
Took a pill and an hour later i felt so chill, like when you are in a very very crouded room and you suddenly step outside and all you hear is birds and all you see is some nice grass field and shit like that.

probably the reason why benzos are very very addictive.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.