[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got my first desk job. I bring my own laptop in to work. There

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 0JUCW1l.jpg (114KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
0JUCW1l.jpg
114KB, 1600x900px
Got my first desk job. I bring my own laptop in to work. There is a lot of down time, and I've just been scrolling 4chan on my phone without using the wifi.

Is it safe for me to go to time wasting sites from my laptop on the company wifi? As far as I know, we don't have an IT department, but I'm just wondering if they have any way of seeing what I'm doing on my laptop.
>>
>>17539273
>work as programmer
>visit /b/ on company network
>whocares.bson
>>
>>17539273
Yes, they can track everything is going on in their network if they wanted too.
Including sites visited, time spend and such sites and how many time you visited every one of them.
It is possible. But is not certain if they are doing it.
>>
They definitely do.

Let me give you some insight, the people upstairs know that jobs like this have a lot of down time and they are testing you to see how you spend your time. Everything can be recorded to the second so damn straight they know exactly how long you been on 4chan.

Best advice? Read blog websites that have articles versus going on 4chan. You can be fired for this in the future so be warned.
>>
>>17539273
Make sure you don't bring your pirated movie collection with you. That could end up very badly if the company gets some sort of surprise inspection.
>>
>>17539303
not if the company is forcing him to use his personal laptop for work instead of furnishing one.
>>
>>17539288
Yea no way I'm going on 4chan, but i was thinking maybe youtube or some podcasts or playing flash games or something.
>>17539285
Yea, i was just wondering how likely it is. Small franchise of a national corporation. About 15 people in my building, and 5 in my division.
>>
>>17539334

Don't go on youtube or play flash games, stick articles and blogs that can learn from. That way when they are doing yearly examination they can see you were productive on your downtime. Believe me when it comes to reviews they will spring this shit on you.

Use your time wisely or it will bite you in the asscrack.
>>
>>17539342
Damn. Rlly wanna play some runescape or something, but that would be so blatant and over the top, no way i could justify it
>>
>>17539364
Trimming armor for free pm me
>>
>>17539364

Ya it sucks but you have to understand you are there to work and they are providing the internet for work related activities.

Talk to your supervisor/manager on what you can do on your downtime so it will get you ahead.
>>
>>17539388
Idk, like it's a sales position and I have an Autodialer. I'm ahead of my quota by quite a bit. I just scroll 4chan and then when someone picks up I put my phone down and talk to them. My productivity isn't affected by me dicking off between calls, because that is literally all I do. But it would be so unprofessional lol
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.