[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it easier to meet and become friends with people from the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: SMAUG.jpg (587KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
SMAUG.jpg
587KB, 1440x900px
Is it easier to meet and become friends with people from the same social class as you?
>>
It's typically easier to befriend people with similar interests and values. That's not to say that you need to find people who are exactly like you, of course.

How would you describe your social class?
>>
>>17538550
twisted fucking psycopath and the nicest person you'll ever meet
>>
I agree with the previous thread start poster. People of similar interests and values more easily become friends with you because there is less friction and small talk comes easy.
>>
Anyone else feel out of place in their social/economic class, just staying in it for the money?
>>
>>17538550
Upperish middle
>>
>>17538569
>Feeling out of place?

In what sense?

>>17538581
People coming from similar income-levels are more likely to befriend each other because they're more likely to be going to the same quality of school, or living in the same neighborhood quality, or working in a similar profession that supports their income-level.

Socioeconomic class also influence perspectives and experiences, which can influences values and interests.
>>
>>17538606
Yeah I don't get along with rich white kids that use ebonics and wear boat shoes

aka 90% of the male student body at my university
>>
>>17538531
Easier, yes. Desirable? It could be mind-broadening to make friends who are not exactly like you.
>>
>>17538531

I don't know, I would say I'm part of a group of friends that are decently well off, but we have plenty of friends that aren't. I'd say that they keep us grounded.
>>
>>17538550

In my experience social class doesnt matter. Some of my friends have lived in literal shacks, others have lived in mansions with marbel floors; they were all pretty cool. Social class wont change too much in who you hangout with, its mote about how you yourself have a good concept of the values and properties of money.
Money doesnt inherently make people different, it just provides different opportunities for people to grow.
>>
>>17538660
>Money doesn't inherently make people different, it just provides different opportunities for people to grow.

I agree, but those different opportunities can make people different. Putting a wad of cash in a person's hand isn't going to change them as a person, but using that cash to put them through graduate school will.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.