[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: H8LDHLu.gif (974KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
H8LDHLu.gif
974KB, 500x281px
Hey /adv/, hope you can help me. My boyfriend, whom I've known for 6 years, is starting to act somewhat odd. We've had 2 arguments just the past few weeks and last night it all tensed up and ended rather badly.

We hadn't spoken as much as usual and I asked him if he felt like everything was going well with us, he had no complaints, so I left it at that. The following day he had a routine checkup after a rib injury, he didn't tell me until much later and I got a bit iffy because I really felt like he was starting to slip away from me when it came to talking and telling. He said he didn't see it as a big deal and that he wasn't one to "complain about things all the time" - I ended up apologizing for getting iffy because I got nowhere with trying to make my point.

Now yesterday, I was renovating the bathroom and I slipped, banged by head on the tub and went to the ER, it was nothing, just a bump and a bruise, so I got back and started working again. We chatted in the evening and I just said I had a minor fall, nothing big etc. I was out of the ER in less than a minute. And he lost it. He literally blew up in my face and got very rude, started lecturing me about that I had gotten iffy with him and that I should have told him right away and he pretty much repeated every point I had tried to make to him last weekend.

He said he was pissed off with me and the lecturing ended with me going to bed.

We haven't spoken today.

So what the hell is going on here? I'm beyond confused.... Please, refrain from making spiteful comments.
>>
>>17538346
From his perspective, after everything that had happened, it looks like you were trying to get back at him by not telling him immediately. So your actions, even if they weren't passive aggressive, look to be that way. There's a pretty big difference in severity between a routine check-up and a trip to the ER.

>We hadn't spoken as much as usual and I asked him if he felt like everything was going well with us
>I got a bit iffy because I really felt like he was starting to slip away from me when it came to talking and telling
Do you think that maybe you're just thinking that things are bad, when they're not, and it's irritating him? The constant need for validation? He may feel like you're attacking him.
>>
>>17538346

Gender sterotypes - men don't want to look weak and complain, but they sure as hell want to protect their loved ones and are concerned about their health

It's not really logical.

Also, while what you did made sense, from your view, from his view it might seem hypocritical because you started an argument about the very same thing yourself.
>>
>>17538346
He is hitting up more chicks than Chris Brown on a bad mood.
>>
>>17538357
I get that and I totally see it from his way, but at the same time, he made it clear he didn't see any point in telling/talking about things that doesn't matter.

Recently he's been very "short" in the sense of not talking about his daily life. I ask how his day was, he'll say fine. I say "tell me about your day" he gives the same generic response "fine" - so it makes me think I get too close and he just wants to be left by himself. That was also one point I made when we argued at first.

I stopped telling him about my day, my "complaints", my life as such, he hasn't made any inquiries either so I guess it's okay. Thus, I saw no need to tell him right away that I was heading to the ER, and it was a bit silly too because I was 100% fine and told him this when he was busy ripping me to shreds.

But perhaps you're right.
>>
>>17538383
>Recently he's been very "short" in the sense of not talking about his daily life. I ask how his day was, he'll say fine. I say "tell me about your day" he gives the same generic response "fine" - so it makes me think I get too close and he just wants to be left by himself. That was also one point I made when we argued at first.
I think it's a matter of not being in the mood for small talk and you pressing him on it. There are days where I'm just mentally exhausted and I don't feel like reliving my day with my partner. He needs to give me space to relax and collect my thoughts. Then, if I recall something noteworthy or interesting, I'll bring it up when I feel like it.

>Thus, I saw no need to tell him right away that I was heading to the ER, and it was a bit silly too because I was 100% fine and told him this when he was busy ripping me to shreds.
Again, I think you're making light of the ER. Why go if it wasn't a big deal?
>>
>>17538410
I understand completely and I did apologize to him. And it wasn't me who suggested that I went. My parents said I had to because I had suffered a major head injury once before.

But yeah I see that it looks pretty much like my fault. Should I apologize again?
>>
>>17538577
Try not talking to him much at all, but being with him quite a bit. Wait a while and if he doesn't start talking again, start again with small talk and stuff, if he still doesn't want to talk then i dunno, leave him if you see fit and your unhappy, or scroll for different advice
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.