[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I tell my new gf that I have herpes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Chill vibe.gif (817KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
Chill vibe.gif
817KB, 500x367px
My ex gave me herpes 1 a year ago - literally the cold sore virus, almost certainly transferred during a blowjob
I recently started seeing someone new, we've had sex but only with protection, and I haven't let her go down on me
I need to tell her about it, obviously, but I'm not sure how, and I'm very scared it will turn her off me or ruin things

Some facts I need to tell her when I do tell her:
>doctor said I can only transfer it if I have active symptoms, which is very rare (once a year tops)
>it's literally the cold sore virus, but less contagious bc it doesn't belong in the genitals
>at least 70% of the population has the virus already, most people just don't know they have it bc no symptoms
>it's actually not that bad - just means at worst 1 week a year where there's a couple little scabs on my shaft
>obviously still a slight risk and I wouldn't want to give it to her

How do I bring it up? How do I make it clear that it's not that bad/contagious? I really like this girl and would be so shattered if this ruined things
>>
>>17538269
dont have sex with her until ur cured,
>>
>>17538281
it's the cold sore virus m8 it's incurable
>>
File: nice.jpg (129KB, 834x786px) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
129KB, 834x786px
>>17538269
bump
>>
File: bullshit.jpg (25KB, 500x245px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.jpg
25KB, 500x245px
I don't understand.

You dated this girl for a period of time and in your entire period of time dating you never once let her know? What kind of twat are you?

Sit her down as soon as possible and tell her you have this. Congrats you might have fucked your relationship because you didn't devoid crucial information to your girl. She will feel betrayed and disgusted that you couldn't tell her straight up. People like honest people from the get go not asshats who spring it up much later.
>>
Honestly you should have told her before you got down and dirty with her. Now if you bring it up she'll probably get really pissed. Just outright tell her before your next sexual encounter with her
>>
>>17538429
>new gf
We've only been proper dating for a week, only had one night of sex
It's not exactly first date material anon, waiting one week is reasonable, especially since the doctor said there's literally no chance of her catching it atm, I haven't been putting her at risk

Anyway I know I need to tell her I'm asking for advice on how best to explain/bring it up
>>
>>17538468

Wait she is your girlfriend after only one week of dating? What?
>>
>>17538470
Nah, I simplified it for the title, it didn't need explaining in the OP
I describe her as 'girl I'm seeing', we liked each other for a while, said it a little over a week ago, and started being openly romantic then (I also left the other girls I had been seeing). Haven't had a talk or anything but we know how we feel about each other & it's clear we're not seeing other people etc.
We slept together last weekend, she's coming round again this weekend, so I'll tell her then

So it's a very new situation, which is why I haven't told her yet, but it's obvious where this is leading, and I need to inform her of the herpes
>>
Well OP, I think there's two answers here that I want to give:

1. Selfishly, if I had herpes (I've never been tested for it, but as a straight male that has hooked up with many, odds are that I do), I wouldn't tell the girl I was dating. I'd inspect my shit and head to the doctor for some Valtrex when I had an outbreak. Maybe if we were getting engaged or married? Maybe then? I don't know.

2. Shame on you for "seeing several girls" at once when you have herpes, know it, and can spread it. Be more choosy with dating someone. Find someone you like, and get serious, don't act like this getting ice cream flavor samples before you decide what to get in your cone. It's not.
>>
Just pretend to not know
>>
>>17538522

"Hey OP umm I just got back from the doctor and I have hsv 1. Do you have herpes and didn't tell me?!"
>>
>>17538513
Thanks for the advice anon
But how could you justify morally not telling someone you love that you have this?

Only seen 2 girls since finding out, I considered not doing it, but it's hsv1, it legit does not spread genitally unless there are symptoms, and I don't have symptoms
You're making the exact same decision by not getting tested for it senpai
>>
>>17538527
It's cold sores. 70% of people in the west have the virus, and the majority have no idea they have it, because it's often symptomless, so you could pretty easily explain your way out of that situation
>>
>>17538527
"Wow really? How could I know that I've been infected when at least 70% have it and most people don't know it because no symptoms"
>>
>>17538540

Sure sure and 30% don't. You are giving your girlfriend and stress that she doesn't need.

"B-but 70% of the population has it! It isn't a big deal...now come on and hop on this dick baby"
>>
>>17538547
It's literally that easy
>>
>>17538547
No I'm not saying therefore you shouldn't tell her I'm just responding to your claim that you'd get caught out when she catches it by saying that it's pretty fkn easy to lie and say you're in the majority of the population, and have the virus without knowing you do
>>
>>17538532

I morally justify it because like your doctor said, 70% of sexually active people have it. You can catch it from drinking out of someone else's cup, for christsakes - but people act like its some awful fucking thing where you had to have slept with someone gross or be a slut or whatever. It just doesn't work that way.

I pretty much operate under the assumption that I have it - it's why I limit the random hookups, and try to only date one girl at a time. It's also more or less harmless - we're not talking about something that is going to rot your dick off.

Telling her pretty much only serves two purposes: she's going to freak out, because most people do, and then you'll be "the herpes guy." Relationship over, and she'll probably tell other people why.
>>
Once you tell her she will probably get angry for you not telling her sooner and might even break up with you. Is it really worth it being labelled "herpes" and lose a relationship? You know she will gossip with her girlfriends.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.