[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ I was wondering, how do you guys save up money? I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Hey /adv/ I was wondering, how do you guys save up money? I have a savings account, and I occasionally put money in there to pay for small things, but I'm curious. I usually keep a lot of money in my checking account but it just sits there and I'm always thinking of things I would like to purchase.

Do you guys keep large sums of money (over 2K) in your checking accounts, or do you spend it?
>>
File: 1473092618398-g.jpg (32KB, 447x456px) Image search: [Google]
1473092618398-g.jpg
32KB, 447x456px
>>17535934
Get a job and spend less then you make.
Simple as that.
>>
I don't keep much in checking, just enough to pay monthly expenses. I put 20% of every paycheck into retirement and keep about 1 years pay in savings that doesn't get touched except for unexpected expenses, and once a year I put my bonus into a CD I know lolcds but it's my "oh shit" fund that I like to keep out of reach unless I really, really need it.
>>
>>17535934
>emergency fund (~6 months expenses at bare essentials)
>invest everything else
>look for stable and secure investments with predictability

go to /biz/ and gamble
>>
>>17535954
I have a degree and job I'm passionate about (Teacher in AZ, make about 34K for ridiculous hours). I'm just asking if people spend their money and then save up for next thing, or if they hoard it over time. Did you even read my post?
>>
Oil change every 4 months instead of three since I don't drive much at all

$40 prepaid phone plan instead of $50-$60.

When i drive I coast as much as possible to save fuel.

Bootleg movies and shit instead of renting or buying.
>>
>>17535964

Obviously paying shit off as soon as possible is the smartest way to handle shit. If I had money i would pay everything off exceot my house and the only reason I would take time to pay that is to build credit. Any other money you have is smarter used to build more money so i would put some of it i to stocks and some as cash.

If your question is if peoole purposely burn through cash just to do it, some probably do.
>>
>>17535996
OP Here, I'm fortunate that I don't have any student debt, so besides saving up for a couple of computer builds/classroom equipment I really desire, I'm putting away money for a Masters.
>>
Also get a CC that your earn cash back with, use it for all daily stuff.
Oh, and don't have kids, that's the best kept secret of non-broke asses. My job pays pretty good, not great but good. Most of my co-workers are living on the edge to make ends meet cause they have kids + wife that doesn't work. I regularly blow money on games, restaurants, overseas vacations and still put back a large amount into retirement. I know it sounds like I'm waving around a fedora right now but that's my honest advice on saving money: don't have kids, you don't need to justify your existence by having a mouth to feed.
>>
>>17535934
I've been hoarding since I was a very small child and my grandparents would give me money every Christmas and tell me "put it in your piggy bank." It's becoming very handy having that nest egg recently.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.