[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Want to try my first hamburger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Penguins.jpg (760KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Penguins.jpg
760KB, 1024x768px
I have a severe food phobia, and I've never tried ketchup, or mustard, or pickles, or hamburger meat before in my life.

I'm beyond intimidated, and I have been all my life as you can imagine growing up in America.

I've tried this before, and failed immediately. I picked up a box of chicken nuggets, and then a plain 1/4lb cheese burger along with it.

I ate a few nuggets, trying to psyche myself up for it, and then by the time I opened the burger, it smelled repulsive and I threw it in the trash.

I know it's not going to hurt me, I know I'll be fine whether I like the taste, or not. I know it's really not a big deal and a 4 year old girl can do it without blinking an eye.

But, I am a fucking scared adult who has never been able to bring himself to do this.

I might not act on it today, this week, or ever. But, I'd like to get suggestions on how to break this phobia. It's not just hamburgers, it's a large majority of all food.
>>
How are you alive if you don't eat a vast majority of food?

Are you even healthy?
>>
You should start by eating a home-made burger and no macdonalds shit. Same with chicken tendies.
I used to hate pickles and mustard as a kid and I didn't start adding those into my meals until I was 17.
Just start off slowly or else you'll end up grossing yourself out.
>>
>>17535391
I'm borderline healthy. I've been overweight a few times in my life, my diet is pretty heavy on unhealthy food. But, once I realize I'm fat and start eating less, it comes off pretty quick. 200 lbs at 6'2'', but my health isn't a concern. It's my awkward phobia.
>>
If you're not a terrible cook, try making the food yourself.
That way, you can familiarize yourself with the ingredients, how they're seasoned, taste along the way, and so on.
Maybe try just chewing it and then spitting it out first.
>>
>>17535439
See, that's why I chose McDonalds, because I worked there for two years before and I was familiar with everything about the burger I was about to be eating. Specifically ordering it plain, just bread cheese and meat, and I still couldn't do it.

I'm not a bad cook, but I obviously don't cook too much variety.
>>
>>17535454
What specifically, is it that scares you?
Are you afraid you'll get sick?
Are you afraid of swallowing?
Are you afraid it'll taste bad?
Is it textures that bother you?
If textures bother you more than taste, for example, maybe try cooking an unfamiliar food to a familiar texture (such as soup).
>>
>>17535411
What do you eat then? Just curious.

I can't eat shellfish, stuff with shells just creep me out. I can make myself eat it in a social situation but it's nothing I enjoy and nothing I'd ever bother try to eat in my spare time.

Hamburgers are unhealthy and the ones you buy at fast food joints aren't even that good. You're not missing out on much.
>>
>>17535483
It's hard to explain, because I don't really know. I'm bad at all of this, if anyone talks to me about a mental issue, I can never understand it.

I'm certainly not afraid of getting sick because of the food. Unless I was cooking it myself, and unsure that I had cooked it properly or something.

I'm partially afraid it will taste bad, I know what I like, and if it's not on that list, I just say I don't like it.

Swallowing I don't see as an issue, I'm sure if I could get it in the mouth, stand the taste, I'd have no problem getting it down.

Texture could be an issue, I'm not sure. I don't have enough food experience to figure that out.

I've never had any type of soup before, I've never even had a grilled cheese.
>>
>>17535486
Frozen pizza is a staple of my diet. No topping, cheese only.

I love cereal, all varieties, unless it has raisins. Which I don't mind raisins, just not in my cereal.

PB sandwiches, I don't do jelly unless it's toast. PB and J don't mix in my world.

Breakfast I do pretty well in, and always try and cancel plans in favor of a morning outing instead of a dinner/late outing just so I can seem slightly more normal.

But, with that being said, I don't eat sausage, but I'll eat as much bacon as you can put on the plate.

I only eat eggs scrambled.

Pancakes without fruit, but I do like some fruit by itself. I.E. bananas, apples, oranges, grapes, basic shit.

Snacks, most flavored potato chips, but even if I like the flavored chip, doesn't mean I'll dip an unflavored chip. I don't do sauces, or dips, or anything like that. If I'm having "nachos" there's no cheese involved with my chips.
>>
>>17535512
Seems to me like it's the act of mixing things together that puts you off for some reason.

In that case it makes sense that eating a hamburger is difficult for you as it consists of many different things.

Not sure how to tackle this, maybe start off as you did with as few ingredients as possible and then begin to add more and more as you become comfortable with it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.