[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Experiences with Sertralin/antidepressants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 2718203810931.jpg (261KB, 901x462px) Image search: [Google]
2718203810931.jpg
261KB, 901x462px
My doctor prescribed me Sertralin for anxiety, 50mg daily, and it's working, but the side-effects are straight up terrible and are making me reconsider whether its worth it.

I have abdominal pains, teeth chattering, minor head-aches, little desire to eat or sleep and my sex-drive has completely disappeared. I can't even get off alone with my fingers.(I'm a girl) I've only been on them for two weeks and I've read these side effects are normal.

Does anyone here have experience with this drug or other anti-depressant with the same results? Did the side-effects diminish or get better over time?
>>
>falling for the anxiety meme
Just stop being a pussy
>>
File: aint.jpg (117KB, 578x900px) Image search: [Google]
aint.jpg
117KB, 578x900px
Thinking I need to start talking to my doc about my depression. Have been experiencing these feelings for about five years now. I dropped out of school, stopped working, all I do is lay in bed. The things that used to give me enjoyment no longer do. I rarely use the internet anymore either.

Can I say this to my doctor? Will she make me go to therapy? I'm extremely private and do not want to see a therapist. I'd just like the medication for a short period of time so I can have the energy to get things rolling in my life again, and then I can get off them.

What do, guys? What should I tell her? I don't want to see drug seeking, but ive tried everything from religion to informal therapy with friends to working out, to trying to learn an instrument to gardening, and i just cant seem to get out of this funk. not only that but im chewing my nails rights off my fingers too
>>
>>17534570
oh shit, this was suppose to be a unique thread... well, to OP I clearly have no experience with antidepressants, but may I ask what you said to get your doc to prescribe them? did you have to attend therapy?

and good luck
>>
Well I've been taking sertralin 50mg as well for three months now and the only side effect I had was nausea for the first three weeks or so and like you sometimes difficulties to cum but that's about it.
But the thing with SSRIs is they work differently on everyone so if I were you I'd just wait a week or two more if it gets better, otherwise talk to your psychiatrist and he'll try to find something better for ya.
>>
dON'T TAKE JEWISH DRUGS
>>
>>17534576
I've talked to my doc about it several times, but I did see a therapist first. My doctor gave me a paper to fill out, describing my symptoms (I pick my skin obsessively and other OCD-esque things) and prescribed me the pills. You should talk to yours about it and get some help. The doctor won't judge you, they've seen a lot worse.

>>17534851
Thanks, that calms me somewhat to know. I'll stick with it and see if it gets better.
>>
I've tried a hundred different antidepressants for years

You want to know what I found out

The best way to treat depression/anxiety is exercise and lifestyle changes. Pills are bullshit that make your erections go away and some other unpleasant side effects that rarely do anything beneficial beyond being an expensive sugar pill.

Seriously if you clean your diet, work out, meditate every day, you will see results. Take a few weeks of CBT if you really need it, but you'll learn the technique very quickly.

You're probably gonna read my post and say it's bullshit and stick to your perscription pill mindset, and that's fine because I did the same thing when I was in your position. At best the pills will help you to BEGIN doing the things I listed, but won't take you beyond there.

Good luck.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.