[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I look older?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: 5911511261_a75bb32275_b.jpg (227KB, 980x953px) Image search: [Google]
5911511261_a75bb32275_b.jpg
227KB, 980x953px
I am a 24 year old, and a lot of people seem to think I'm underage or something.

>Go to high school to talk to student. Got asked by teacher why am I not in class.
>Go to buy cigarettes for my mom. Got asked ID.
>Wait for my colleague in the hospital waiting room. Nurse comes next to me and asks me where are my parents.
>16 year old asked me out
>Go out with friends. Guy 2 years younger than me tells me that "at my age, he wasn't allowed to stay out that late"
>No one takes me seriously at work, I had old people fucking laughing at my face.
> My boyfriend is 29 but looks older, he gets weird looks whenever he kisses me in public

How do I look older?
>>
I'm assuming you're a girl. Most people on here are guys. I wouldn't even know where to start telling a girl how to look older. I would say make up but that might just make you look more skanky. I would say wear a skirt like a work suit but that would just make you look more professional.

Try this

http://www.wikihow.com/Look-Older-(Teenage-Girls)

Article says teenage girls but maybe these things can apply to you.
>>
>>17534470
Yes, I'm a girl.

I don't really wear make up, just mascara most of the time. Maybe I should really try to wear some.
>>
>>17534458
I have the exact same problem as you. I got police on me several times when i was coming back from club at like 2am, because people thought im 13 or sth
My partners often refused to have sex with me because they "felt like pedos"
However i am not interested in looking older, i enjoy my naturally childish look. Few years in the future i will still look young and beautiful, and then people will envy me as fuck
Things you can do
>get a more mature way of dressing up. Wear black(not emo-like though)
>wear some makeup, be careful not to overdo it
>paint your fingernails
>wear high heels
>>
>>17534473

what shoes do you wear?.

what hair style do you have?.

how do you normally greet people?.

where do you work?

what kind of car do you drive?

do you have peirced ears?. what kind of earings you wear?.

do you chit chat at work a lot?.

what's your position at your job?
>>
>>17534480
This, you can also post a photo of yourself so we can tell you in bigger detail what can you do (haircut etc)
>>
>>17534480
>what shoes do you wear?
Sneakers when I'm off work or at class.
I am a med student, so when I'm at the hospital I'm wearing those ugly shoes doctors and nurses wear.

>what hair style do you have?
Wavy long bob.

>how do you normally greet people?
Depends.
Friends, hugs and kisses and niceness. Stangers, handshake.

>where do you work?
Hospital.

>what kind of car do you drive?
A shitty car I inherited from my grandma.

>do you have peirced ears? what kind of earings you wear?.
No.

>do you chit chat at work a lot?
No, just with a couple of friends, sometimes. I'm quite introverted and silent.

>what's your position at your job?
I'm a student, so - basically smiling, nodding and filling papers.

>>17534483
I'm not comfortable with posting pics of myself on 4chan.
I can try to describe myself a bit, if you think it's useful.
>>
>>17534478
I don't mind looking young, I think I'm decently pretty and I will surely appreciate it as I grow older. My mom and my grandma look 20 years younger than they are.
But it is weird for my boyfriend and sometimes it gets weird for me, like when I get approached by 16 year olds or when people talk shit about my parents for letting me stay out late, when I'm fucking old enough to have kids.
>>
>>17534497

>Wavy long bob.

What is that? can you get a picture from the internet that looks like it?.

>Stangers, handshake.

Fuck that. I don't shake hands with strangers. I just make eye contact and even then it's a a minimal. People know I don't have time for that shit. I see people hugging eachother greeting eachother like they haven't seen eachother in two fucking years when they work at the same goddamn place. That's kid shit in my mind. Strangers on the street I don't ever shake hands. I don't see a need for it. My name is "john doe" is all they gets.

Anyways. Some people might notice how friendly you are and sometimes when adults are old, worn out, they almost can tell that the friendlier you are the more naive about the planet because pretty much the older you get the more worn out your patience is.

>I'm a student, so - basically smiling

I think smiling also might be it. I'm not sure if my advice is wrong because of the fact that I'm a guy and I think this way but smiling too much will earn you disrespect. Guys that smile a lot are just bitches usually, immature and insecure. It's one thing to smile and look like a dork all the time when you have no real reason to smile and another to laugh when something's funny. I don't know.
>>
File: longbob.jpg (60KB, 564x776px) Image search: [Google]
longbob.jpg
60KB, 564x776px
>>17534513
Pic related is my hair style.

>how friendly you are
I'm overall pretty friendly, but I guess it's a way to hide the fact that I'm awkward and shy with strangers. So I might overdo it.
With friends and family I'm much less kind, smiling and friendly because I feel no need to impress them positively
I will try to find a way to be a bit more relaxed around strangers and not smile as much.
>>
>>17534530

>I'm awkward and shy with strangers

If this is true then others will pick up on it. Can't really disguise something like that.

Is it because you don't have confidence?. do you feel they might not accept you?, disgregard you?, make fun of you?. Has this ever happened in your past?. Might be residual emotions from the way people have treated you in the past. Sometimes even parents can be very condescending.
>>
File: tumblr_my2n21bRHq1qaqu1ro1_500.gif (857KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_my2n21bRHq1qaqu1ro1_500.gif
857KB, 500x250px
>>17534532
I surely have some level of self confidence issues.
I've been overweight growing up (until I was 10 year old - 19 year old). I was overweight but proportioned, always pretty curvy but not a landwhale. I lost weight during my first year in college, but I still have the stretch marks and I just feel like the person in the mirror isn't really me. I've always kind of felt like the fat girl with the nice personality in the group.
Pic related, I guess.

I do have great friends and family. I've always been pretty successful with guys too - I think I've been single for 8 months since I was 13.

I was really shy as a child, and have always been. I just really don't know what to say. I don't know them and I don't know what can interest them. After the conversation gets going it's all cool and nice, but before that I feel awkward as fuck. I'm afraid I will bore them to death, or that they will think I'm an asshole, or whatever.
So I overdo it and I'm too friendly and nice.
I'd be friendzoned so hard if I were a guy.
>>
congratulations on winning the genetic contest

why do even come here to brag, this obviously massages your shit little ego, will do so more as time passes

you look younger than you are, this is a good thing, bragging cunt
>>
>>17534651
It is not when I'm not taken seriously at work or when my boyfriend is looked like a pedo because I look 14 and he looks 35.
>>
Grow a mustache and have chest hair crawling up your neck. It worked for me, people usually think I'm in my mid 30s and I'm in fact not much older than you.
>>
>>17535642
I think it would make things a bit confusing for everyone, since I am a girl and all.
>>
>>17534458
post pics please.

i recently turned 26 and i intern at a hospital. i get asked if i'm some kind of junior/HS volunteer. i had a lot of "guess my age" games when i was new and no one believed me.

the amount of "well, it's a good thing anon. you'll appreciate it when you're older" is pretty kek. it's like the default line people use.

i love it though. i dunno why you would want to look older.
>>
>>17534682
>Oh no there's some slight downsides coming from truly retarded people.
Oh how terrible your life must be.
>>
>>17535693
I don't want to post pics, I'm sorry.

> i dunno why you would want to look older.
I don't want to look older than I am. I want to look my age, or at least 18?
It's embarrassing when younger guys hit on me (and I'm talking 16, not 21), it makes me feel bad.
People at work take me less seriously, some old man fucking laughed at my face when I told him I was visiting him.
I also feel pretty bad for my boyfriend - he looks older and people yelled at him a few times, calling him pedophile. And we pretty much always get weird looks. I mean a 5 year age difference looks like a 15 year age difference. Someone asked me if I was travelling with my dad, one day.
>>
>>17535700
It's not like it is the biggest and most relevant problem of my existence.
I don't wake up each morning and wonder "how will I live through another day looking like a 14 year old?".
I just don't ask opinions or advice on life-changing matters on fucking 4chan.
>>
>>17535706
Alright i'll break it to you : you can't actually do shit about it. Deal with it. All the options given to you in this thread are artifices with more cons than real results. Looking excessively young can indeed be socially annoying and it could be a daily thing that you have, if that's not already the case, to take lightly to heart. For most social problems, the real solution is to stop giving a shit.
>>
Make up is a big one, especially the combination of foundation and heavy eye liner makes girls look a lot older. Downside is that it takes some skill to do that stuff and not look tacky. But virtually all "visible" (so the stuff you're really supposed to see, not a little shimmer in the corner of your eyes, neutral gloss on your lips or eyeshadow faded to a subtle hue) make up ages you.

Another part is the way you dress, especially at work. It could be that there's little room for improvement there, but if you still dress full college girl (ballet flats, jeans, t-shirts with quirky text or prints, tennis style skirts) this can make a big difference as well.
>>
>>17535872
I usually wear very little make up. Like, pretty much just mascara.
Maybe I'll try some matte foundation for work days, which I find a bit more visible than the one I use normally.

At work I wear a scrub. So not much I can do about it.
In my free time I wear plain tshirt in summer, sweaters in winter, jeans and sneakers. I'm pretty plain. Should I try something more classy?
>>
>>17534458
Are you a dude?
Try to grow a beard or any amount of facial hair.
Wear shirts.

Are you a female?
Kill yourself you dumb bitch.
>>
>>17536038
You must be a fun dude.
>>
>>17536030
Matte is another thing that makes you look older (compared to glossy products). I can't 100% put my finger on it but it has at least in part to do with a bare face (with blemishes showing, no matter how faint, a more natural blush than a full face of make up has) just looking more childlike. The effect is probably extra strong because so many adult women wear more make up than what you describe.

Try to switch the jeans for a skirt with heels or a more pantalon type of trousers (not even sure how to call this in English but you know, woolen or satin, just not denim), they are even in style. Wear heels or elegant/dressy flat shoes, sneakers won't help you look more mature.
>>
>>17535701
lol, i've had high school volunteers very obviously flirt with me. when it happens i just have to find a way to bring up my age or hint that i'm beyond high school and they usually let up. it caused two of them to double down on the flirting though which i had to get away from.

i don't find i command less respect. it becomes quickly apparent from the way i carry myself and the manner at which i speak that i'm older than i may seem. the inevitable "how old are you?" question is posed and i'm treated like any other adult. maybe you carry yourself in an immature fashion?

i can't comment on the situations with your bf. i look younger and i'm dating someone younger than me so it looks "appropriate" i suppose.

still, post pics you faggot.
>>
>>17536048
I believe I am.

I do like telling roasties what they deserve.
>>
>>17536056
I hope for your sake that you're gay.
>>
Your main problem is that you give a shit what other people think/say. Tell people to kiss your ass
>>
>>17536063
I am not, I'm completely straight and actually I despise fags.
>>
>>17536069
Well, good luck dealing with the whole loathing the people you're attracted to then. It honestly seems worth a shot to at least try guys if you ever want love.
>>
>>17536053
I do have blemishes showing, I have a very pale skin too so it's pretty evident if I have pimples and stuff.
I just can't give a shit on most days and really just go to work without make up, since my skin is pretty decent.

I don't really like skirts, I'm too clumsy and I'd probably end up showing underwear to everyone. But I will definitely try with some more elegant trousers instead of jeans, and maybe some more dressy shoes.

>>17536054
I think I am a bit bubbly/overly friendly with strangers, but I try to keep it professional with patients. I'm trying to tone it down, but I'm shy and I think it shows.
The boyfriend situation is the weirdest one. I always dated older, but lately it got really weird because he started balding a bit and he looks much older than he is.

>>17536056
Good job. You surely changed my prospective on life.
>>
File: 1471444260961.jpg (535KB, 1190x1684px) Image search: [Google]
1471444260961.jpg
535KB, 1190x1684px
>>17536081
I try not to be attracted to 3DPD females, they are all scum anyway.
I prefer 2D.

>>17536089
kys
>>
>>17536089
I feel you, I literally never wear make up accept for my single lipstick I wear to every single party ever. I don't think wearing make up is better, whether you have perfect skin or not, and I don't think it's a bad thing that you don't feel self-conscious to go out without covering everything up perfectly. But the reality is that most women don't dare to, don't want to, or have to meet expectations at work to look "professional" aka not bare-faced.

But obviously you need to feel comfortable with it too, at the end of the day.
>>
>>17536110
I do wear some BB cream sometimes, when I look like shit, but most of the time I really can't bother.
I will try to see how I look with make up. I am scared I'll just look stupid because I'm clearly bad at using it.
Thank you anyway, you've been really kind.
>>
>>17536133
If you want to have a better idea of what it looks like, just practice when you're just by yourself (make sure to do it in natural light or you won't have an accurate idea of what you look like to others) and try wearing it around your boyfriend or friends or by yourself in the house so you can grow accustomed to it before you need to face everyone at work.

Either way my last point remains though, if you feel awkward about it you won't be calm and confident which is ultimately most important. I just think it's the thing that could make the most significant difference for the first impression.

Good luck anyway and no problem at all!
>>
>>17535841
Pretty much this.

I would also like to add that if you are a white girl, just give it a few years. Looking older wont be an issue.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.