[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Cure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (84KB, 350x433px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 350x433px
I understand the irony in asking this here, but: What's the cure for Internet addiction?

I don't crave a specific type of content. I stopped using Instagram, but now I'm stuck on 4chan. News articles have been a constant.

I spend too much time on this soul-sucking iPhone. Luckily it only really cuts into my sleep time. Any advice would be much appreciated.
>>
I appreciate the concept of no one replying, forcing my first step towards net sobriety, but I'm in a bunch of threads right now anyway.
>>
Unplug yourself from reality forever, anon.
>>
>>17534344
this guy is cute but i cant get over how it looks like a plastic doll was forced into his body through his mouth and thats how he has form
>>
>>17534435
He is Robert Smith of The Cure. Help me use the Internet less. I've gone too deep
>>
>>17534453
1. make a list of things you like to do that arent technology related. if you have none, make a list of things you want to do or try.

divide your internet usage into chunks of a couple hours at a time, and sprinkle in a few activities. add more and more every week until your usage is a reasonable level. maybe youll find you dont need the internet so much along the way

2. take up a time consuming hobby, like cooking or an instrument or a laborious hobby like gardening. you can even use the internet as a learning tool, and it will become something healthy rather than obsessive

3. if youre hardcore, throw out your laptop or sell it, and rely exclusively on library internet until you get over your obsession

4. when youre using the internet, try to understand how you feel in the moment. happy? is there other things that make you happy? maybe if it makes you depressed and anxious, this will help you realize these feelings and it will be like a wake up call moment

5. get a pet or start working out. youll quickly find a lot of time goes into these things.

if you do as many of these as you can, youll def see an improvement in your wifi relationship
>>
>>17534344
1. Step away from the computer.
2. Go outside.
>>
>>17534344
If you don't have enough willpower to put your phone down, there's no point in discussing it. 99% of all people ever born grew up without the internet. Like 98% of people grew up without electricity.

You can't figure out how to get control of a piece of plastic?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.