[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am pretty mad at my girlfriend, mainly for being mad at me.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

I am pretty mad at my girlfriend, mainly for being mad at me. A couple weeks ago, I got too drunk and threw up. I cleaned the toilet, as well as the whole bathroom afterwards - not because I "had" to, but because I'm not a fucking asshole.

Two weeks go by, and she is purposefully and tactfully withholding affection. I ask her what's up, and she brings up this moment. I didn't gamble away rent money, I didn't cheat, and this is literally the second time in the 5 years we've been dating that I've puked from alcohol.

I understand that what I did was stupid and caused unnecessary worry, but it was also 1) incredibly rare for me to do and 2) completely fine in the end. I don't like being on the hook for this, and honestly I don't think this is a big enough fuck up for her to string me along for a million apologies. What should I do?
>>
What you fail to understand is that she's seen a side of you that she doesn't like. You say you've only done it once in the past, which means that she probably thought you'd grown up and gotten over the whole 'get drunk till you puke' thing, but she's mad and disappointed that you haven't.
>>
>you didn't destroy property, injure anyone else, or cause her public embarrassment and you cleaned up after

>has a problem with you but doesn't communicate it like a functioning adult would
>instead throws a tantrum and expects you to figure it out
>purposefully withholds affection to get you to do what she wants

Dude no
>>
>>17534128

Yes, I actually do understand that. Throwing up because of alcohol is really embarrassing, and trust me I was really embarrassed and ashamed. What I think is fucked up though, is now that I've gone and done something wrong, is that I'm in a perpetual state of penance.

I really think that rather than put me in the dog house for an indefinite period of time, that she should just decide whether I make the cut or not and deal with it. That is what adults do in relationships, is it not? It's not like she hasn't disappointed or ashamed me in the past, but I let these discretions and embarrassments slide because I'm not a spiteful person.
>>
>>17534127
She's not mad at you for dirtying the toilet. She's mad at you for getting that drunk.
>>
>>17534127
she's clearly cheating on you.
>>
>>17534127
>Two weeks go by, and she is purposefully and tactfully withholding affection.
Yeah I mean maybe you shouldn't be getting that drunk as a grown man or there's more to the story or something, but this in itself is a huge fucking red flag to me. This is not an acceptable nor healthy way to deal with problems in a relationship. Honestly I would call it vindictive and abusive.
>>
>>17534127
Whether or not you drink heavily or often, it sounds like you drink too much for your girl's liking. The throwing up must've been a breaking point for her.

Do you drink a lot, OP? I don't care if you do, but it sounds like Ms. OP does.
>>
>>17534127
>>17534139
I had an ex who used to do this. She had borderline personality disorder, like really bad. Dating her for a year deeply fucked my life up. Most manipulative and angry person I've ever met, and I've worked in prisons since then.

You should call her out on it. Tell her that it's not cool for her to behave and communicate like this when something's bothering her. I bet you she'll threaten to kill herself to win the argument or scream I HATE YOU or something.

There's always the chance that she just hasn't learned you can't act like that, but if she doesn't acknowledge that when you confront her about it it's time to leave.
>>
You already thought that she's mad at you for dirtying the bathroom so I'm not sure whether "tactfully withholding affection" means "neener neener not getting any" or that senseless drunkards simply turn her off.
>>
>>17534338
I'm pretty sure it's option C: "intentionally acting cold and bitchy to keep someone groveling for 14+ days over a pretty minor infarction instead of talking about it like an adult" which is what OP seems to be upset about.
>>
>>17534127
You talked to her before coming to 4chan, right?
>>
>>17534127
>not because I "had" to, but because I'm not a fucking asshole.
You kind of had to - who the fuck throws up and then feels like he doesn't "have" to clean his fucking puke and the room he puked in.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.