[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Architects in the Navy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (413KB, 3186x1792px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
413KB, 3186x1792px
Hey guys.
>be me, 23, male US

I've just graduated this year with a Bachelors in Architecture, have acquired an internship, and am about to start paying off my loans in six months as any other grad.

I've been massaging the idea of joining the navy, as I love the sea and want to serve a greater purpose in my country -- as well as being trained in an environment that promotes betterment of self.

Am I looking in the right direction, as an aspiring architect that wants to serve his country as well as getting experience? Not as important , but does anyone know the benefits?

--my favorite architect, Paul Rudolph served in the Navy and I feel it's one of the things that encouraged him to be resilient.
>>
File: Wine.png (130KB, 650x551px) Image search: [Google]
Wine.png
130KB, 650x551px
Only if you will be an officer upon joining.
>>
>>17534090
Good point, my mother said with a degree, you're already an officer.
>>
File: image.jpg (209KB, 1301x1301px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
209KB, 1301x1301px
Bamp
>>
>>17534085
Officers don't take much of their degree in.
OCS molds them to a proper type.

I'm joining up now with an English degree. A faggot degree, I know. I fuckin know.

But I have good grades to the military will have me.

Look, what trade did you sign up for?
Trades matter.
You take electrical engineering? Maybe you go Nuke.

For me, I go Intel because I can read people.
>>
>>17534098
Lol no, you have to go through selection. Then, if you're selected, you will become an officer.
>>
>>17534098
Your mother is stupid and shouldn't discuss, let alone give advice about, things she does not know
>>
>>17534116
Unless you have a background as an enlisted in intelligence, you have no assurance whatsoever you will be an intelligence officer. You will get your Corp designation during OCS and that will be based on what is available and luck of the draw.

>I can read people

Lol, idiot. You are in for a huge disappointment when you find it what officers do.
>>
>>17534136
Maybe.
Probably.

I took my tests and they told me I was "competitive".
Like if there 20 applicants, I'd be in that 20.

I don't care really.
I just want to be done with my own responsibility
>>
>>17534137
Recruiters are like car salesman; once you sign the contract you are no longer their concern.

I am admittedly not familiar with all the details of officer testing, but in other federal offices, 'competitive' means you only get called up if enough 'highly competitive' applicants decline their offers.
>>
>>17534141
I can't say either way.
I had to go chase down anyone with a fucking armband to tell me what was going on.

They looked it up and told me that I was "competitive" but I need to wait for my trade to open.
At least till the new year.

Honestly, if so, I'd like to take it again. Nigga, they asked for fucking high school fractions shit. I can do that in my sleep if I remembered it.
Fuck, they say I won't supposed to say that.
>>
>>17534145
Are you talking about the asvab? You have to appear before a board for a recommendation to OCS.
>>
>>17534151
We just call it "aptitude" in my country.
I'd love to go before a board but they fucking tell me I need to wait.

I have a 3.99 grade. Surely I mean something.
>>
Doesn't matter what job or what rate you pick, you're going to hate your life here in the Navy.

Be smart and actively look for a job outside of this shitty branch. You will gain nothing. This isn't me being pessimistic, it's the truth. Not a single person here on my ship wants to be in the service.
>>
>>17534170
My dad served on a Navy ship 25 years ago
He was AirForce.
Did weather for the squid birds.

When he came back, I was just 2 years old. He says that my little wee eyes cried and cried. I was scared of him. And he cried. He was a new dad and his only son was afraid of him.

That's why you should never Navy.
And also the sodomy
>>
>>17534178
Why does the navy take Marines aboard their ships?

Because sheep would be to obvious.

In all seriousness, I imagine life on a ship sucks. I was army and worked joint service and the navy ('shore duty') had it the best.
>>
Thanks for the help lads

I was looking into the University of New Orleans' Nautical architecture masters program. Seems pretty good. I just wanted to see if active service in the Navy would have more benefits than being in another potentially liberalized school.

But who am I kidding, military is wearing high heels.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.