[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do I do with a bad friend?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1429557504670-2.png (19KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1429557504670-2.png
19KB, 1920x1080px
I've been friends with someone for years now. He was a really cool dude who was there for me in a few rough spots and I've returned the favor. For the past few months though, he's turned into this awful, negative, angry and just all around bad friend.

His constant negativity always makes me feel like shit. He does the whole joke insult thing but always takes it way too far and if I ever say anything, he pulls the "im just kidding, pussy" shit, he started insulting some of my friends that I've been hanging out with behind my back/causing drama with them for no reason and constantly acts like he's right no matter what and just calls anyone who disagrees with him a cuck.

I'm just tired of this. I'm not the only one who's sick of it either and I know a lot of people who gave up on him at this point since he doesn't see anything wrong with the way he acts. We originally planned on motivating each other to become better people and although I've managed to get a better life for myself, he doesn't want to change anything. All he does is come up with excuses as to why it isn't his fault the way he is.

I don't hate this guy but he's just insufferable right now and I've tried to help him but he won't make the effort on his end to help himself. I don't want to just cut contact but I don't know what else to do. What should I do?
>>
>>17533149
Stop being such a pussy, cuck
>>
>>17533158
fuck you pegasus
>>
>>17533158
>>17533161
jk pham, you cool nigga
>>
File: 1473020997576.jpg (2MB, 2173x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1473020997576.jpg
2MB, 2173x3000px
>>17533161
Blog more with your gay self

I bet you can't even dps
>>
>>17533149
You are under no obligation to keep contact with this person. Life is too short to hang out with assholes.
>>
I think largely in analogies, and I think about my relationships in this weird way. I kind of think of everyone I love as a pet, and my social circle as a farmhouse. And only the people I know and love get to stay in the house with me. My boyfriend, my sister. My mom was in the house for a while, but I emotionally moved her to the porch after she started getting a little crazy. Momcat can sleep on the porch, but she can't come into my house to fuck shit up. Dadcat got moved to the barn, farther away, but still where I can check on him. I check in less often, he can take care of himself. Meanwhile, the really shitty people in my life who kept breaking back into the house got given away.

Maybe I sound insane, but it's the way I visualize who I keep close to me. Who do I let fuck up my emotions, my home?

Move your friend to the porch. If he fucks up the porch, move him to the barn so he has some time to figure shit out. If that doesn't work, give him to the pound and let his new owners deal with him.
>>
>>17533176
hang yourself pegasus.
>>
>>17533213
Essentially what I'm saying is-- care less. You don't have to cut him out of your life, but you can make him less of a constant presence. Move him further and further away. If he gets better, he can come closer. If he gets so bad that he causes damage even from a distance, cut ties.
>>
File: fluffy.jpg (65KB, 436x526px) Image search: [Google]
fluffy.jpg
65KB, 436x526px
>>17533215
My life is pretty sweet, don't know why I'd want to do that
>>
>>17533220
Stay fluffy, door cat
>>
>>17533217
That's not a bad plan. I could look past how shitty he's been for the last little while but I realized just how badly he's been hurting my mental state. I don't want to sound like a whiny faggot but I've been suicidal (something I've had to see a psychiatrist and take medication for) for months and his constant negativity probably made it way worse than it already was
>>
File: tumblr_nik52geaRn1ql9w5oo1_1280.jpg (217KB, 1136x598px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nik52geaRn1ql9w5oo1_1280.jpg
217KB, 1136x598px
>>17533241
Doing any better?
>>
>>17533220
stay fluffy
>>
People come and go.
Keep moving forward. If he wants to come, he can. Otherwise, he'll get left behind. Nothing you can do. Let him stew.
>>
>>17533469
I guess that's my only real choice
>>
>>17533149
He's being a bitter fuck because something is ruining him inside 24/7. It's going to take a toll on you as well, but if you really want to help your friend instead of cutting ties with him, empathize. If you allow yourself to slowly and progressively get a hold of what he is going through emotionally, he'll eventually start leaving his guard more open around you, which allows you to finally get through his emotional defenses to work on an actual solution to his problems.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.