[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Distorted, annoying fear that I'm going to be alone forever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

>22f
>american/californian (blah)
>never been in a relationship (or even close)

>ethnic background (but I've been called every background in the book)
>been told that I look like everything from amal clooney to kim k (just assume the general americanized 'ethnic' look)
>im trying to simplify this ok
>dont ask for pics
>lets call me an 8/10

>I'm educated
>friends think i have a great sense of humor
>tend make friends easily
>go on dates
>never feel genuinely good vibes
>deathly boring, the guys tend to be relatable enough, but I don't see a 'spark' of any kind. everything is predictable to me
>have a lot of actual guy friends (**cue jokes on that that are not true), find them more conversationally interesting

>been dwelling on this a lot

>really like/wouldnt mind living alone since im just a simple bitch who values: books, teas, maybe having a dog, a small apt (cliche as FUCK, I know), good friends/company, good drink
>i dont even think that i care about sex nearly as much as everyone else my age does
>i KNOW i sound like a fucking hippie that is dragging the 'anti-cliches' along but im being 100% serious

>however

>I'm having 'FOMO' feeling that I might be missing on something great bc I'm not valuing/putting more effort into being in a relationship/having sex, etc

>does that even make sense?

please help. any input appreciated.
>>
You're not like other girls, right? That's the whole vibe I'm getting from your post.
>>
>>17532655
>>dont ask for pics

post pics you faggot. who the fuck do you think you are?
>>
>>17532655
You're too self absorbed.

inb4 gentle touch white knights appear.
>>
>>17532655
>dont ask for pics
>lets call me an 8/10

Nice try.

You're either ugly or a land whale. Anyway there a ton of decent looking betafags out there who wouldn't mind dating you but I think the problem is that your expectations and standards are high.
>>
>>17532664
No, that's not what I was trying to say/imply. And if it is, then it is definitely a burden to not have these socially normative qualities since it def puts me out of touch with people my age
>>
>>17532676
are you a virgin too?
>>
>>17532674
I can post a pic but not of my face. I'm not going to post a fucking picture of my face on the internet ok
>>
As far as I'm concerned pics or you're a 49 year old hairy bald guy. Anyone could type this shit. Can't tell someone's personality through a thread and why they type. Anyone could Google info and seem legit anon. My tip for you, don't eat the yellow snow
>>
File: images (2).jpg (22KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
22KB, 384x384px
>>17532682
Sure, you can blur your face but we won't be able to tell if you're really an 8/10. I'll be waiting.
>>
File: 1469894424504.png (721KB, 830x987px) Image search: [Google]
1469894424504.png
721KB, 830x987px
>>17532655
>>lets say I'm an 8/10
>>
>>17532655
Just relax a bit, if you aren't ready for a relationship you aren't ready. If you want to drop out and bury yourself in books do it. I would try to expand outside your ordinary social group. You don't have to date or even be friends but new acquaintances. A greater mix allows much different perspectives.
>>
>>17532676
So you are implying that you're not like other girls?
>>
>>17532655
CAfag here, I'll date you OP
>>
>>17532707
Well here comes the betaknights
>>
>>17532711
I'll date you too faggot ;^)
>>
>>17532655

Everything about your post, from your picture to how you type screams:

>I'm a special snowflake and I cover up my egotistical, shallow personality by being self-deprecating and not allowing anyone to point out anything wrong with me.

You type like you're still in high school. No, you won't be alone if you decide to finally fuck a guy. You want to live out one of your love stories where a guy comes out of nowhere and is the most unique, hot guy to ever exist in the universe and everything he does is unpredictable, perfect and you never get bored.

Life isn't like that at all. You're living in a delusion. You're eventually going to settle because people need to feel loved and need to have sex. Sex feels really fucking good. You are missing out. Good luck.
>>
File: 1470722906118.png (55KB, 248x314px) Image search: [Google]
1470722906118.png
55KB, 248x314px
>>17532714
This thread
>>
>>17532719
not OP but I disagree. Sounds to me she is bored with the same ole programmed shit and it's not very stimulating. The world's an awesome place filled with the incredible but it won't come to you, you gotta explore on your own. She needs to blow that town and travel.
>>
>>17532719
I am not egotistical for many reasons that I can fucking cite. I am not fucking special in any way. I have had a history of low self esteem, depression, and anxiety that I have since 'gotten over' and it has humbled me and allowed me the capacity to see the word in a less 'shallow' manner. You type like you're in HS, considering how much shit and how many exaggerated assumptions you threw at me.
>>
>>17532719
Basically what this anon said. Learn to settle.

You sound incredibly out of touch with yourself OP.
>>
>>17532697
Yeah, I think I may need to just make new friends and just let life live itself through me instead of trying to control it/be frustrated with it/making it relative to other's lives so much.
>>
>>17532735
You're only really just validating what that anon was saying, you've just added a "I've dealt with adversity so I'm better than other people" element to it
>>
>>17532739
Could you explain what you mean by 'out of touch?'
>>
Now what I'm getting at is it the fucking internet and 4chan xD the best advice you can get is from people you know who are closest to you. Not an anon thread xD y'all excuse me I'm getting my shit posting on. Shit doesn't even make any sense.
>>
>>17532746
Regardless of what you say, I truly do not feel that I am better than anyone. I don't know why what I said has to make me part of some ego competition. I appreciate your input regardless.
>>
>>17532742
yep. I forced myself to step out of my boring comfortable life and put myself in front of people that were not like me. We have things in common but much more we do not. Not many dull conversations for sure.
>>
>>17532754
Part of your failure to get a relationship can be attributed to how you come across, I promise you. No one wants to date someone who's head is that far up their own ass.
>>
>>17532752
>>17532752
You're right but I tend to keep to myself and am obvs not seeking life/death advice from 4chan. LOL. I just wanted input as to whether or not what I was saying/feeling was normative from a generational perspective. Thanks anyways ahaha
>>
lots of talking. no pics.

OP is likely a teenage closeted male. nothing to see here.
>>
>>17532763
Not not flexible but I assure you, your opinions are taken into consideration
>>
>>17532747
Just the fact that you talk like you have some thorough understanding of yourself but yet you still ask if you should put more effort into finding a relationship.

Relationships (healthy ones) aren't something you have to try to find. If they were, humanity would have died out a long time ago. Focus on doing things you're interested in but at the same time maintain a healthy social life to allow yourself some opportunities. The 'tryhard' dating scene is typically going to be boring so stay away from it nerd.
>>
File: save.jpg (22KB, 350x472px)
save.jpg
22KB, 350x472px
>>17532772
LOL. I literally have no photos loaded on my iCloud rn minus some a few snapchats. I'm too lazy to blur out my face so snip tooled
>>
>>17532761
thx anon. glad to hear it worked
>>
>>17532779
Assuming that really is you, you dress like a thot
>>
>>17532779
This pic is useless without a time stamp
>>
>>17532784
It was from a night out.

>>17532778

thx 4 your input anon. Yeah the 'tryhard' dating scene pins it down for me....it's people who were reallllly looking too hard. ahaha. True true.
>>
>>17532781
have you traveled much? if not do it. I now have friends all over the the US but more importantly the world. I visit them and they visit me. I moved away from my hometown and it is liberating.
>>
>>17532802
Yeah, I've traveled quite a lot and made a lot of friends that way. Those are the kind of connections I find the most fulfilling...and I do have that scenario as well of 'i visit them/they visit me.'
>>
>>17532779
Wait so are you a virgin? Or just haven't had a relationship? Body is definitely decent though
>>
>>17532655
You seem a bit immature and superficial,
from this post.
Try to know yourself better, to understand tor personality deeper and go out of your comfort zone - explore the world, read, pick a new interest.
Use this as a chance to grow up.
Be more reflective.
>>
File: YOULOSE.jpg (62KB, 750x600px)
YOULOSE.jpg
62KB, 750x600px
>>17532779
>push up from top
>iPhone
>old woman hands
>ugly ass nail polish
>fat tummy

Wouldn't even look twice at
>>
>>17532824
Can you explain why though? Like what specific things did I say that make me look immature/superficial? I'm curious.
thx for your input anon
>>
>>17532831
That makes me moist I'm flattered
>>
Would the typical older than 20 year old heterosexual female non virgin who has never been in a relationship, be the equivalent to an older than 20 year old male heterosexual virgin, in regards to their general failure at romantic relations with the opposite sex?
>>
>>17532655
The reason why you're alone is because your standards are unrealistically high. Get over yourself and learn your place, sweetie.

You could probably get a partner within 3 days if you shot for what you really can get.
>>
>>17532833
Don't get me wrong - maybe everything I am going to say is bullshit.
I feel like you do things that you enjoy (the bits about reading, or living alone, etc) without having a reasoning, a philosophy, a motif behind it. You adapt to trendy things without having a clear, defined image of who you are.

I think that what changed it for me was becoming very self aware, doing things I enjoyed with understanding of the reasons why I enjoyed them, being truly myself instead of focusing on superficial stuff.
Knowing myself better, I met someone who made sense for me - we clicked on this deep, emotional level and it was perfect from the beginning.
>>
>>17532655
Enjoy your 20 cats op :^)
>>
>>17532833
You sound like you do things just so you can say you're 'different from other girls'. You seem to have a HUGE "I'm not like other girls" attitude
>>
>>17532847
that's deep
>>17532859
thx 4 ur input
>>
>>17532779

lol 22 my ass you look like a mid 30s mom
>>
>>17532655
>never been in a relationship (or even close)
>lets call me an 8/10
No, let's call you a liar.
>>
>>17532779
You dont seem like an 8 you are probably just average.
>>
>>17532939
boobs/10
>>
>Hurr I'm an 8/10

I don't take anyone seriously, male or female, who rates themselves on a number system.

Your personality probably sucks, but even then I'm sure there are desperate guys out there willing enough to overlook this, but you probably also have too high standards for them.
>>
>>17532655
Hey anon, if this is legit, good luck but I don't think you'll find what you're looking for here. A lot of people on this board don't give great advice, and more importantly, are really distespectful toward women. It's probably not gonna go well for you.
Wish I could help but I am younger and in a similar position
>>
>>17532655
I'm Californian and was down until
>ethnic background
Good luck, brownie
>>
File: postingfrommexicocity.jpg (138KB, 625x400px) Image search: [Google]
postingfrommexicocity.jpg
138KB, 625x400px
>>17532989

I'm sure she's just missing out big time.
>>
>>17532969
thank you anon and agreed.
best of luck to you as well.
>>
>>17532989
Is Cali nice? I've never been there ;( lucky duck
>>
>>17533013
Not him, but am a cali native. Allow me to help:

Pros:
>great sun
>a good chunk of greenery in most areas
>it's Mexico if it was good
>nice little neighborhoods here and there
>diverse amount of people, meaning you are guaranteed to have a buddy if you choose to
>not too many places are in bumfuck nowhere, there's most times a market square or at worst: a mini mart 15 minutes away
>easy world if you're outgoing and charismatic

Cons:
>expensive as fuck
>hotter than hell if you're in the summer
>diverse amounts of people, taking 10% of the country's populace altogether
>if you're not even slightly social, you'll be eaten alive here
>job opportunities are slim pickins for the most part
>ghettos here almost as bad as Philidelphia's.
>>
>>17533013
It's expensive, crowded, and filled with liberals. I'm not fond, but my family lives here, and I have a good career I wouldn't be able to do elsewhere, so it is what it is. On the plus side, the variety of food and things to do is great.

>>17533006
>everyone who doesn't race mix is a fat fedora
Shill harder, Shlomo
>>
>>17532655
First off you should learn how to green text, second of all you need to stop giving a fuck about the normies expectations of you and do whatever the fuck you want to do
>>
>>17533013
The other two anons summed it up pretty well. I like the weather closer to the coast, it's very diverse which is a pro and a con, but there's liberals everywhere and it doesn't seem too fun if you're introverted
>>
>>17532655

It's pretty simple just date a guy and see if you have fun if you don't just dump him and return to your lifestyle, if you like it stick around until you don't and then either work on it until you like it, leave, or suffer in miserable limbo because he's become a parasite convinced his only path to happiness is through you.
>>
>>17532779
you look big and not a good shape except the cleavage
>>
>>17533611
That's because the cleavage is a push up bra. They do miracles for even itty bitty titties
>>
>>17533617
she definitely ain't an 8, more like a 6
>>
>>17533630
Yeah, her body's nothing special, that's for sure.
>>
>>17532655
If it happens, it happens. Focus on improving yourself. If you want to meet potential mates go to events you like. Music festival that has a band you like, dog park, etc.
>>
>>17533661
she needs to work on that stomach and big thighs
>>
>>17532655
You sound self-absorbed and boring. You may not be finding your Disney spark because believe it or not, you have to hold up your end of an actual relationship no matter what shit people say to you on tinder.
>>
what are your hobbies?
>>
File: 1409344784769.jpg (7KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
1409344784769.jpg
7KB, 267x200px
>>17532779

>2000 + 16
>colored nails

/trash
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.