[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About a month ago I had the worst string of panic attacks in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: reasons to live.jpg (54KB, 273x767px) Image search: [Google]
reasons to live.jpg
54KB, 273x767px
About a month ago I had the worst string of panic attacks in my life. I couldn't stop shaking for nearly 2 days, got nauses and vomited. I was convinced I had brain cancer. Ehat rlse could explain my tinnitus, headaches and wierd vision problems /s. When I went to the doctor and had abnormal liver enzymes (AST 67 ALT 94) I was convinced it was the end. The cancer had spread to my liver from my brain.

I got another liver test and came back normal, saw a neurologist and be said it's all anxiety.

I saw a psychiatrist on the 8th and started cymbalta. Since then I haven't been able to shake the feeling that I'm loosing it. Everything feels like a dream. Sometimes I have a hard time sorting my memories. Confusing some dream memories with real life. Last night I had a vivid nightmare and was upset for a few minutes, it took me two minutes to realize it was all a dream

I'm also having existential issues. Why am I here, what is the point, am I going crazy, society is so fragile, life is so fragile...

Today I was driving home and on my way I saw a mailbox and firehydrant. In the corner of my eye. I was sure it was a person about to step in the road. Like 99%. When I looked at it for a second I realized it was just a mailbox

I have had this happen before. I've also had delusions of medical problems. I was convinced I had a brain tumor a while back.
I also have small sparks or flashes light in my vision ocassionally, especially when moving my head. I have had it looked at my an Opthomoligist and they said my eyes are fine.

Could this be the start of schizophrenia
>>
>>17532638
Hypochondriac.
>>
Perhaps a brian tumor or schizophenia/psycosis.
>>
Wishful thinking on my part, naw just off in the head a tad bit. I can act like a person when I need to, when I feel like it
>>
>>17532758
This fucker is not OP
>>
Sounds like schizo to me
>>
File: 1397441462911.jpg (388KB, 1400x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1397441462911.jpg
388KB, 1400x1024px
>>17532638
OP here, anyone else?
>>
Jesus, OP, can I hug you? You're going through some weird stuff
>>
>>17533473
I know man I should bleach
>>
It's schizophrenia
>>
>>17532638
Everything you're talking about is anxiety. Severe, sure, but this isn't even in the same neighborhood as psychotic symptoms.
>>
>>17533813
I would agree except the OP says he sees flashes of light
>>
File: 1471479436624.gif (1MB, 367x330px) Image search: [Google]
1471479436624.gif
1MB, 367x330px
>>17532638

Anxietyfag here.

I went through literally the exact same thing, anon.

I stopped smoking weed when I was around 21 and I developed these insane panic attacks where out of nowhere I'd get dizzy and sick for days. I was convinced I was dying.

Long story short I struggled with it for many years, taking medication and not taking medication and thinking there was something wrong with my heart, I had cancer, and for a few months I was convinced I was developing diabetes.

Anxiety can royally fuck every part of your body. A constant rush of adrenaline like that can give you muscle aches, chest pains, dizziness, vision distortion, nausea, head fog, paranoia, feelings of dread and doom. It can literally shut your body down.

Let me just tell you. You're okay. You're going to be okay. It takes a long time but you have to find the combination of things that help curb your anxiety.

For me it was a specific brain healthy diet, exercise, meditation, therapy and always carrying an emergency dizziness medication and half a tab of Xanax on me just so I feel safe going anywhere, knowing that if I have a massive panic attack I have a pill in my pocket that will save me.

You're not dying. You don't have schizophrenia. You're suffering from a panic disorder and I'm here to tell you you're not alone. I went through the same exact thing, word for word, and in the end I take care of it little by little everyday by letting myself believe that I am going to be okay. It works for me.

Find what works for you, just don't underestimate the power that anxiety can have over your entire body and your life. It took me a long time to finally believe that 8 different disorders weren't responsible for my constant health problems and that my constant anxiety was making me actually physically ill.
>>
>>17534027
Op here. I was a daily smoker and stopped 3 months ago. That might have been what triggered it. I'm also 21.
>>
>>17534027
And thank you. Knowing that other people have gone through the same thing helps. Even though it still sucks ass.

Why can't I just be a normie.
>>
>>17534053
>>17534050
>>17534027

I've had the exact same things. dizzyness. Nausea, convinced myself I had metastasized lymphoma and would vomit and be sick for days with no symptoms besides what I felt. Bloodwork fine, scans fine.

Anxiety is fucking scary and incredibly powerful.

Like other annon said, a short acting benzo is great for the OCCASIONAL panic episode. If you stop it before it snowballs into week long panic binges then it wont get as bad. Consider an SSRI for long term use.

Stay far away from weed.

In regards to the flashes, everyone gets them. Most people ignore them, you're being hyper vigillant and noticing normal shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (537KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
537KB, 1080x1920px
>>17534073
>>17534027
>>17534050

Are you guys me? Had the same thing happen after I quit weed at age 22. Crazy anxiety, 110% sure I was dying.
I'm curious if the weed caused it or if it was self medication and would have happened anyways.

I still haven't figured out how to handle it, but it's gotten better. OP it is never worse than the first major attack.
>>
Sounds like schizpphrenia or possibly a
Brain tumor on your perehieral lobe
>>
>>17532638
>>17534027
>>17534073
>>17534096
Literally exactly my experience with anxiety... Just... Wow.
Feels good to relate to some strangers. Didn't realize so many people go through this same shit. Wish you all the best.
P.S. Healthy diet and daily exercise did wonders for my anxiety in all forms. Also, never looking up symptoms on the internet.
>>
The flashes are hallucination s open urban gunna die
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.