[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Significant other problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Hey /adv/ I've been with my girlfriend for four years now. We've lived together for three of those years and since we've lived together I've been trying to get her to not be a slob and actually help me clean up. Now we're living in a house and she still hasn't done any of what I've been asking of her. Sometimes she'll do it for a few days but it's only because it takes her a few days to do a couple tasks. When she does things most of the time she shortcuts to the point where sometimes it's worse than before and I'm left to clean it up. I've had enough and I've talked with her about this on so many occasions that I'm tearing my head out at this point.

She also hates this specific friend of mine, who is also a part of a project I started. She's also a part of the project so Everytime we talk and I mention said friend she always makes patronizing comments or just talks down about them. This is another thing I've talked to her about on multiple levels and last time she said something I had to catch myself from slapping her because I'm so tired of her attitude about this one person. (Just some background, we all met at the same time so I know that this friend has done nothing to harbor any of these negative feelings my girlfriend has toward her)

I'm not sure if any advice at this point will help but God damn has this frustration built up over the years, typing all of this out helps if anything.

To;dr - I just wish I knew how to get my girlfriend to do more than just paying her portion of the bills and shut her mouth about a friend who she hates for no reason.
>>
>>17531988
My threads never get any replies. I think I'm just going to kill myself so my mom can have the house. Insurance will give her enough to pay it and my car off, with hopefully some left over to cover a cremation or whatever is cheapest. See you guys never.
>>
>>17532162
Maybe stop being such a whiny fucking bitch and she might respect you.
>>
>>17531988

It might be that she genuinely has quite a low standard of cleanliness and although she means well, she just isn't aware of how to successfully manage a household.

Have you tried writing some kind of schedule for you to follow? Something clear and concise that you can put up on the fridge or somewhere she'll see it and be reminded of what she has to do and on what day?

It depends on how much you want to hold her hand through the whole thing. I'm assuming you're both adults...this could be behaviour that she'll find extremely difficult to change. Nobody likes to spend hours tidying up but if you learn to tidy as you go along, you don't need to commit much time to it. Once she realises this and gets into the habit of tidying regularly, she might change.

If she still doesn't change, you just need to tell her that you can't continue living in a shithole and she needs to stop being so disgusting.

In regards to your friend, it's obvious why she doesn't like her - she's female. More than likely jealousy. Without more information, it's difficult to comment any further but again, it's something you really need to discuss with her.

Boss Level - tell this other girl that your girlfriend has said these things while they're in the same room and watch the sparks fly.
>>
>>17532223
why are you defending her? I bet you're a pain in the ass girl just like she is.
>>
>>17531988
If she's a mess and it's effecting your life tell her to sort her shit out. Tell her it's important, clearly it is, and that you need her to do this for you. Ask her to make the effort. Be nice about it. If she doesn't then she's just disrespecting you.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.