[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (44KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 500x375px
How do I meet friends and go to parties?

I have so many "friends" on fb, that are now in U I and they're posting pictures of them at parties and the only things I post are shared public posts of different pages.

I'm at community college, so I don't relate talk to other people in my class. How do I get out and find friends that like to go out and do stuff?
>>
>>17531514
I had no friends, but I have a GF.
This summer I met some friends of my GF and then I met other friends and others and others. Now I go out everyday.
>>
>>17531524
That's kind of part two of my *problem*

There is this girl I really like and we're friends on fb. We have a complicated history, but were never together. She goes to a big uni and always posts pictures of her out and with friends. I want to catch her attention again and think le posting stuff will help. Then if we can be together, I can meet new people.

Note: I am not trying to use her for connections. I genuinely like her as a person, it's just a bonus I can meet a lot of cool people when I'm with her.
>>
>>17531536

Can I be mean for a second? I will be either way.

You want to get out, to catch this chicks eye, to get friends to walk out. You are planning to use people and your logic is circular.

Poor life plans, buddy, really poor.
>>
>>17531565
At the same time, I have/or wish to get into a lot of hobbies that I don't have anyone to do with.

Camping, hiking, outdoors stuff, volunteering, shooting, educational stuff(going to museums, art exhibits, lecture, etc)

I'm just lonely, man. Perhaps that has skewed my priorities.
>>
>>17531598

How about your classmates? No one there is at least kinda friendly?
>>
>>17531605
Not really. I've met a couple people, but it's mostly just homework talk and nothing very substantial.

I'm transferring to a 4 year next fall, and I think since everyone is all there together everyday, it will be easier to meet people.

I consider myself a nice guy, I always try to make conversation, especially with those who seem like they want to but aren't sure how. I've been there and know how it feels so I try to include loners like myself.
>>
>>17531619

If you are transferring, don't waste much more time with the people here.

Sadly, there are no pointers to making small talk. Either someone tries to talk to you, or you try to talk to someone. One of you has to "take the risk".

"The risk" being the other person not being interested. It's not that bad, right?
>>
>>17531627
Yeah, of course. I always go out of my way to be welcoming and stuff.

Actually making friends isn't that hard for me now, but it's just the opportunity to.

Like I said, I go to community college, and I also work part time but I work with ambulances so it's all older, older people I work with.

Where else can I meet people?
>>
>>17531640

Personal advise, don't take up a hobby *to* meet people. Do what you like, and if you meet someone friendly there, great!

Just don't "plan" on meeting people. You only set yourself up for disappointment that way. Have fun, and you'll meet people without trying.
>>
>>17531671
Hmm, good idea. Thanks lad.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.