[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BODY HYGIENE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: preuzmi.jpg (111KB, 1160x629px) Image search: [Google]
preuzmi.jpg
111KB, 1160x629px
I'm 19 years old, male, and I don't really know much about lotions, creams and stuff like that.

Need advice on which creams are good, which body lotion to use, solid aftershaves and things like that.

Thanks in advance, /adv/.
>>
>>17531039
mineral oil / baby oil can be used universally for those purpose. Shaving with baby oil is awesome, also really good when you are taking dicks too
>>
>>17531052
Seriously? I'll keep it in mind, thanks.
>>
regular cold showers.
Heat dries the skin, even if said heat comes from water.
>>
>>17531056
Thanks, I did some digging and I've found that cold showers are pretty useful. How much will it take me to get used to cold?
>>
>>17531059
It's really just the first few seconds until your whole body is wet that are a little uncomfortable. I get used to it really quickly
Doesn't necessarily need to be freezing cold.
>>
cold showers daily with shower gel
basic teeth brushing
basic cologne or perfume before going out
shave with razor, even if you have a beard take care of it by shaving the edges so it's smooth.

Nothing else and I have a smoking hot gf as an 120 kg fat guy.
>>
>>17531109
Thanks, anon.
>>
You could start off with a hot shower then after you habe cleaned your self lower the temperature.
>>
>>>/fa/
>>
>>17531322
If I'm not mistaken, which I'm not, this is a board where you get advice.
>>
>>17531039
You're supposed to use topicals to achieve some sort of desired effect. We can't give you advice if we don't know what your problem is. There's not a one size fits all solution.
>>
>>17531052
Baby oil on me causes acne breakouts, blackheads and pimples.
>>
>>17531568
I don't have a problem per se, I'm just not that experienced with stuff like creams and lotions, so my question was for you guys to help me out what is good to use for a 19 year old male.
>>
scentless antiperspirant + cologne
Not deodorant, especially not spray-ons.
>>
>>17531594
Lubriderm lotion, any deodorant that's proven to last all day, shave like a normal human being would and you'll be fine.
Brush your teeth thoroughly and floss at least once a day and your breath will stay fresh. Also watch what you eat. Do some googling on what works and is proven.
>>
>>17531623
>>17531634
Thanks.
>>
>>17531039
You don't need anything but soap, deodorant and maybe dandruff shampoo. All the rest is wasted money.
>>
>>17531704
Really? How so?
>>
This is all highly dependent on your skin type and whether or not you're allergic to anything. Also, what you do can depend on what you WANT to smell like.

Always try to apply lotion to a clean body. I recommend getting something in a squeeze tube or with a pump; open tubs can get contaminated. After a shower I typically just start off applying lotion to my limbs - my arms and legs - since those tend to dry out faster, then I rub whatever is left over on the rest of me.

There are different kinds of lotions for the body and face. Some people use body lotion for everything, but I find body lotion to be too heavy for my face. Just something to be aware of when reading labels.

If you want to wear perfume/cologne, try finding a neutral-smelling lotion so the smells don't mix. Always apply scent after the lotion.

Popular stores that seem geared towards women also sell products for men (unless you're secure in your masculinity and don't mind smelling a little flowery). Bath & Body works has dude smells, but generally stores will always carry neutral/unscented lotions if you just want moisturizing properties and no scent. Lotion is wonderful; it keeps your skin hydrated and also forms a protective barrier.

Also be aware of terms. Body butter is different from body lotion which is different from body oil. Body butter is MUCH thicker.

My current personal favorite is this: https://www.victoriassecret.com/beauty/all-body-care/shea-hydrating-body-lotion-victorias-secret-body-care?ProductID=255035&CatalogueType=OLS

I tend to like anything with shea in it, scent and feel-wise. It has its own neutral, yet warm scent, so it's good for either gender.
>>
>>17531840
Thanks for helping, anon. This comment is really helpful!
>>
>>17531840
Stores like B&BW, Ulta, etc. will always have small lotion testers for you to smell in the bottle and to apply a dab to your skin. Feel free to experiment and find what formulas and scents work for your skin. When it comes to scent, skin chemistry can differ radically between individuals, so something that smells great on someone else may not smell good on you.

Your best bet is probably to start off with a common, neutral-smelling lotion to find what feels and works best on your skin. Jergens is a good brand to start with.
>>
>>17531851
Np, happy to help! Sorry for the mish-mash, feel free to ask more questions. And I do disagree with >>17531704 but I see where he's coming from. I wouldn't say lotion is a "need," but it's definitely helpful in a lot of ways. If you live in a cold climate, it will help with super dry, itchy skin. If you live somewhere more humid, you probably don't need it.

For someone who works heavily with their hands or is on their feet all day, lotion can be a life-saver. I was a dog washer for 5 years and my hands got FUCKED up from being submerged 5+ hours a day and from all the soaps we used. My knuckles would crack and bleed, and lotion helped immensely. You should see my husband's feet right when he gets home from work (retail manager, on his feet 9+ hours a day) and after I rub them with some shea lotion after he showers. Night and day difference, and it makes him feel better.
>>
>>17531871
How much is all this gonna cost me and how long will it last? Thanks for being so helpful.
>>
File: 1971otk9noyiojpg.jpg (51KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
1971otk9noyiojpg.jpg
51KB, 636x358px
>>17531871
Depends on what brand you buy, how much product is in it, and how much you use and how often you use it.

The one I linked you to above is 12 fl oz and probably cost me $15 when I bought it, but that's because I bought it at VS. I've been using it for... 7, 8 months now? and still have about 1/4 left with near-daily use. You don't need to use much. I do 1 pump per leg, then 1 pump for both my arms.

This basic lotion at Ulta (http://www.ulta.com/shea-butter-moisturizer?productId=xlsImpprod6430371) is $7 for 17 fl oz. If you don't get super fancy stuff, it's not too expensive, and most commercial lotions last about 12 months. Most cosmetics will have a small logo somewhere on them with how long they'll be good. Pic related.
>>
>>17531999
Those trips, nice.

Also, thanks for another informative comment, femanon. You've been really helpful today, thanks!

Enjoy the rest of your day! ^^
>>
>>17531039
Bar of basic non-scented soap is best I find - 24M. I stopped using moisturizer because my skin is pretty oily on its own and this causes blocked/dirty pores and spots. It really depends on your skin. Aftershave on a freshly shaven face is a little severe on the skin too. A 19 year old should really only wash with soap - no need for any artificial lotions etc at this young age.
>>
File: d96.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
d96.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>17532005
Same to you; good luck!
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.