[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting over it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1309254697818.jpg (402KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1309254697818.jpg
402KB, 1280x960px
How do you get over someone breaking up with you while you still love them?
I have had a gf for 2,5 years now and it ws always a sort of a LDR, but we would see each other multiple times a year for longer periods.

And yesterday, she tells me it's just become too much for her and that she "doesn't know who she is anymore, has become emotinally distanced because I am not there and that we have developed different interests"- while all of this is probably true it's been such a shock to me, I still love her but it feels so disgusting to know you have such strong feelings for someone and they simply don't care for you in that way anymore...

70% of my photos on the computer are doing things with her and pictures of her, every time I see them I just cry like a fucking baby no matter how relaxed I seem, we broke u p 2 days ago.

How do you get over still loving someone with all your soul when they don't love you anymore?
Any advice would be great guys...or similar stories so I can at least see how you got trough this...
>>
It's very possible she has another guy or atleast one in mind. Women are branch swingers and don't like being single and don't like to let go of the old branch until she's sure she can grab the new one. Nothing will help. Sleeping with a new girl won't. Alcohol won't. Delete all the photos. As hard as it is say fuck her she left you. Smoking helped me a little. Time will help. A new girl will lessen the amount of time it takes if you're the kind of guy that doesn't like being alone. Good fucking luck man. Don't don't do stupid shit like text her or stalk her social media.
>>
>>17530686
Also I meant cigarettes not marijuana. Nicotine and the actual act of smoking helped me get through my last break up. Terrible trade off though, lost money and health.
>>
>>17530686
We've been pretty honest in the conversation and she tells me at least she has no guy and just wants to take time for herself, while that may not be true she hasn't ever lied to me and I don't think it's true, in any case it doesn't matter.

How I might react when I see the guy in person is a different story, but that's a what if of a what if.

I feel like somone cut half my body out, today I checked for a good morning message and there was nothing - I just can't comprehend that there wont be anything, ever again...Wanted to marry this girl my man...fuck this gay earth.
>>
When a woman start to lose interest, she goes over all the small nasty details about her bf that has ever offset her, to justify the dumping.

And in worst-case-scenario she goes behinds his back with a new guy.

2,5 years of relationship turned into a unwanted memory of hopes and dreams... Im sorry buddy, hope you get over it soon and into the dating market again. No need to look back as she might as well be dead for you (emotionally)
>>
>>17530715
This guy is right she probably checked out emotionally months ago and just decided when to drop the bomb on you. That's how females operate my man. If this is your first heartbreak think of it as a badge of honor. Every man needs his heart shattered once in his life in order to be a man in my opinion. It'll make you tougher and smarter about relationships.
>>
>>17530723
She has told me she's been deciding on it for the last two months...
People tell me all these positive things to look forward to, I'm not ugly, I have a good job and my own apartment (22y.o.) and I could find a new girl....I just dont know if it would help..

The worst part is that I had no idea about any of this the last time we've seen each other, I feel like I missed out on doing things that I thought I'd do again soon...something like a hug...or a kiss or anything
>>
>>17530736

Anon, plenty of us have been there.

>>17530723 is spot on.

>How do you get over still loving someone with all your soul when they don't love you anymore?

Two things you must do.

One, nuclear option - clear all texts, her number, pictures, that thing she gave you - give it all away and/or delete it / throw it away.

Two, realize that you lost someone who didn't care very much about you, and she lost someone who cared very much about her.

And then you move on. You may never forget (and you shouldn't) but you move on.
>>
>>17530736
Just be single for a while unless you just want another girl. Get a new girl and move on with your life. I wasted time waiting for a girl to come back once. It's not a road you want to go down.
>>
>>17530645
Im in the same boat OP. I have cut all contact with my Ex and I still feel empty. Being reminded of her makes my heart drop and I can't breathe. If I were you I would just look for others instead of mentally killing yourself over her. Good luck
>>
Have you talked to your best friend yet about this?
>>
It's tough, OP.

I'm there right now. It's tough because she left me for someone. So the good memories have a lot of hurt attached to them. I'm guessing like most things, the path to healing is through forgiveness...holding onto the good stuff and letting go of the bad. I don't think anger is the way to go (like I see some guys do) but it's a necessary step on the way to getting over it.

There are chicks who are just as good as her, chicks who are hoping to meet a guy like you, but you need to be ready for them and you never really will be until you move on. Life has a way of giving us what we need when the time is right.

Forgive yourself for losing her, Forgive her for hurting you and go back out into the craziness of the world. Nothing else you can really do.

Carry on brother.
>>
>>17530715
>>17530723
>>17530749
>>17530769

Thanks for the advice guys, really puts things into perspective.

>>17530745
I dont want to delete the pictures since I might regret it one day after I've gotten over it that I deleted such a big part of my life, I will just ignore them for the time being..
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.