[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going back to School?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1472525550632-tg.jpg (87KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
1472525550632-tg.jpg
87KB, 640x512px
>Be me 18 and stupid
>class clown, distract the teacher to avoid quizzes/tests type dude
>go to university because it seemed like the thing to do, some friends and a brother went there
>average grades in HS, no subject I really stood out in
>not sure what the fuck to do here
>declare liberal arts because I don't know what I'm doing
>go to first few classes, bored so I add drop, still bored with second classes
>end up passing 2/4 with relatively good grades, but ignore other two and drop/fail
>Work at campus food court whole time I'm at the school, enjoying interacting with people more than getting lectured at
>the pittance of money to spend on stupid shit was nice too, for a time
>anyway drop out next semester
>wageslave ever since

>Be me, coming up on 23
>been working at a walgreens making company minimum 9/h almost a year
>starting to throw pennies at the crushing student debt (upwards of 14k)
>considering going back to school, community this time to save the ducats
>community advisors advise just going and paying out of pocket
>pic MFW I still don't even know what to go to school for when I even have the money

What should I major in, /adv?

Math has never been for me, when I try to explain why, people have speculated I have math dyslexia

Never been much of an artist

I'm told I'm a decent writer, but the idea of manufacturing essays more than a couple of pages gives me sadbrains

I enjoy travel and talking to new and different people

Not an outdoorsy type, but that's to be expected. We're on 4chan, after all.

History is p cool. It's all garbage after the industrial revolution ended, though. Ancient battles and strategy was where it's at

Science is interesting, but something like biology is just too darn complicated. Space is kickin' rad though

I guess this turned into an effort post, sorry everyone. Let's discuss
>>
>>17530410
If you don't know what you want to major in, don't go. You'll just end up wasting your money again. And definitely don't ask us for advice about what you should study, having someone else make major decision for you is the easiest way to be miserable
>>
Study Hunan resource management or General management. It's a simple career for simple people
>>
>>17530410
Do you want to be in debt forever to get another shitty job? I'd recommend you learn a skilled trade instead, you can make good money from the beginning
>>
>>17530465

What are my choices?
>>
>be me
>did not read tldr
>>
>>17530410
Professor writing here.

Don't go back to college until/unless your basic attitude and motivation changes, because you'll just repeat the past.

The first half of your story is not uncommon - lots of people float through high school and drift into college just to discover they're not really motivated or ready for it. Some take a few years off and change enough that they're more ready to try again. And they generally do very well.

But you don't sound like that, and I fear you'll just repeat history. There is no value judgment in what I am about to write: College is not for everyone.

You might be happier, more fulfilled and more successful taking a different route. The world will always need plumbers, carpenters, auto mechanics, postmen, barbers, truck drivers, hospital porters, security men, etc., etc. - all honorable and well-paying professions.

Please understand - I am not saying you're not good enough for college. I'm saying it might not be right for you.
>>
>>17530768
Welding, plumbing, etc.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.