[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remote Jobs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: remote-jobs.jpg (39KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
remote-jobs.jpg
39KB, 600x315px
I just quitted my job because of a change in the payment method that I didn't agree with, so right now I'm looking for a new job. I'm a shitskin from Peru.

Does anyone here has experience with remote jobs? As in, working with other people over the globe designing webs and shit? Peru's work situation it's really fucking horrible (I was basically earning $200 at a month) and a simple job that earned me 5$ per hour would suffice me to live here.

Any experiences or pointers anons? Help a poorfag out.
>>
I hate it when people from poor countries do jobs for shit pay, because they can afford to live with that in their country. I've been trying to do freelance stuff online, but all the jobs are always taken by some indians.
>>
>>17528458

Sorry to hear that anon, but I really need the job. My parents are too old to get a real job so I'm the only one bringin money to the house.
>>
>>17528458
It's the free market, fuckward. Deal with it.

>>17528031
What skills do you have? Jobs really change depending on that.
>>
>>17528871

Basic programming and web design, been working the last two years in customer support, currenty studying industrial engineering.

Also English, of course.
>>
>>17528881
Are you good enough at programming to make website apps? Any type of engineering, you'll probably only make money through an actual job, but website apps and mobile apps are very lucrative. A bunch of rich people think their idea is great, and they pay money for other people to make it.

You don't even need to be good at it, just have it look good and usable. No worries about scale because generally they're small time.

Last I saw (something like 3 years ago) I was looking at freelance web projects, and they paid something like $400 a pop. You can look at elance or sites like that.
>>
>>17528895

I only took one Java class in college and a two C++ ones. Never worked in a project before unless you consider fooling around with Rpg Maker and Game Maker for years as a project.
>>
>>17528912
Yeah, you're never going to need Java or C++ unless you become a software engineer.

If you're willing to put 2-3 months to learn for the payoff of making apps, I suggest ruby or python. They're much easier to pick up and unlike C++, come with frameworks that let you set up a website app in just 30 minutes.

Web design gigs are a thing though, and the most important thing to getting them is having a portfolio. Do you have a collection of designs you've done, so clients can see if they like your stuff?
>>
>>17528926

I've only done some few Blogspots before with a basic layout, but I made a generic Wordpress about a Smash Bros. Brawl modpack with some material of my own, you can say that was my most recent project.

Don't know if I could present that in a resume.

https://brawlminusmugen.wordpress.com/
>>
>>17528963
[spoiler]test that site on a bigger screen size[/spoiler]

Whenever I'm looking for designers (I've done this exactly 3 times, so I'm not an expert) I might not like all of their work, but if I like some of it, I'll pick them.

So, have a lot of samples for someone to look through, but make sure they're not cookie cutter and similar to each other. You want to show you're skilled at it, and put out consistently good material.

Also, in general, (I'm not sure about your local place) I've only taken into account portfolios, and not really their resume. It's designs people are after, not your alma mater or things like that.

But I'll be honest, working from home can be very stressful, and the bulk of it is advertising yourself instead of the actual job.
>>
>>17529036

Thanks for the advice bro, I'll have it in mind.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.