[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Roommate woes.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

I've got a problem.

I went to one of these student apartments where you get randomly matched with someone who's supposed to be like you. Long story cut really short, the girl I got matched with is nothing like me and we've been in a week-long Mexican standoff... Thing. I won't get into the details, but the end result is that I ended up talking to the apartment manager about the things that have been going on, and I wanted to schedule a mediation meeting to solve these problems. Get a third neutral party in there, work things out... My roommate has refused. Completely. She's been doing some not so legal things (in terms of violating her contract), like smoking inside the apartment and fuckin around with the internet modem, going behind the management's back... But those problems have been solved. We're dealing with something else now.

There are multiple comforters of her dirty laundry that have been sitting in the common area for over a month, now. She also leaves dishes out with food in them (and an unclean stove) for several days. At one point, a pot with water in it was accumulating mold. To me, this constitutes filth. This is dirty.

Turns out this thing might be long, so continued in next post...
>>
>>17527444
Cont.

We don't have matching schedules. At all. She's out of the apartment when I'm not, I'm not there when she is... It's very hard to communicate. Plus, the last time we were on the phone together she yelled at me and hung up. I called to tell her that a serviceman fixed something in our apartment.

So, I left her a note. She's left me notes on multiple occasions, so I didn't feel this to be an issue. It was kind of long, but basically it said: You need to clean your dishes or we're going to get bugs, please move your dirty laundry into your room because it's embarrassing and it smells, and the last part said that if she wanted to talk face to face about what's going on, then I'm happy to do so.

I believe the term for her reaction is, "She went absolutely fucking ballistic".

I left the note where she would see it, then I left for about 8 hours with a friend. We got back at 8:30pm. From outside the apartment, there was animalistic shrieking. I listened to what was going on, and it became evident that her braying was about me. But she had a guest over and I had a guest, so they quietly went on their way. I didn't confront her about anything because it's not fair to them.

I think one more post will finish this.
>>
>>17527455
Final cont.

It's now 2:00 am and she's still on the phone complaining to her friends about what I did. Apparently I called her "dirty", which is something that I told the apartment manager and not her. To me, leaving dishes out with food/wine in them for several days is dirty. Leaving comforters out in the open with smelly crotch covers is dirty. She doesn't like that I think she's "dirty". I can hear her (from inside my room) asking people over and over if she's dirty or not.

Here's the bottom line. I've been in this apartment for hours, and she hasn't approached me about this at all. She hasn't even confronted me. All she's doing is bitching on her phone. And I'm not saying that's a bad thing, those are her conversations. But she's not made any effort to settle this at all.

This is a 25 year old woman. She refuses to go to mediation and has told the apartment manager that she will talk to me about the issues (which was a lie, she never did), and I've tried to at least get something going with her. She hasn't given me anything in return. She just bitches.

I'm at a loss. What do I do? Every time I talk to the manager she tries to get me to sort it out between us, but that's clearly not working. She won't engage me, let alone have a civil conversation. Where do I go from here?
>>
Honestly just file a lawsuit for like endangermentve environment or go on there and give her your opinion or move out
>>
If she refuses to communicate you, there isn't much you can do. Your options seem to be
1. Move out
2. Deal with it
3.Talk with apartment manager about getting new roommate/kicking her out. This is unlikely however.

Now, are you sure that you are doing everything as polite/"right" as possible? When people post stories like these, they always leave shit out to make themselves look like the victim. Try to be honest with yourself.
>>
File: 1458100022630.jpg (202KB, 631x468px) Image search: [Google]
1458100022630.jpg
202KB, 631x468px
>>17527480
D-Do you think lawsuit-chan is possible?

One of the reasons I haven't really gone over there is because I'm sick. I've got a lot of illnesses, and a brain tumor. Tiny one, currently not lethal, but it still exists. And it kind of fucks me up. I have trouble staying focused, my memory is screwy, and I get dizzy. I've looked for a third party to mediate our conversations because I fall into the category of disabled. The apartment manager knows this, by the way.

I kinda feel like that's a big deal. Ish. I don't know, I'm tired and very stressed.
>>
is it not possible to move into a different room?
>>
>>17527501
Honest, okay... Well, I do sometimes leave the dishes in the sink to soak overnight if I'm too tired. I'll do them in the morning. I've told her that I don't really mind her doing that, but she leaves them out for days. I never leave a dirty dish outside of the sink, either.

I don't really have company over except for my mother, who's helping me. I keep to myself, mostly in my room. I'm not really social. I have one basil plant out on the outside patio, but other than that and my dishes I have nothing in the common area. I even keep some of my dishes in my room.

I even wear headphones while on the PC, and I don't watch TV. The only noise from my room is when I laugh at a cat video.

Sometimes I'll order a sandwich from a take out place if I'm too tired to cook.

...That's... Pretty much all I do.
>>
>>17527506
Currently, no. The complex is at 100% capacity. She can't even stick me in a temporary room because it doesn't exist. And if they're completely full, there's nothing that can really be done.

But I've definitely asked to be moved. So far, I'm "on the list". Not very hopeful about where that puts me.
>>
>>17527514
Seems like normal roommate behavior. Trying to resolve it through third party seems very mature and too mature for her. You have your options, if she doesn't want to talk then she won't talk. I would suggest getting your mom to help you get a mediator (mom is not neutral), and help you in general
>>
Look bro, I'm gonna help you out. What you do is choke her out. I'm kidding, but that would solve certain things...

Anything that's filthy and has been out for more than a couple days in the common area should be thrown away. Just throw it away. Don't tell her anything. When she starts to notice her shit missing, she will be forced to talk. Don't do this to anything expensive.

Also, if you don't already have one, put a lock on your door. Fuck managment. If they are against it and find out, the worst you will get is a bill to fix the small holes or something. This is war baby. Okay to your strengths. And if you are chicken shit about throwing her filth away, get a plastic tub or something and put all her filth in it. No bitch gets to put her nasty shit all over the common area. Make it clear.
>>
>>17527444
The management must have a lot of experience with similar stories and a mechanism for moving one of you to someone else who wants a switch. It may be you who has to go through the hassle of moving to a different apartment, but it will be worth it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.