[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rape posts are annoying.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 1455748572772.jpg (206KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1455748572772.jpg
206KB, 2560x1600px
I know this is a weird question, but I just want to understand why I become annoyed/ agitated when I see women post videos on Facebook about rape/ rape culture. I feel like women assume that all men are rapists or secretly want to rape someone and that they only get raped. I'm not a woman so I can't see rape from their point of view, even though any decent person knows rape is completely fucked up. It bothers me that I get annoyed by seeing these posts and I can't explain why..
>>
>>17527337
Check this out. An interview of two women, both philosphers and feminists. They however are much more conservative than you would find on tumblr for ex and differentiate the ideas of gender feminism and equity feminism:

http://www.pbs.org/thinktank/transcript132.html
>>
>>17527337
>but I just want to understand why I become annoyed/ agitated when I see women post videos on Facebook about rape/ rape culture

1) it is annoying and agitating to be shown to be wrong

2) they are over exaggerating
>>
>>17527341
Okay I will. It's a little long so I'll do it later.

>>17527344
It fucking grinds my gears when every other post is some cringey video thats like "SEE rape is bad and it's not womens fault" If you're worried about getting raped buy a fucking gun and don't get blackout drunk with some dude you just met.. If any normal person is worried about something happening they take precautions so it doesn't happen. Not feminist though.
>>
>>17527385
Yeah tots, definitely a long read. But a refreshing perspective on the feminist movement nonetheless if you're interested.
>>
>>17527337
>and that they only get raped.

Have you looked at rape statistics between men and women cause I can guarantee you they're not 50-50 or even 60-40 or 70-30 or 80-20....well, have you?
>>
Maybe you should take a step back and look at why you react that way, because you sound kinda paranoid right now friend.
>>
>>17527337

You most likely spend too much time on /pol/ or /r9k/ where you're conditioned to immediately hate anything having to do with women cause immediately it's tacked on with something negative like "SJW" right next to it.

Why would you get mad about if you're not a rapist? You're the exact reason those videos exist cause you're brushing off rape as not a big deal. And then you're getting all defensive thinking women think of you as a rapist, so you rationalize dumb thoughts like, "I don't wanna be with women cause they'll accuse me of being a rapist" when the reality is these false rape accusations are extremely rare, talking low single digit percentages, but you like to fixate on these as your go-to defense.
>>
>>17527401
A little bit. Most of what I've read says that around 10% of rape victims are men.

>>17527406
Why would I be paranoid?
>>
>>17527420
>10% of rape victims are men.

Raped by other men, mostly in prison by men who are in there for being outside world rapists.

>Why would I be paranoid

Well why do you get bothered that women are bringing up a huge issue that affects them? I can guarantee you that not all women think every man is a rapist, that's you making up your own paranoid excuses for whatever reason probably cause you've socially conditioned yourself to hate SJW rhetoric mostly thanks to 4chan.
>>
>>17527408
You're probably right. Most of the shit I see is done by some feminists who make males sound like cavemen who's only thought is banging the next female they see without any thought of consequence or morals. Maybe I'm just offended for some reason haha
>>
>>17527408
>Why would you get mad about if you're not a rapist? You're the exact reason those videos exist cause you're brushing off rape as not a big deal.
It's not, it's blown completely out of proportion. Being raped is bad, but there is no rape culture and it's not the ultimate evil act that people make it out to be. Nobody talks about "murder culture" because it's so obviously stupid.
>when the reality is these false rape accusations are extremely rare, talking low single digit percentages, but you like to fixate on these as your go-to defense.
I'd love to know how they come up with these statistics
>>
>>17527337
>i can't see rape from their point of view
Try prison
>>
Are you saying you get triggered b seeing something?
Lmao what a little babby
>>
>>17527422

Ahh awesome. I have 4chan to blame for fucking me up as a person even more.
>>
>>17527436
Yes. Sometimes when I see things they get a reaction out of me. It's a trait most human beings have.
>>
>>17527441
>I want media to not hurt my teeny weeny feelings

Get a load of this fag pussy here

Either go full freedom or no freedom, no pussyfooting here for efficiency
>>
>>17527448
Are you even trying?
>>
>>17527451
Not knowing where human efficiency lies.

Open up an anthropology book for a change instead of touching your weeny cuz no gf :')
>>
>>17527454
derp
>>
>>17527337
If you think rape posts are annoying, try being raped. It can ruin your whole day.
>>
>>17527408
Dude when I was a kid I was raped (I'm male and female raped me) and all those rape things bother me they blow it all out of proportion I'm honestly annoyed by it like OP
>>
Bro nice anectode thanks for the rape lie.

>Yeah bro I totally got raped bro
>-some dude on the internet
>>
>>17527337
They got raped and so they want to raise awareness as they say and at a subconscious level its so they can feel strong by confronting a boogeyman now that the attacker is away. You can't use logic on them, that just doesn't work. Sad to hear but it's true. Try to conceptualize why they feel the need to emphasis this point.
>>
I have to wonder if the rape culture people get so amped up about it because they also associate with minority populations that are more likely to cat call or look down on women, so it seems like a bigger problem than if they were in predominantly white or even asian neighborhoods. There's a video that was floating around of a woman walking around NY (I think) and all day she was getting harassed by black guys. My sister grew up in an upper middle class white neighborhood and never got cat called in her life, but as soon as she moved to an area that had mostly Hispanics then she was pestered almost every day (she moved back to a better neighborhood thankfully - no more cat calls thankfully).
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.