[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going on antidepressants soon lads Anyone had success with them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: antidepressants.jpg (307KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
antidepressants.jpg
307KB, 2000x1000px
Going on antidepressants soon lads

Anyone had success with them?
>>
Don't. You'll get more tired, more unmotivated and more suicidal.

Just go to therapy, drugs are shit.
>>
>>17525382
been in therapy 2 months, not much improvement yet mate

I do remember the tiredness being very bad last time I took lexipro a few years back but I'm willing to try anything at this point
>>
>>17525396
>2 months

Nigga therapy takes years. If you can't wait that long you're better off to just kys.
>>
>>17525410
well I asked for specifically for something that doesn't cause drowsiness, so I am failing to see the downsides here
>>
>>17525568
Doesn't exist m8
>>
be careful which one you go on. some are more "safe" than others in terms of side effects and overall performance. I take one considered "safe" called busparone and it works for me about 75% of how I want it to.
>>
w e w
are antidepressants really that shit? anyone had positive experience on them?
(im not op)
>>
Never heard of drugs curing depression. At least not pharmaceutical drugs. I've heard of ayahuasca helping people out of a slump, but I'm not advocating that either.
>>
>>17525376
It worked for me for a bit but not sure if it was placebo. I was 17 when I went on them first, 6 years ago. It ruined my sex drive (couldn't orgasm) and I'm not sure it ever recovered. Brain drugs are risky.
>>
I've been on Zoloft since August, I think more for anxiety than depression. The first week was un-fucking-believable. Everything was awesome, my mood did a complete 180 and people at work noticed. Work stopped being a slog.

I was never able to sleep well to begin with, so this might be unrelated. But I'd always wake up around noon feeling like absolute dog shit. Couple days later I'd wake up at 7 am and feel great.

Now it's today and I don't feel as super happy as I did the first week but I also don't feel like shit anymore. I'm a little bit less reserved than usual and a bit more open with people. I hate life a lot less. Even have a girl that's interested in me and I'm gonna ask her out.

Yeah it takes a little bit longer to jerk it but it seems like a fair trade. It helps if you go into it wanting a change, because I have felt like shit for the past 4 years. I was tired of feeling like that, and I sure as hell wasn't going to kill myself. It helps that I found someone that wanted to get better for.

Idk man. I can't tell you that they will work, but it will take some effort on your part if you really want change.
>>
i'm on Celexa for depression/anxiety right now and it's helped me a ton. the first few days taking them were rough because i was super nauseous and exhausted all the time, but when it came time to sleep i couldn't sleep at all. now that i've been on them for 3 or 4 weeks, the side effects are pretty much gone. i get drowsy when i take my dose, but i just take it before i go to bed and that works out fine.

you may get lucky like me and have your first med work out perfectly, or you may have to switch around a bit with dosages/different meds to find what works for you. either way, it's worth a shot because being on Celexa has helped me not feel like absolute shit everyday. the point of them is to help stabilize your mood while you work on behavioral modification like therapy; don't rely on them for much more than that, but they do what they're supposed to do pretty well (for me at least).
>>
>>17525382

this, the only positive was that I was more sociable despite still being a shut-in
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.