[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Relationship advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1470671519870.jpg (156KB, 746x982px) Image search: [Google]
1470671519870.jpg
156KB, 746x982px
I've had this friend on Skype for a few months now, since the beginning of April. We met on 4chan, so obviously there's a huge element of anonymity there. Over the last few weeks, I started to develop feelings for him as we revealed more and more about ourselves (our names, what we do for a living, a few pictures of ourselves, Skype calls, that sort of thing), and we've also helped each other through a few rough nights. A few nights ago I decided to let him know how I felt about him, and he told me that while he did love me (not really sure what he meant by that, he might have just meant it in a friendly manner, he's really generally loving like that), he had been in some really rough relationships in the past and doing something like this, especially online, was a line he wasn't willing to cross, but that he still wanted to be best friends with me.

Is there anything I can do here? I'm sure that the popular opinion will be to forget about it and not try to do anything with it, but I still really care for him, and I feel like if I could just get him to take that step it would all be alright.

Sorry for the wall of text, I felt like some context might help. Also, faganon, not femanon.
>>
Increasingly-worried-self bump
>>
me and a person met online when myspace was still a thing, we developed feelings over it all after years of talking, phone calls, picture swaps, all that jazz without human contact. we stayed as best friends. when we started seeing each other in person, we developed deeper feelings, but couldnt do anything because we had partners at the time, so we kept it mutual.

One point, we were both single and started dating and had a nice time together while it lasted.

Moral of the story is don't rush it, see each other if you are serious with each other. It has to be the right moment, and right now, it isn't.
>>
File: 1471641548948.png (17KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1471641548948.png
17KB, 500x300px
>>17525503
How do I tell when it's the right time though? I feel like it might be now, he definitely trusts me, he's just a bit hesitant due to past relationships ending really poorly.
>>
He rejected you. Move on.
>>
>>17525503
that's a good advice lad but answer this if you can
>>17526085
>>
>>17525257
God damn, your story sounds almost exactly like what I'm going through- fellow faganon falling in love with a friend they found from another board here. Sadly my story doesn't have a happy ending.

You however might have a chance. Assuming that the whole gay thing isn't a hurdle at all, then what you probably should try to gauge his interest in you before proceeding. He said he loves you, which means there are some feelings for you there at the very least, but you should try to scope them out to be sure. Make sure you figure out what kind of love- take your time.

If you have some level of confidence that you might have some reciprocation of love, try meeting him in person and hanging out for like a week. Spending some time in person might make it "real" to him and show that you aren't just some guy in front of a computer screen.

I wish you the best of luck anon, I hope you can make your situation work.
>>
Do this in person.
Long distance relationships rarely work and they can leave a deep scar to the point where you might end up having awful memories pop up every time you open the program.

Then again, I know this couple who live across the sea from one another and have seen each other in person which developed to the point where the other person is going to move to the USA to live together.
They both have jobs and a share of health problems that make it difficult to live, but they managed to learn how to live with it.
>>
>>17527923
I know your pain so well Anon, I really hope that works out for you. It's just the worst feel, isn't it? Being gay isn't a hurdle at all, this might sound super pathetic but I'm not even really gay, I just did it because I specifically like him and he's about as straight as a rainbow.
>>17527955
>>17527923
How do I go about asking him to meet up with me though? I really don't think we're quite that close, our picture trading has been pretty miniscule at best. I really do think that would help with our situation, but I'm sure that might sound a bit creepy to ask.
>>
>>17528071
>this might sound super pathetic but I'm not even really gay, I just did it because I specifically like him

Are you me?

In my situation the person of my affections claims to be perfectly straight, though I question that based on stuff discussed in the past. Really I think the biggest issue fuck up for me was that I fell in love somehow with someone who has literally 0 interest in a relationship and otherwise completely socially retarded. How I became best friends with and fell in love with a person like that in the span of a year is absolutely baffling to me- complete opposite of a grill I liked a few years ago.

>How do I go about asking him to meet up with me though?
If you originally met because of a common interest in something, conventions are a great excuse to meet up in person.

My friend and I met up in person first time a con; ended up going way out of my way to take him there so I got to spend a lot of time with him that way. You don't even have to treat it romantically, just see how you click in person. If you guys still hit it off then maybe you can visit the other where they live for a little while if there's some kind of attraction or stuff to visit.

Unfortunately for me, after meeting with him several times and having him stay at my place for a bit I ended up liking his company too much. I became so attached that now I think the only way to continue is to move on and basically just cut all communication. Going from talking for hours almost every day to just nothing absolutely kills me, but I don't know what else to do. Falling in love with friends is a dangerous game.
>>
>>17528275
We're just soul mates, Anon. Wanna meet up sometime?

Thanks that's a good suggestion. We did meet over a common interest, I'm just not really sure how to say that with out sounding weird.
>>
>>17528693
>We're just soul mates, Anon. Wanna meet up sometime?
Eyy boi u want sum fuk?

I will say it's nice talking to someone else who's got a similar situation. Made me feel a lot better compared to how I had been feeling.

>I'm just not really sure how to say that with out sounding weird.
How big are cons in this common interest? Have you ever been to a con? If they are common and there are some big name ones than it wouldn't be weird at all to discuss going to one.
>>
>>17529034
It's two things /adv/ would bully me for, but yeah there's lots of cons for them. The problem is that I'm poor, and he lives way in the south, and I'm up in the north. I suppose that's not your issue though, I need to figure out my budget.

>Eyy boi u want sum fuk?
Take me, im yours. You had me "Eyy".
>>
>>17529127
I ain't from this board and I'm no normie so no bully from me. [spoiler]This interest doesn't happen to be related to GR15 does it?[/spoiler]

Most con's I know of are generally in the north east so you getting to one might not be a big deal- buses are cheap if you're willing to stand one and flying can be cheap if you book at the right times. You can pull it off for maybe a few hundred if you know other people that might go and share the hotel room with them and your friend.

If there's a will there's a way. Just gotta see if they're interested and start planning and saving if they are, unless you are a total NEET you should be able to squirrel the money away considering most cons are during the summer. Is your friend a poorfag though? Makes things a bit more difficult if that's the case unless they are experienced in going to cons as one.

>Take me, im yours. You had me "Eyy".
Shit, now I have to decide if it's worth finishing the last few years of my wizard training or if I should book a flight and lose my powers.
>>
File: 1472046010609.jpg (2MB, 2592x1552px) Image search: [Google]
1472046010609.jpg
2MB, 2592x1552px
>>17529264
Yes it does, also /k/ommando, and writing.
Im not really sure how much of a poor fag he is, I know he's actually at a con right now, but it's in the same state he lives in so he didn't have to go far. I guess I'll take a look around for one, see what I can see. I'm mainly confused above all, he tells me that he can bring himself to start something up like that but than turns around and says stuff like "I love you, you're so amazing!" and stuff like that, plus tons of ERP. It's weird.

>I should book a flight and lose my powers.
Do it, we can meld our virginities together and become super faggot wizards
>>
>>17525257
>fagfag
kys
>>
>>17529381
>Yes it does
Haha, shit, we come from the same board then. This is 2spooky.

Wouldn't happen to be a con related to the pastel colored ones would it? At least with respect to cons he will be familiar with them, and inviting him to come to one shouldn't come off as weird at all. Could even sell it as an excuse to meet. If he you likes you enough he should bite.

Sadly I don't know how much I can help with your confusion without knowing the guy. Some people throw around those words for literally any reason, others are very reserved with them. I suppose context is important too. I wouldn't necessarily look too much into the ERP thing unless there's a heavy focus on the non sexual love parts as opposed to just the erotic parts.

>Do it, we can meld our virginities together and become super faggot wizards
I'm game, though doesn't touching wands mean you lose your wizard powers?
>>
>>17529440
There isn't really. It's mentioned a few times but it's not very prevalent in the RP. I guess I'll try to meet up with him, see what I can do. Thanks a lot Anon, it's nice to know someone else is having the same problem I am.

>I'm game, though doesn't touching wands mean you lose your wizard powers?
Only if we forget to say "No homo"
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.