[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the safe bet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: hobbes.gif (19KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
hobbes.gif
19KB, 1680x1050px
Girlfriend recently brought up to me that she feels like I don't like her as much as I did last year. At first I thought where was this coming from? Thinking more about it and letting in ruminate, it really started to bother me as to why she's with me now?

Last year we dated for a good three months. I was being me, a thoughtful, good guy but doesn' take bullshit. I planned fun stuff to do together, brought flowers, cooked dinners together, made her feel special. We got along great, no games no power plays, better than other friends in relationships at the time, or so I thought. I really liked her and thought it had potential, so I brought up the what are we talk and she didn't want a relationship, right now (as in, not with me). Alright, cool

I overhear a mutual girl friend a few days later how they're going on a resort vacation together where they can chase guys and not have to see them again. That was a little uneasy to hear. Then I find out some more stuff and felt like the rug was pulled out from underneath me, but we weren't "official" so I just said whatever, tried not to let it fuck with me too much, took my self respect and distanced myself.

She comes back a few months later and wanted to start over. I let her put in all the effort this time and ask for the relationship. I agree, put all the bullshit of what happened before to the side and the next few honeymoon phase months are great, but I wasn't as ambitious the first time, little things here and there, remembering I got burned before.

Now what she said the other night made me think that since all the fun was over and friends were getting into relationships, now I'm what she wants? Doesn't want to be lonely? Made me think I'm some safe bet. She tried to convince me otherwise but now it's in the back of my mind. I want to say that she genuinely does want to be with me me or is it because she knew other girls are interested in me too?

How do I get over this? Just let it go?
>>
>>17525230
>a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z were here
A tatto that would sum up her life
>>
>>17525230
as a girl, anon, let me tell you i think you sound pretty cool
you seem calm, reflected, open to being wrong but not willing to be pushed over.

what that tells my womanly instincts is that you're a long-term kinda guy, which is definetely very important to any girl who is going into a relationship with you.
some girls don't want long-term. some girls think they do and realize their mistake when they are already married with a kid on the way and golden retriever hairs all over the car seats. we can definetely tell when a guy is "for real", as they say, and contrary to popular belief some women are just as scared of that as some guys are.

My official and completely untrustworthy diagnosis is that you are with a girl who doesn't know what she wants, or isn't ready for what she wants. she's either going to stick with you for years and years or yo-yo back whenever the single life leaves her longing for stability and comfort.
She knows you're "for real", anon, but you have to look inside yourself and figure out if she is.
>>
>>17525265
>She knows you're "for real", anon, but you have to look inside yourself and figure out if she is
wow, not OP but thank you fem anon. I agree this is her way of alerting you she is wobbly and can be used as justification to bail
>>
>>17525265
>you have to look inside yourself and figure out if she is.
What the fuck does that mean? OP isn't the problem.
>>17525230
Don't deal with her childish bullshit. Give her an ultimatum. Stay or go. And to be honest, most guys wouldn't invest in such an obvious whore. Good on you for being "for real".
>>
>>17525302
>>you have to look inside yourself and figure out if she is.
>What the fuck does that mean? OP isn't the problem.

I mean that he has to look at the facts that only he knows and see if he thinks she's going to stay. obviously he knows her well and in a way that anonymous advice givers on 4chan never can. I can't tell if she's for real, only anon can
>>
>>17525230
personally i would just drop her and get some easy puss for a while.
>>
>>17525265
I really want to believe she is for real. Now when I hear of/about or see this friend of hers who non nonchalantly brought up the stuff I dreaded hearing, it's like I'm being a sucker for sticking around
>>
>>17525439
anon, i give you advice from the bottom of my heart

daydream a little. imagine your life together. imagine two months from now, you two still together, chilling on the couch with a movie. imagine laying in bed and looking at her snapstory from when she was out with her girlfriends. imagine having to go away for a weekend and missing her on the plane.

In all of these scenarios and any other you can come up with, are you anxious? do you trust her? do you firmly believe that when she is out, when you are away, when she is angry and sad or after you fight, that she will stay with you?

if thinking about that makes you doubt yourself then the relationship just can't last. if there isn't mutual trust then nothing good can come out of it.
>>
The older I get, the more I realize that dating should be not a practice marriage.

That's starting to be more and more nonsensical to me.

If anything, the contrast between dating and marriage should be much more stark.

Getting to know each other should be casual and free wheeling.

If you have the opportunity to get to know another chick, that would be the time to do it. Same goes for her and another guy.

Yes, that sounds like "cheating".

No, cheating is fucking with a marriage vow.

I think marriage should be a sealed deal which is taken with the utmost seriousness.

But until then, most of this dating drama regarding faithfulness and shit all seems so goddamn pointless.

You think she's settling?

Fine. Fucking bounce.

You have no kids. You have no house. You don't appreciate your freedom until you've involved that kind of stuff.

Regards,

Married person of 10 years.
>>
File: CAltWY6UkAAKwzg.jpg (34KB, 480x552px) Image search: [Google]
CAltWY6UkAAKwzg.jpg
34KB, 480x552px
>>17525485
>marrying when you are 10
Hardcore
>>
>>17525522

Y-yeah. Th-thanks.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.