[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This happened literally 1 hour ago >went to buy ink cartrdge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

This happened literally 1 hour ago
>went to buy ink cartrdge
>"if you don't see one we don't have any in store"
>kept looking and browsed the web for potential replacement
>gave up, about to leave
>this qt3.14 shorty blonde glasses hp support runs to me with cartridge that i needed
>"my co-worker told me you were loking for this specific one, here you go"
>So amazed that i was only able to smile and thank her twice
>left the shop
>still thinking about her
>"wy the fuck didn't i chat with her?"

I know i fucked up badly, but this was first time since i don't even remember when i was amazed by a girl. I'm no shut-in shy guy, i have no problem engaging and holding conversations with girls but today i was caught off guard.

I really want to get in touch with her, but how do i do it now?
>>
>>17525118
don't think much about it. I work at a retail store our managers drill it on our head to be NICE to everyone especially the qt girls
>>
>>17525125
>>17525125
I do work at a retail store too, and i know how it works. It's not about her being nice to me, because i'm used to this. It's not the fact that she was nice to me, it's because for the first time since really long i felt like chasing somebody (normally i go on dates with girls just to "stay in shape").
>>
>>17525136
well asking her out at work might be creepy and could backfire
try see if she has online dating profile on okcupid,pof
also look for her on tinder.
You could always just drive back to that place at a similar time and set tinder to girls within 1mile
>>
Man, sometimes you just run into someone who takes your breathe away the first meeting, and you never see them again. It's pretty cool, and sucks you sperged and didn't get her number, but you'll forget about her after a while since you never had anything invested in her in the first place.

Or, go back to buy something the same time next week and engage her. But if you chicken out of talking to her, you're literally stalking her.
>>
>>17525118
As a girl who goes the extra mile for customers, any advances as a result of that or just at work in general would be very unwelcome. Don't flirt with or try to get to know people when they're at work.
>>
>>17525156
That seems narrow-minded and shallow.

I'm a male and work retail, and genuinely like going the extra mile to help people, but I would not be rude to someone for expressing interest unless they ignored my body language and advanced when I was clearly uncomfortable.

Just read the situation, OP. If she becomes slightly less enthusiastic after you begin to talk to her, she's just being polite, so move on.
>>
>>17525147
Not using tinder since i don't enjoy dating apps. You either man up and face it or don't do it at all.
>>17525151
Pretty neat idea, i never actually chickened out when talking to random girls so i'm okay with this. But i'll do it only if it won't fade away until next time.
>>17525156
As a guy who works at a retail store mailny with girls, i have to agree on most part. But i'd rather say it was all about approach. Guys who are overconfident and try to "seduce" got always shot down brutally, while guys who came back with "hey, i just wanted to say i like you" and been honest had some success (mostly because almost all my co-workers are taken).

Also to add some context: my retail store is placed at the same mall that the store i was buying my cartridge. I could always just come to her, tell her i really appreciate that since i'd take me forever to find it and suggest that if she ever would want to buy something in my store, i can give her my worker's discount as thanks.
>>
>>17525118
same thing happened to me!
but then I told myself, a girl that goodlooking is definitely taken, no loss there. Otherwise the loss will be on my time.
>>
>>17525118
/retails general/ ?
>>
>>17525118
SHE HAS A BOYFRIEND
>>
>>17525262
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4faSs0mg_pI
>>
You really want to date some deadbeat that works hp support? Making what? $11 an hour? Lol
>>
>>17525177
I wouldn't be rude either? But I wouldn't want it to happen. I'm at fucking work and I'm being nice and going the extra mile because it's my job. I hate it when people try to get close to me at work, it's very selfish. You are not in your natural element at work. Hitting on someone or trying to get their interest is what social events, bars and clubs are for. It would be very unwelcome at work.
>>
>>17525276
>What is part-time job to have some money when you're uni student.
>>
>>17525291
As I said, you are extremely shallow. I do not put on a special air in the workplace or feel out of my natural element because I actually feel good and comfortable helping people. That's just who I am. I don't pretend to want to help people because it's my job.

Are all women fake like you?
>>
File: penguins_on_table_19.jpg (40KB, 553x369px) Image search: [Google]
penguins_on_table_19.jpg
40KB, 553x369px
>>17525125
>NICE to everyone especially the qt girls
That's because in our culture-- well, American and Canadian anyway-- women are typically very poorly socialized.

Your manager doesn't want you mean faced and snarling.
> What do YOU want? UUghHHHH! FINE! Here's your ice cream! Now PAY!

What you believe is /overly/ nice is actually just good manners and being a positive and personable person.

No, no one is owed your time; but repartee costs nothing but a scant moment of your time, and being kind makes the world a better place.
>>
>>17525736
There is absolutely nothing shallow about not wanting to be bothered by people hitting on you at work (???). You clearly have some kind of issues with women or anger for all the assumptions you're making, first thinking I'd be rude to the customers and then assuming I don't feel good and comfortable helping people, or that I have some sort of special air. Baseless assumptions just make you look bad.

Everyone is out of their element at work to a degree because you have to maintain a certain air of professionalism that you wouldn't with friends, if an asshole customer comes in you'd certainly treat them differently than if an asshole just walked up to you on the street, or called you at home. You don't spend 4 hours finding the best product for a stranger on the street who asked you to, who obviously doesn't appreciate your efforts and is treating you rudely and acting entitled. You don't talk politics, religion, personal matters, or potentially controversial hobbies with customers, that's unprofessional. You can do that with friends.

>Are all women fake like you?

Lol at you claiming to be a genuinely nice and good person, and then going and saying something like that. Would you call a customer whose opinion you didn't like shallow and fake? Would you tell a woman who came in that you think all women are fake? Newsflash: you're not nice, and you're just as "fake". Maybe you're just too autistic to see it.
>>
>>17525769
Why would it be selfish for someone to try to get to know you at work? That doesn't make any sense and it sounds like you think that you're some sort of prize to be won. There's no reason for you to hate someone for trying to talk to you.

Plus, you literally said that you are nice and go the extra mile for them because it's your job, not because you have any interest in their needs or them as people.

I'm not a saint, but I'm also not a cunt in denial like you.
>>
>>17525769
>everybody's out of their element at work
OP here after few hours away. That's straight up bullshit. There's no "element" You either know how to behave everywhere and read everybody's bodylanguage, or you look for excuses. I bet you hate your job. Been working in retail since i started studying (i don't want my parents spending money on me just because i'm studying while i can get a job myself) and seriously, reading your post was painful. We all are human beings and whenever i'm seeing somebody who's just as laid-back as me i'll imidiately look for best options for him. I'm getting paid for it, and i can also enjoy somebody's personality, what am i losing?

>You don't talk politics, religion, personal matters, or potentially controversial hobbies with customers, that's unprofessional.

And that's why everybody's hating retail right now. Everybody has their opinions, and i have alot of clients comming back to me just because we share opinions/we had geniuine discussion about certain topic. Nobody wants sterile professionalism, people rather pay more and have a "relationship" with their provider than be threatened like everybody else.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.