[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Family is being ridiculous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 11.png (26KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
11.png
26KB, 640x400px
I'm a 20 year old woman whose going to fly out to meet the man I've been in a LDR for the past 6 months with. I've been on 4chan since I was b&, I'd have known within a week of talking to him if I was getting catfished. My family has been aware of our relationship since the start and have never approved, but now that I've told them I booked my flight they've all gone absolutely batshit, threatening to report me to social services for being a "vulberable adult who cannot be trusted to make decisions like this for myself" and that I need to be "mentally asessed before being allowed to leave the country". They have no grounds to stand on because all I am is on the autistic spectrum (aspergers) but I'm still scared of waking up to the police on my doorstep. What should I do about these threats? Is there anything I can say or do that will make them see reason? If I had the money I would change my flight to leave sooner, but as it stands my flight leaves in a week.
>>
File: 1jCNAWu3GdkGRmFKjrRWhWw.jpg (610KB, 1840x1227px) Image search: [Google]
1jCNAWu3GdkGRmFKjrRWhWw.jpg
610KB, 1840x1227px
Assure them you will meet him in a safe place, such as a police station.
>>
honestly it's a dumb idea, LDRs are a dumb idea
>>
>>17524067
I've already told them I'm meeting him at the airport, it doesn't change anything since in their view "this is going to be exactly like Taken". I've never hated a movie more.
>>
>>17524071
well my entire family couldn't dissuade me, but this one anonymous post has. Thanks anon, cancelling my ticket now!
>>
>>17524061
Things like this never turn out well. Your family is right, and the fact that you are mentally ill doesn't help your case either.
>>
File: Fantastic-Planet-Tiva-and-Sinh.jpg (34KB, 434x317px) Image search: [Google]
Fantastic-Planet-Tiva-and-Sinh.jpg
34KB, 434x317px
>>17524073
Ok, what do you see in him and what does he see in you?
>>
Have you at least had a video call with this person?

Honestly, you're incredibly naive and putting yourself at risk. Your parents realize what a sheltered life you've lived, but you don't. There is evil in this world, and it doesn't take the form of your long-distance partner. I assume your fare is round trip? How long are you staying? Where are you staying? What do you do if that plan falls through? What do you do if you lose your packed possessions and/or your ID? You said you barely have enough money to make this trip, why live beyond your means? How are you going to pay for unforeseen expenses? I doubt you've thought this through.

LDRs aren't worth the effort, anyway. People simply aren't these unique snowflakes you can never replace.
>>
Why couldn't he fly to see you?
>>
>>17524071
this anon is right

stop being autistic and listen to your family.

>'d have known within a week of talking to him if I was getting catfished.

have you been catfished before?

>What should I do about these threats?
they can't take you to a mental shelter unless you're a danger to yourself or others. since you're just making shitty decisions, if they actually try to physically assault you are in your rights to call the police, other than that, you cant do anything.

>Is there anything I can say or do that will make them see reason?

the reason they're suspicious is because you bought a ticket to go over to the guy. they'd feel better if the guy came to you. think about it form their perspective

>daughter who is mentally unstable
>going off to a land neither of them have been before
>to meet a guy that neither of them have seen face to face who they've never talked to as well

your parents are perfectly rational

you're the one that sounds like you're thinking is iirational
>>
>tfw no qt to fly out to see me
time to watch more anime
>>
>>17524076
glad I could help
>>
>>17524128
any recommendations?
>>
>>17524158
Just what op wanted to read.

Now go and fuck up your life.
>>
hahaha autism
best thing to do is disregard your stupid parents and just do what you want
>>
>>17524061
>I'd have known within a week of talking to him if I was getting catfished
...wait, so you haven't confirmed that yet via skype or something?
I hope this is bait.

If not, your family is probably right.
But they can't actually stop you. You're 20, and not completely insane, so there is nothing they can do about this.
I guess you'll find out what you got yourself into when you get there.
Hope the plane ticket wasn't too expensive.
>>
>>17524155
desu im reading little witch romanesque right now
10/10 art

anime wise rezero is good, so is 'this art club has a problem'
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.